+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open Work Permit Apply - Spousal sponsorship outland

krallapalli

Aug 18, 2020
Hello All.

Trying to find out the options available to apply for Open work permit for my spouse in the case of Outland Spousal sponsorship.

Does any province's provide the option to sponsor for work permit in this case ...like Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, New Brunswick and newfoundland and labrador ?

Thanks in advance for the help!

arpitaggarwal89

Feb 20, 2019
Chicago
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
30-12-2020
I have applied for Outland Spousal PR application.
I understand that Open work permit is not allowed from outside of Canada.
But can I go to Canada on Tourist Visa and then apply for Open work permit from within Canada which can be linked to Outland spousal PR application?

bian07

May 19, 2017
I have applied for Outland Spousal PR application.
I understand that Open work permit is not allowed from outside of Canada.
But can I go to Canada on Tourist Visa and then apply for Open work permit from within Canada which can be linked to Outland spousal PR application?
no, you can only apply for an open work permit if you'd apply for the inland sponsorship.

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
The canadian website says once you have the AOR from your application, you apply for a visitor visa, then you can apply for an open work permit once in Canada or at the port of entry. So are you certain about this? Because I’ve also been trying to find clarification.
You are replying to a 3+ years old post. Currently you can apply for owp for an outland applicant once in Canada. You can do it online only.

Reactions: YVR123