+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OTTAWA Case Pilot Office - for 2007 London Applicants only

M+JM

Star Member
Apr 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I cant barely plan a holiday because I need to save my days in case I need to go to Canada to validate my visa, I do not even want to replace my curtains because what would be the point of bringing curtains to Canada and pay for that overweight... It sounds tribial, but I just want to vent out how they really hold the key for all my current decisions, and I still cannot see an end to this!
How we understand you! How could you plan a holiday when you know you might have to be without your passport for two months? IF something breaks or just wears, like your curtains, you don't want to replace them, right? You'll get a new one in Canada... Take the flat we're renting... it was supposed to be for a couple of years so we couldn't be bothered doing too much work in it. We did consider moving, maybe going to spend some time abroad, but thought it would just delay our case and would not be worth it since we'd be moving to Canada soon... Then we though at least let's paint everything, it'll make it look better, even if it's only for 3 months. That was last summer...

And some people here get it a lot worse than us...

Does anyone feel that we're being treated like ~ @ %*? That we should all cancel everything, ask for a refund and go to a place that treats immigrants decently?

kur761: I don't know anything about CAIPS codes but can guess a few: MEDical DECision, FINal DECision... But how about this one: File BF'D To: RET ON 16-11-2012? Whatever RET stands for, a date like this should not even exist!!! What could they be planning to do in about 2 years??? Surely you'll be in Canada for 1 year and 1/2 by then!

schwarzeradler

Mar 10, 2010
M+JM said:
Does anyone feel that we're being treated like ~ @ %*? That we should all cancel everything, ask for a refund and go to a place that treats immigrants decently?
Right now, I mean right now, like the Canadian's will say, that's the way I feel. And believe me, right now that's what I tend to - just cancel everything and continue with my life here in the UK.

kur761: I don't know anything about CAIPS codes but can guess a few: MEDical DECision, FINal DECision... But how about this one: File BF'D To: RET ON 16-11-2012? Whatever RET stands for, a date like this should not even exist!!! What could they be planning to do in about 2 years??? Surely you'll be in Canada for 1 year and 1/2 by then!
Man, agonizing, antagonizing!!!. This date is not something someone would expect to see on a file that is expecting PPR. Horrendous!!!

Lina-Ida

Star Member
Jan 14, 2011
I don t anticipate anything good now.
How much long they will keep PCC-Ottawa applicants in stagnated position?
May be they are planning to delay us further till first half of 2012?
Or even till 11.2012-12.2012?
Why it is written 11.2012 in Mr. Kur file?
Why Mrs. M+JM for 3 times received 3 different answers from PCC-Ottawa?
Most probably, they reconsidered previous plan to finalise Ottawa cases during first half of 2011.
The question is till what time they are planning to delay our cases?
I have a son to be sent to colledge this year, but obviously I have little chance to get visas till summer-autumn.

tahirksa

Star Member
Feb 5, 2011
kur761 said:
Dear all,

I have received my CAIPS notes today. Kindly explain the following which I can not understand:

File BF'D To: RET ON 16-11-2012;

PSDEC 9 15-11-2010
BDEC 0
OREC 0
SELDEC 0
MEDDEC 0
FINDEC 0

Regards,

Dear,
Kindly note that.
PSDEC-----PAPER SECREENING DECISION
BDEC------BACK GROUND DECCISION
SELDEC----SELECTION DECISION
MEDDEC---MEDICAL DECESION
FINDEC----FINAL DECESION

How much it to take reply of CAIPS?

edupolo

Jun 24, 2009
Visa Office......
London (Ottawa)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2007
Doc's Request.
17-02-2010
Med's Request
17-07-2010
Med's Done....
27-07-2010
Passport Req..
10-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2011
LANDED..........
21-07-2011
Hi M+JM,
I think we are living parallel lives, because we are also renting in London instead of buying a proper place thinking that this was going to be a 2 year thing maybe. So, the only thing we have done is paint the apartment to make it cosier, as I do not want to spend too much money on thing I am not even going to use anywhere else.

We are considering buying something to invest, but I am sure that as soon as I sign the papers is when I will get the PPR, so typical. So I will be in 'status quo' for the time being.

I can't complain about life in London, but we want to go to Canada to be closer to our relatives in NY state without having to endure the American way of life. Plus we want a big house near nature.

ahmadtajwer

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2009
Aurora
Now as we have started, let me mention mine, we are also living in a rented flat and after medicals, we haven't done any major shopping of cloths/household stuff etc thinking that it might be today or tomorrow, always the case, isn't it? rightly said by edupolo "typical one". Anyways best of luck to everyone.

