+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ottawa Case Processing Centre applicants - Lets connect here.

Rajputkaushal

Star Member
Jul 5, 2020
Punjab, India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-10-2019
Doc's Request.
30-01-2020
Hi All,I am Dec 22 2019 FSW-O (India) Applicant......Me tooo stuck in Criminality and security...... ::(

Primary Office: CPC-Ottawa
Secondary Office: Centralized Intake Office

ASSESSMENTS
Eligibility: Met
Security: Not Started
HIRV:
Criminality: Not Started
Org Crime:
Medical: Passed
Medical Expiry :17 Dec 20
Misrepresentation:
Info Sharing: Complete
Other Reqs: Not Started
Final:
That has been a long time. I pray and hope that your file get faster processing. And its all due to pandemic . Good times will come soon

Reactions: anand.damojipurapu

anand.damojipurapu

Star Member
Nov 17, 2019
I guess it's uncommon to not have background verifications started so late into the process, but things are pretty erratic nowadays. The good thing is at least your eligibility is met which is the toughest nut. The rest will just happen when things start moving hopefully, alongwith the rest of the applications stuck at the VO.
Hmmm......Hopefully
That has been a long time. I pray and hope that your file get faster processing. And its all due to pandemic . Good times will come soon
Thank You Brother....I wish u the same........Ya its due to pandemic....and also i have requested IRCC to add my new born child(DoB: 10 July 2020) to our EE profile in july..... and after submitting all the docs....my kid was included in our profile in September.....( UCI number allotted my kid).....

Reactions: Rajputkaushal

anand.damojipurapu

Star Member
Nov 17, 2019
I guess it's uncommon to not have background verifications started so late into the process, but things are pretty erratic nowadays. The good thing is at least your eligibility is met which is the toughest nut. The rest will just happen when things start moving hopefully, alongwith the rest of the applications stuck at the VO.
Yeah,thats the positive thing i can take from GCMS (Eligibilty has met)...and also i have requested IRCC to add my new born child(DoB: 10 July 2020) to our EE profile in july..... and after submitting all the docs....my kid was included in our profile in September.....( UCI number allotted my kid)...I think everything happens for a reason..now my kid is added to our Profile :) ... Hopefully when thing get back to normal...Our EE application should be approved along with Others.....Hoping for the best and staying positive

Snagh

Star Member
Jul 24, 2020
Yeah,thats the positive thing i can take from GCMS (Eligibilty has met)...and also i have requested IRCC to add my new born child(DoB: 10 July 2020) to our EE profile in july..... and after submitting all the docs....my kid was included in our profile in September.....( UCI number allotted my kid)...I think everything happens for a reason..now my kid is added to our Profile :) ... Hopefully when thing get back to normal...Our EE application should be approved along with Others.....Hoping for the best and staying positive
Oh that's partly good news then. Congrats on becoming a new parent. ATB with your application!

Reactions: anand.damojipurapu

raindropcreature

Feb 25, 2020
Is there a specific reason why applicants from the US are taking much longer than the average processing time?
I'd like to know this too. I'm finally starting to see some movement. Nothing changed between early march and late October as I was stuck in Eligibility Met, Criminality in progress and Security Not Started until a recent IP2 update.

anand.damojipurapu

Star Member
Nov 17, 2019
Just received two emails from IRCC:

"We're still working on your application.
You may not have heard from us in a little while. This is normal. Most of the progress on your application happens closer to your estimated completion date.
We send messages to your account if we need something from you."

Also having problem accessing my account......not able to login....Hope they have started working on our applications...

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon Sir applicants are not receiving COPRS from CPC OTTAWA. Are they working? whats your take on that.

Most offices are closed, and the employees may be working from home or on rotational basis, greatly reducing the operational capabilities of the office and the service standards.

Also Ottawa is classified red zone, so there are restrictions. Further, there has been considerable delay in webform responses, virtually no COPR being issued by CPC-O.

Sid1307

Star Member
Mar 4, 2020
Is there a specific reason why applicants from the US are taking much longer than the average processing time?
I think it’s because a big portion of US applications are processed in Ottawa where things are barely functioning. Other countries have their local visa offices opening up and Outland applications from as late as September from people living in those countries are getting PPRs. Its just an unique situation because one could assume US applicants would be get things done quickly considering the fact that they are just south of the border and there are information sharing agreements in place for quick screening.

Last edited:

nousername2020

Jul 24, 2020
I received reply for the status inquiry. it is vague and it says bcoz of covid officies are working with reduce capacity and my application is in process and they will inform if they need anything or when they make decision. i asked on nov 17 and got reply today. I think that there are very less ppl working in these covid times. I hope that things get better for everyone. I think that there will be long wait

I am curious to know how they are prioritizing which application to work on?

Snagh

Star Member
Jul 24, 2020
I read that they are prioritizing spousal sponsorships and family reunions etc. On top of that, all the PPR requests in the US (those given by non-Ottawa VOs like CIO Sydney, Montreal etc) are further routed to Ottawa for passport stamping and COPRs which would be taking up additional bandwidth, imo. Ottawa has been visibly slow with EE, even delaying inland applications.

Hard to understand the uncoordinated approach by IRCC to have some VOs continue to process applications and getting back to almost normal pace now and have VOs like Ottawa adamantly unresponsive.