Med's Done....
**-03-2011
Interview........
11-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2011
LANDED..........
29-10-2011
Please does anyone know the best route to go for ordering CAIP notes to assist in preparing for interview with the VO. My husband was called for an interview at a VO abroad but I am quite confused as to the process for getting those CAIP notes. I am in Canada, I understood I can apply under the Privacy Act. But then I read somewhere that because it is information on my husband's PR application and interview - and not mine -, I should not apply under this Act. And I would need my husband to complete a consent letter?
Is this not ONE application, ie sponsorship and PR application? Why should it be a hassle to get info on this? ???

Please has anyone on here actually applied for these CAIP notes from within canada to prepare for spouse's/partner's interview in a VO abroad.

How did U successfully apply for and receive these notes please?
Also, which forms exactly did U complete?
Did U need a letter of consent from spouse?
Did spouse have to sign any of the CAIP notes application forms?
How did U receive the notes? (email, mail, fax, etc)

Thanks!

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please download the form and read the instructions.

spicymum said:
Please has anyone on here actually applied for these CAIP notes from within canada to prepare for spouse's/partner's interview in a VO abroad.

Many people have done this.

How did U successfully apply for and receive these notes please?

Download the form and read the instructions.

Also, which forms exactly did U complete?

See the link provided in my previous post.

Did U need a letter of consent from spouse?
See section on "Companies providing CAIPS ordering services" and http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/release-info.asp.

Did spouse have to sign any of the CAIP notes application forms?
See http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/release-info.asp

How did U receive the notes? (email, mail, fax, etc)
If the notes are over 25 pages, by post, you can ask for email.

Thanks!

aquaCAN

Jul 25, 2011
hi

i ordered for caips notes nearly one and a half month back and i received it in email four days back !!

thanks

spicymum

Jun 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sponsorship - Mississauga; PR Application - Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Med's Done....
**-03-2011
Interview........
11-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2011
LANDED..........
29-10-2011
aquaCAN said:
hi

i ordered for caips notes nearly one and a half month back and i received it in email four days back !!

thanks
It took that long to get to U!? Really? OMG! That's is quite discouraging. I had better send our application off in the morning unfailingly cos we need it back b4 October 11. And I had thought that requesting to receive them via email would make it get to us faster.
Just out of curiosity, were the notes useful for the purpose U needed them, pls? (was that in relation to an interview?) ::)

cleo

Star Member
Mar 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2011
AOR Received.
23-03-2011
File Transfer...
08-04-2011
Med's Done....
11-05-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-09-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2011
LANDED..........
09-11-2011
aquaCAN said:
hi

thanks
spicymum said:
It took that long to get to U!? Really? OMG! That's is quite discouraging. I had better send our application off in the morning unfailingly cos we need it back b4 October 11. And I had thought that requesting to receive them via email would make it get to us faster.
Just out of curiosity, were the notes useful for the purpose U needed them, pls? (was that in relation to an interview?) ::)
I think you misunderstand. They ordered the notes 1 1/2 months ago. It didn't take that long, only 4 days.

spicymum

Jun 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Med's Done....
**-03-2011
Interview........
11-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2011
LANDED..........
29-10-2011
cleo said:
I think you misunderstand. They ordered the notes 1 1/2 months ago. It didn't take that long, only 4 days.
Ooo. My bad.
Did U apply for notes on Ur spouse's/partner's application and did U pay the $5 pls?

aquaCAN

Jul 25, 2011
Well I ordered the notes on jun 26 th 2011 , they processed the order on the same day and finally i received an email on 4th of Aug ,2011 from them providing a link to download the Caips notes from their website with a password secured number !! They confirmed that due to heavy requests they are unable to fulfill requests of fax/email deliveries of the file !

So you can calculate the delay !! however the notes wasn't that informative if read by a lay man cuz it has specific codes . They also provide a kit for understanding the codes ,so I eventually forwarded to a lawyer friend to go through it and let us know if he can figure out any specific point on the reason being called for the interview and bla ...bla..

As for you I guess they might send you the link as well , keep your fingers crossed :)

Thanks !

spicymum

Jun 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Med's Done....
**-03-2011
Interview........
11-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2011
LANDED..........
29-10-2011
aquaCAN said:
Well I ordered the notes on jun 26 th 2011 , they processed the order on the same day and finally i received an email on 4th of Aug ,2011 from them providing a link to download the Caips notes from their website with a password secured number !! They confirmed that due to heavy requests they are unable to fulfill requests of fax/email deliveries of the file !

So you can calculate the delay !! however the notes wasn't that informative if read by a lay man cuz it has specific codes . They also provide a kit for understanding the codes ,so I eventually forwarded to a lawyer friend to go through it and let us know if he can figure out any specific point on the reason being called for the interview and bla ...bla..

As for you I guess they might send you the link as well , keep your fingers crossed :)

Thanks !
Thanks. So yes, there was that delay.
Well, I believe the notes should get to me before October 11th. They had better or CIC will cough up my $5. lol
Thanks guys!