M+JM

Star Member
Apr 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OK then, let's all make an important acquisition/change, like buy a car, a house or plan a big holiday for next month! Hopefully it will get things moving... ;)
Yeah, life in London...if only we had this much. Fields with sheep, other sheep and then a village with lots of farmers, that's what we have (not that I have anything against farmers ;)) but after 6 years it does get long...
Anyway good luck to all of us!

PS: beginning to look for a new car...

ultimate_mr_universe

Jan 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
sept 2007
Doc's Request.
march 2010
File Transfer...
CPP-O, June 2010
Med's Request
SEPT-2010
Med's Done....
SEPT-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
23-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-05-2011
Hi guys!..I believe we all should stick to 10 months time frame given to us and hope that at least 80% of us are going to finalise in this period. I feel that actually they don't want us to contact them asking for the status of our application and thats why whoever contacts them, they all get weired answers.

ahmadtajwer

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2009
Aurora
ultimate_mr_universe said:
Hi guys!..I believe we all should stick to 10 months time frame given to us and hope that at least 80% of us are going to finalise in this period. I feel that actually they don't want us to contact them asking for the status of our application and thats why whoever contacts them, they all get weired answers.
If you've following the thread then you would realise some of us are over with 10 months time frame and contacted them after the finish of 10 months time period given by them especially in case of M+JM.

ahmadtajwer

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2009
Aurora
kur761 said:
Dear all,

I have received my CAIPS notes today. Kindly explain the following which I can not understand:

PSDEC 9 15-11-2010
BDEC 0
OREC 0
SELDEC 0
MEDDEC 0
FINDEC 0

Regards,
PSDEC is Paper Screening Decision, I don't know why it's 9, coz if i's 0 then they havent started processing your app. or 1,2 for acceptance or refusal.

BDEC is Security Decision, e.g. Background Check decision, 0 means that they aren't done with it yet.
OREC : Other Requirement, like additional docs which they haven't asked for at the moment i guess.
SELDEC : Selection DECision, which is 0, it'll be 1 if they have to call for interview, but at the moment it looks that your file hasn't reached o that stage.
MEDDEC : MEDical DECision : again 0 means nothing.
FINDEC : FINal DECision : 0

File BF'D To: RET ON 16-11-2012; is File Bring Forward Date : they have given the final date to finalise the file, InshaAllah your file file will be finalised way before it, i guess this is the date VO put on files to remind themselves that they have to finalise the case by that date but they do put quite alot BF'Ds before this date which means chances are bright that file will be processed before that BF'D.

I don't know what RET is !!! ???

schwarzeradler

Mar 10, 2010
ahmadtajwer said:
PSDEC is Paper Screening Decision, I don't know why it's 9, coz if i's 0 then they havent started processing your app. or 1,2 for acceptance or refusal.

BDEC is Security Decision, e.g. Background Check decision, 0 means that they aren't done with it yet.
OREC : Other Requirement, like additional docs which they haven't asked for at the moment i guess.
SELDEC : Selection DECision, which is 0, it'll be 1 if they have to call for interview, but at the moment it looks that your file hasn't reached o that stage.
MEDDEC : MEDical DECision : again 0 means nothing.
FINDEC : FINal DECision : 0

File BF'D To: RET ON 16-11-2012; is File Bring Forward Date : they have given the final date to finalise the file, InshaAllah your file file will be finalised way before it, i guess this is the date VO put on files to remind themselves that they have to finalise the case by that date but they do put quite alot BF'Ds before this date which means chances are bright that file will be processed before that BF'D.

Could it be that the date 16-11-2012 is = or < the 48Months mentioned in the OP's AOR. If yes, then I think it is understandable

I don't know what RET is !!! ???

Most likely the initials of the IO.

M+JM

Star Member
Apr 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Could it be that the date 16-11-2012 is = or < the 48Months mentioned in the OP's AOR. If yes, then I think it is understandable
I think kur761 has applied in September 2007, in that case 48 months (4 years) would be September 2011, so I can't explain the 16-11-2010. Why give a date that is way over their normal timeline?

Nectar

Dec 18, 2010
kur761 said:
Dear all,

PSDEC 9 15-11-2010
BDEC 0
OREC 0
SELDEC 0
MEDDEC 0
FINDEC 0

Regards,
Dear Kur 761,

CHC London is about to roll over records from CAIPS to GCMS so it may be the case no information in CAIPS nowadays.

The much clearer information will be available by April 2011.

Nectar

haral

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There are people like me who's eCAS have'nt been effected so one assumption can be that all uneffected applicants will be processed in in CAIPS?

Nectar said:
Dear Kur 761,

CHC London is about to roll over records from CAIPS to GCMS so it may be the case no information in CAIPS nowadays.

The much clearer information will be available by April 2011.

Nectar