+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Outright racism at Canadian VISA office

Jan 28, 2010
My partner of 4 years is a PR of Canada from Jamaica. He has an 8 yr old son in Jamaica who is living with family there. (not his birth mother) We went to visit in Dec. 09 and while there made application for a VISA for his son to come visit us - so that he can get aquainted better with his son before he sponsors him and brings him up and takes him from his good home there. We thought this process was in the best interests of the boy - the VISA office in Kingston Jamaica - we went to the counter the employee there - who's an employee of our Canadian government - demanded I sit down and proceeded to tell my boyfriend
(he is a black man and I am a white woman) to 'mind what he's doing with those white women because they just want to wrap the black men around their finger and run their lives' and the only reason she wants to bring your pikney to canada is so i can beat him! and never bring "HER" back to this office again!!!

I cannot beleive it ! Then the same woman handed him back his application a week later - dENIED!!!

I cannot beleive it! I have spoken to my MP and am preparing a complaint .
Be aware of this as a deciding factor on your visa app in kingston jamaica if you're a bi-racial couple!

lonelycanadianwifey

Jan 25, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston,Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2008
Doc's Request.
19-03-2009
AOR Received.
26-02-2009
File Transfer...
01-07-09
Med's Request
11-11-2009
Med's Done....
16-12-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-02-10
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-10
LANDED..........
02-28-10
Wow

I have been in process with them for almost 13 months and that is outland...its not only the racisim but i belive the whole emassy has problems and BIG ones at that ..

I am sorry that it has happened to you WOW is all i can say ...makes me sick that these type of epople are representing our canaidan government that woman should loose her job and you shouldnt stop till she does

all i can say is WOW

Jan 28, 2010
oh i'm workin on that - but in the meantime we've decided to just sponsor him - from what i hear it'll actually be easier than getting him a VISA - never done this before - so i'm glad i found this site, i'll get some guidance i hope hahaha

lonelycanadianwifey

Jan 25, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston,Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2008
Doc's Request.
19-03-2009
AOR Received.
26-02-2009
File Transfer...
01-07-09
Med's Request
11-11-2009
Med's Done....
16-12-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-02-10
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-10
LANDED..........
02-28-10
Come join us on the Kingston thread ther4e also is another woman there sponsering her step child and once my husbands lands I will to be bring over my step kids so come join our group!!!

lonelycanadianwifey

Jan 25, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston,Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2008
Doc's Request.
19-03-2009
AOR Received.
26-02-2009
File Transfer...
01-07-09
Med's Request
11-11-2009
Med's Done....
16-12-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-02-10
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-10
LANDED..........
02-28-10
just by posteing you joined it all good girl ..anyways i responded to your post there is alot of knowledge there so dont worry we got ur back on this applicatiion

canuck0469

Nov 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01 Feb, 2010
AOR Received.
Mar 11,2010
File Transfer...
26 Feb, 2010
Med's Request
Nov 22, 2010
Med's Done....
Jan 6, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 17, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2, 2010
LANDED..........
Dec 27, 2010
Hi sponsor, follow lcw"s lead and hope to see you there

Sickntiredofjamaica

Star Member
Oct 23, 2010
Homophobic Jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
June 7, 2010
Med's Done....
January 5, 2009
Interview........
Waivered
Passport Req..
November 30, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 8, 2010
LANDED..........
December 16, 2010
:eek:full of crap i want them to come give me that Some Jamaicans have no tact and dont know how to use their diction :mad:

HoneyBird

Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2010
Doc's Request.
Jun 2010
AOR Received.
Sep 2010
File Transfer...
Aug 2010
Med's Done....
Jun 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2011
LANDED..........
Feb 2011
wow! Jamaican or Canadian?
I find this so hard to believe that outright racism would be shown in such a manner.
Surely this employee should lose his/her job!
This sounds so crazy to be true! But to hear what these people are thinking out loud than to not be able to see it when they are thinking to themselves is priceless!
Keep us posted to the outcome.

B

boyee6576

We experienced the same thing with New Delhi. My husband is indian and I am white canadian. He was told that no Indian should marry a canadian. That indians only chase after white skin so that is the only reason he married me. She had alot to say and I emailed the High Commissioner himself. he responded and an investigation was done.

HoneyBird

Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2010
Doc's Request.
Jun 2010
AOR Received.
Sep 2010
File Transfer...
Aug 2010
Med's Done....
Jun 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2011
LANDED..........
Feb 2011
boyee6576 said:
We experienced the same thing with New Delhi. My husband is indian and I am white canadian. He was told that no Indian should marry a canadian. That indians only chase after white skin so that is the only reason he married me. She had alot to say and I emailed the High Commissioner himself. he responded and an investigation was done.
My hubby is white and I am Indian. I have heard of a few stories regarding my embassy but I am trying to think positive! Its just so strange that these people are voicing these statements...its really scary.

B

boyee6576

I am sorry honeybird please dont worry. I think these are rare occassions. I see so many getting through the process without the problems that we have had. Its rare. I didnt share my story to scare people, but I thought it was important to share it inorder to prepare those that have interviews. My husband was not expecting her to say such things and he was so shocked he couldnt speak. If somone would have told us that this was possible, we would have been better prepared for the interview. So that is my point in sharing. So if there are others which I hope there isnt, that come against the same scenario they can prepare in advance of what they will say. I wished someone would have told us about it. We would have been ready for it.

HoneyBird

Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2010
Doc's Request.
Jun 2010
AOR Received.
Sep 2010
File Transfer...
Aug 2010
Med's Done....
Jun 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2011
LANDED..........
Feb 2011
No its okay.
I am just shocked that in this day and age people are so racist! thats all...
Worse yet Employees at the Embassy are! and have no problems stating such ALOUD.
It just goes against everything that Canada supposedly stands for!
Its just really ridiculous..

B

boyee6576

Thats exactly what I thought. Why are we being judged? Canada doesnt care about your age difference or if your interracial. So what was her point? We were not going to live in India we were going to live here. We should be judge by Canadian way of life if that is where we are going to live.

thaihubbie

Sep 6, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-12-2010
File Transfer...
29-01-11
Med's Done....
12-11-2010
Passport Req..
29-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2011
I think these examples of outright racism should not be ignored. They are resulting from the Canadian Government’s mismanagement of its embassies overseas. Due to the fact that it’s more cost efficient to hire local workers at embassies overseas the number of actual Canadian officers who are doing interviews, granting visas etc etc are very few. Isn’t this just looking for trouble?? Why are non-Canadians being given the authority to determine if someone can travel or immigrate to Canada?! That is a farce! This itself seems to me highly suspect and leaves applicants very vulnerable to the opinions of potentially under-trained staff. Secondly, who is monitoring for corruption? Who is monitoring whether money is changing hands or just bank account numbers? When my husband applied and was refused a Tourist Visa twice in Bangkok, he was interviewed by a Thai female officer. She was definitely curious about our situation (white Canadian woman-Thai man), she was definitely looking at me up and down I could just feel it. How do I know if she just didn’t like the fact that I was marrying a Thai man and that’s why he never got a visa? Maybe if I had asked for her bank account number we would be in Canada right now….. .