Original marriage certificate

abasoufiane

Star Member
Nov 29, 2016
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
16-06-2017
So should you scan the original PLUS a certified copy of the original, or would the original be enough ?

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
Hello everyone,

Some gentleman pointed out that his application got rejected because he didn't upload an original copy of his marriage certificate, this got me worried, my marriage certificate is also stating that it's a certified copy, it's colored, ratified with stamps and signatures from all possible entities: court, ministry of justice and ministry of foreign affairs, would this be a problem to them?

I'm from Syria and you know that it's almost impossible to go back there to do anything, not to mention that I won't get an original copy, only a certified true copy.

Please help.

Thanks.
I've misplaced my original marriage certificate.

For my OINP application, I uploaded a "true copy" issued, stamped and signed by the same government authority that had given me the original.

I think you should be fine because you've a valid explanation for the missing original. Also, all the stamps and signatures will lend credibility to your certified copy. Good luck.

ReenaArora

Oct 20, 2018
Hello everyone,

Some gentleman pointed out that his application got rejected because he didn't upload an original copy of his marriage certificate, this got me worried, my marriage certificate is also stating that it's a certified copy, it's colored, ratified with stamps and signatures from all possible entities: court, ministry of justice and ministry of foreign affairs, would this be a problem to them?

I'm from Syria and you know that it's almost impossible to go back there to do anything, not to mention that I won't get an original copy, only a certified true copy.

Please help.

Thanks.
Im in a similar situation today. Lost my marriage certificate and requested for a copy (certified true copy) from the same office. Was wondering if IRCC accepted the copy you submitted or not? Appreciate your response it will really help. Thanks!

pathan19

Star Member
Mar 16, 2020
My application got straight away cancelled because I only submitted my marriage affidavit. I did not submit my urdu marriage certificate. Now I am going to get it translated and submit both of them. Also, I will be submitting my passport along with my spouse passport as we have each other name in the spouse section and my kids passport (name of father and mother mentioned in passport ) for a strong case. As we have our name on each of our passport. Is there anyone who have got more input on this ?