+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

overstayed and got a confirmation letter. POSSIBLE?

thisisauser

Nov 23, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
pfse said:
I'm also from visa exempt country. I didn't get any visa on entry (because I don't need one) and I didn't get any stamp in Passport with expiry date or something... The officer just stamped my passport with the date of entry and that's all...
That's what I've seen too. I had a former colleague from France and she had some form of one year work permit. She stopped working after that but stayed much longer in Canada. Has been back and forth several time since with no issues at the border. Doesn't guarantee that it's not going to be a problem for OP when landing.

Capricorn2012

Dec 1, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP- Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 28, 2013
AOR Received.
October 30, 2013
IELTS Request
With application
Med's Request
March 21, 2014
Med's Done....
March 24, 2014
Passport Req..
March 29, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
April 2, 2014
LANDED..........
April 8, 2014
I know so many people who do flagpole and are never asked about the current status nor do the CBSA ask for a study or work permit
One of my colleagues at work applied CEC and his work permit expired
He applied for visitor visa and got it for one year
His visitor visa expired when he got his medicals
He chose not to renew the visa and got COPR within the three month time frame where you can stay in canada after your status expires
He went to border, they never asked him anything and he was fine

Inland cic guys will definitely ask for op,s expired work permit and will be a problem
I think going to the border is a better option

dennisown

Jul 6, 2010
thank you so much guys.
these are very valuable comments to help me do something about my mistake.
thinking to fly home as soon as possible and come back.
don't think transit through us is a good idea so might catch a domestic flight and transit from vancouver to home.

btw apparently you can do inland landing at cic office(ottawa at least) without appointment if you got pr under CEC category. every tuesday from 9-12pmm confirmed with CIC

all the best to who are waiting for their result or starting their new life in Canada.

MenicMonday

Feb 25, 2014
All the best dennisown.
As I mentioned earlier, you may want to sort this out with a good lawyer so that it will not haunt you during the Citizenship process.

Matt the Aussie

Mar 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-07-2013
Med's Request
28-01-2014
Med's Done....
18-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-03-2014
LANDED..........
11-04-2014
PMM said:
Hi

S/he can't "land" at an inland CIC, doesn't have valid status in Canada which is one of the criteria.
Regardless of what happened previously, wouldn't a CoPR constitute "valid status in Canada"?