+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Out of status- CBSA visit. Exclusion order..help!!

david_gat88

Jul 4, 2018
I have a friend who was out of status and just recieved PR with no issues
He was never caught during the process
The reason we got involved with CBSA was during the app process we did Canadian fingerprints which we didnt have to do but didn't realize . Through the fingerprints cbsa found hubby and did administrative arrest and exclusion order. So far we have been ok tho. Actually worked out for the best as it put a rush on us to get the app in asap and no more looking over our shoulders
How long has your husband been signing for? I have been going there since March

dcove

Aug 29, 2014
I thought if person is out of status she or he cant file inland . no ?isnt it better yo file outland . hope everything works out for the best

david_gat88

Jul 4, 2018
I thought if person is out of status she or he cant file inland . no ?isnt it better yo file outland . hope everything works out for the best
No!, An out of status person can apply Inland/Outland, processing time and outcome will be the same. There could be some exceptions.

ForeverYou

Star Member
Dec 4, 2018
Toronto
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
20-09-2018
Doc's Request.
28-12-2018
AOR Received.
05-10-2018
Med's Request
24-11-2018
Med's Done....
27-11-2018
Hey Guys,

My husband received an exclusion order in August and had his first meeting on sept 12th. We submitted his PR sponsorship application on Sept 11th. He medical was been approved last week and they started processing his background check. Today he had his PRRA meeting and the officer his pushing him to accept the exclusion order even though he also offered the PRRA. Based on everyones experience jn this forum....i think this was very fast. We are unsure whats the best option. We spend so much time and money on his PR application (we used a consultant). Helppp!!!

Betabr

Mar 21, 2018
Hey Guys,

My husband received an exclusion order in August and had his first meeting on sept 12th. We submitted his PR sponsorship application on Sept 11th. He medical was been approved last week and they started processing his background check. Today he had his PRRA meeting and the officer his pushing him to accept the exclusion order even though he also offered the PRRA. Based on everyones experience jn this forum....i think this was very fast. We are unsure whats the best option. We spend so much time and money on his PR application (we used a consultant). Helppp!!!
Hi. Do you have a lawyer? (Not a consultant)
I dont know what is the best option for you aside of consulting a lawyer.
I know that there is a wave/removal of the exclusion in case the out of status person had sent a sponsorship application when they receive the exclusion order. In your case your husband received it before applying for PR.. I would strongly recommend you to talk to a lawyer. Hope you find the best solution and his PR application finishes soon.

Reactions: ForeverYou

ForeverYou

Star Member
Dec 4, 2018
Toronto
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
20-09-2018
Doc's Request.
28-12-2018
AOR Received.
05-10-2018
Med's Request
24-11-2018
Med's Done....
27-11-2018
Hi. Do you have a lawyer? (Not a consultant)
I dont know what is the best option for you aside of consulting a lawyer.
I know that there is a wave/removal of the exclusion in case the out of status person had sent a sponsorship application when they receive the exclusion order. In your case your husband received it before applying for PR.. I would strongly recommend you to talk to a lawyer. Hope you find the best solution and his PR application finishes soon.
Hi....

Thank you. I will talk to him.

Canadianguy1989

Star Member
Nov 26, 2018
my husband has got a letter of notice to appear for out status interview. We have submitted out sponsorship app in December but still no AOR..so im hoping the CBSA officer is kind and doesn't give exclusion order to my husband.

Missrebel801

Sep 27, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-04-2018
AOR Received.
8-05-2018
Med's Request
03-10-2018
Med's Done....
17-10-2018
Update.
After exclusion order was issued and hubby signing in once a month for 10 months now, we finally got a letter for prra interview for Jan 12.
Sponsorship app has been in since April . Some april applicants seem to be getting AIP but we havent yet . Hubby went to speak to the cbsa officer who came here today and he said if we grt AIP they should wait until a decision has been made or we can ask for deferal since our app was in before this all got processed . That concerns me cuz i always read deferal is only if ur app was in before u were issued exclusion order. Which ours wasnt. It was submitted days after we got it. But took cbsa 10 months to send us letter for interview . Kind a scared and worried now . Praying for aip before the 12th

