27-07-2010
Passport Req..
10-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2011
LANDED..........
21-07-2011
congrats man!
I hope there are more to come this week.

edupolo

Jun 24, 2009
Visa Office......
London (Ottawa)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2007
Doc's Request.
17-02-2010
Med's Request
17-07-2010
Med's Done....
27-07-2010
Passport Req..
10-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2011
LANDED..........
21-07-2011
Thanks SS2CAN for the info on your previous message.
I will wait to see what Ottawa tells me. If not satisfactory, I will then quote from their site to see if they wake up and send a proper response.

ss2can_Oman

Dec 28, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats and Best Wishes Ultimate_Mr_Univ ! May the wind continue blowing good news for all..

Ur welcome edupolo, M+JM. Hope things work out soon.

M+JM

Star Member
Apr 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Madam,
Your file was transferred back to our office in London, UK, for Quality Assurance. Our office in London will contact you once they are ready to proceed

This is the reply we got from Ottawa, which means we are among the unlucky ones whose file went through "quality assurance" and is being double-checked, RE-reviewd. As it took Ottawa at least 3-4 months to review files, imagine now that it is in London....
Yes our file was indeed "ready for visa"....and we should have had a reply/PPR then...

pffff.....hard to bear...
but let's keep hope

Do any of you guys have any info on quality assurance?
MJM

edupolo

Jun 24, 2009
Visa Office......
London (Ottawa)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2007
Doc's Request.
17-02-2010
Med's Request
17-07-2010
Med's Done....
27-07-2010
Passport Req..
10-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2011
LANDED..........
21-07-2011
Hi M+JM,

I really do not understand anything about this whole process. How can they send it back to London... ? and on what grounds?
I am pretty sure that my case will end up back with London too. In a way, I kind of hope so because Ottawa has not been too good to me anyway.
As you know, I sent them an email last Thursday and I am still waiting for their reply. I will let you know once I hear from them.

How did you know what Quality assurance meant? I would have had no idea...

M+JM

Star Member
Apr 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well, as for what quality assurance means, I think we had come up with a few forum threads mentioning the fact that for some cases (taken randomly), they sometimes decide to have the file double-checked by another office (in that case having it double-checked by London to prove and make sure that Ottawa is making a "good" job...). And I think we read on this forum about someone mentioning that quality assurance meant an interview (they wave it but then decide to have it done anyway to prove that they were right in waving it, if this makes any sense).
So anyway, I thought this was supposed to happen for a tiny fraction of the cases, and it happened to ...us!

As for your email, I would not worry too much about the time they take to reply, as for us it meant that at least someone looked into our case, rather than say the usual standard 2 line "we cannot give you etc etc". So hopefully you might have a better clue as to what became of your file.
And I don't think your file will be transferred back to London, no, the unlucky fraction is us :)

Can't believe we'll be the last ones here to get our PPR...we don't even belong to the famous and dear "CPPO group" anymore, so the hopeful replies of you guys will make us even more depressed....To think we should have had our PPR in January if they had not decided to use our case for quality check...

Why wait now to tell us? And only after we enquired. So they were right when they said we should receive an email from London, not Ottawa. That got us quite confused at the time but now it all makes sense..
So when will we be interviewed? How long after that will we get PPR?...
anyway, trying not to think about the future...
Another 6 months wasted for nothing when our file is ready for visa...In the meantime we had planned so much for this summer.

Camerwell

Oct 30, 2010
Hi

Congrats to you Mr Ultimate Universe - great news on your PPR!! Hope you're celebrating!

Can I ask everyone how long it took your ecas status to update since your designated medical practioner sent your meds to CHC? Ours were sent on the 8th Feb and my ecas still only details our application date and AOR received only.

Edupolo - I sincerely hope you get news on your meds and PPR soon.

M&MJ I can't believe your application have been sent to London for quality assurance... Ridiculous! Hopefully it means you will be processed swiftly from London!

Thanks.

edupolo

Jun 24, 2009
Visa Office......
London (Ottawa)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2007
Doc's Request.
17-02-2010
Med's Request
17-07-2010
Med's Done....
27-07-2010
Passport Req..
10-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2011
LANDED..........
21-07-2011
Hello,

Camerwell - My ecas updated 5 months after I sent medicals by adding a line that said 'medicals have been received', that is it! Then 2 weeks ago it disappeared again and have not seen the line since.

M+JM - No reply yet. I feel for you. I would not be so sure about you being the last one to move there. Just to realise how much this waiting affects everything we do... I cannot even upgrade my mobile phone because I need to commit to a 12 month contract, that I could not get out of if I move before then. This is another example of how our lives are on hold.

schwarzeradler

Mar 10, 2010
edupolo said:
Hello,

Camerwell - My ecas updated 5 months after I sent medicals by adding a line that said 'medicals have been received', that is it! Then 2 weeks ago it disappeared again and have not seen the line since.

M+JM - No reply yet. I feel for you. I would not be so sure about you being the last one to move there. Just to realise how much this waiting affects everything we do... I cannot even upgrade my mobile phone because I need to commit to a 12 month contract, that I could not get out of if I move before then. This is another example of how our lives are on hold.
Absolutely "gutting". I am in the same situation. Cannot do this, cannot do that, I am really getting pissed off. Just at the brink of withdrawing my case, believe me. Just waiting to end the 42nd Month of the beginning of their standard processing time to see whether any thing will happen. If not, end this dilemma.

ss2can_Oman

Dec 28, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes... lives are on hold here too....ours and the kids..... they should make it easier, only they treat ppl like a file :eek:

Lina-Ida

Star Member
Jan 14, 2011
HI, M+JM,
I think that London Office should make some kind of rutine random revision regarding files in CPP-O.
To check officially how Ottawa Office is dealing with Pilot Cases.
Expecially due to reason, that Ottawa first time is dealing with such applicants' files.
So each 25-th,or 50-th, or 100-th case has to be sent to London for rutine check-up.
For the moment Ottawa surely did sent not one, but several files to London, (there are 1500 files in CPP-O),
so definitely your file isn't an exception, anybody of us are in the same boat with you.

Nectar

Dec 18, 2010
edupolo said:
Hello,

Dear edupolo,

'Medicals have been received' is good sign for your application.

Nectar

M+JM

Star Member
Apr 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Nectar,
Do you have any idea about what we posted recently, i.e. our "Quality Assurance". Our file was sent back to to London for that purpose. In your experience, do you know how long it takes to get an appointment for interview, if any, and what else we should expect.
Plus, I read on some other threads that some people got their visa stamped on the day of their interview (that was not for London,though), any idea if that could also be the case for us...?
Any help would be very much appreciated!

edupolo

Jun 24, 2009
Visa Office......
London (Ottawa)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2007
Doc's Request.
17-02-2010
Med's Request
17-07-2010
Med's Done....
27-07-2010
Passport Req..
10-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2011
LANDED..........
21-07-2011
Hi Nectar,

The problem is that 'Medicals received' is not on my ecas any more. It was there for a while but then it disappeared again for some magical reason.