Betabr

Mar 21, 2018
Update.
After exclusion order was issued and hubby signing in once a month for 10 months now, we finally got a letter for prra interview for Jan 12.
Sponsorship app has been in since April . Some april applicants seem to be getting AIP but we havent yet . Hubby went to speak to the cbsa officer who came here today and he said if we grt AIP they should wait until a decision has been made or we can ask for deferal since our app was in before this all got processed . That concerns me cuz i always read deferal is only if ur app was in before u were issued exclusion order. Which ours wasnt. It was submitted days after we got it. But took cbsa 10 months to send us letter for interview . Kind a scared and worried now . Praying for aip before the 12th
I wish you all the best and I am hoping for you to receive AIP next week.

Betabr

Mar 21, 2018
my husband has got a letter of notice to appear for out status interview. We have submitted out sponsorship app in December but still no AOR..so im hoping the CBSA officer is kind and doesn't give exclusion order to my husband.
I am sorry to hear that. When is the interview? IRCC is still sending AOR to November applicants. I also hope that they are kind to your case.

Canadianguy1989

Star Member
Nov 26, 2018
I am sorry to hear that. When is the interview? IRCC is still sending AOR to November applicants. I also hope that they are kind to your case.
The CBSA out of status interview is set for January 8 2019...The CBSA officer has been very kind us so far, even when the discovered my spouse was here out of status in Canada, there was no arrest, no bond, only monthly reporting and they where very nice to us. We where honest about everything in terms of out of status and provided all information to them.

We will take the proof that we have sent our application in. The good thing is that my spouse has a lot of family in Canada (legal citizens) as well my spouse visited Canada when he was a child. So there is a lot go genuine family ties, history and memories in Canada. Hoping we can overcome this hurdle as a couple. I really feel for couple out their going through the same thing as us.

I know CBSA are not here to keep people, rather they're job quite simply is to send people back to their native countries. My spouse has been reporting to the CBSA since August of 2018. Unfortunately it took us months to gather our file for Inland Sponsorship but it has been sent as of December 2018.

We have been given a lot of misleading information about CBSA interview, We have been told if you do not have AOR, CBSA can provide an exclusion order therefore nullifying the Inland sponsorship and my spouse we would be sent back to his native country.

However I have been also told even no AOR has been received, as long as you can show proof that an application as been sent, The CBSA officer has the option to let you wait for a few more weeks etc.

Not sure how this all will turn out next week, but we are staying and thinking positive, I hope the officer can see we are good people, and a young couple just starting our lives.

Sent inland sponsorship ..............December 6th 2018.
Received by Mississauga Immigration Office ...........December 11 2018.
AOR.....................................................................WAITING

CBSA interview for spouse..................January 8 2019

Reactions: Betabr

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Update.
I can't answer any of your questions but hope it goes well. Good luck.

Reactions: Betabr

Canadianguy1989

Star Member
Nov 26, 2018
Hi.

I sent my application in July 25th 2017, got a call from CBSA on February 20 2018. Went for an interview on February 22 2018.

This is what happened to me.

I also have an exclusion order which will be in effect if they reject my spousal application, they offered me the PRRA in the exact same day, which I didn't fill out as I didn't have any evidence, didn't want to waste any time. The deferral of removal will protect you from being deported as long as your app is in place, so hurry up and send it. So far, I am still waiting for a Decision made on my application, I am almost on my 16th month.

So according to that, their policy is, you are fine while the application is in process. Just follow all the rules, do not miss any day at the CBSA office, if you can't make it, call and explain. You'll be fine. Good luck.

Did you have an AOR before the interview date?

My understanding is that the deferral is only in place if you have a AOR?

I sent my application in for my spouse In land sponsorship December 11 2018. No AOR yet..

And my spouse has a CBSA interview for out of status on January 8th 2019. We only have recipet that says we sent our application in.

Will that suffice for a deferral of removal. ?