+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OOPNP / OINP proof of funds documentation

CWilson

Star Member
May 5, 2015
Hi all, would appreciate some quick advice as I'd like to get my OINP application sent soon.

The form I'm filling in says the following regarding proof of funds:

V. Settlement Funds *
Provide proof of unencumbered and readily transferable funds in a convertible currency available for settlement in Ontario:
Current bank certification letter; or
Evidence of savings balance; or
Fixed or time deposit statements.

and the guide says:

Bank account outside of Canada
If you do not have a personal bank account in Canada, you must provide six
months of original up-to-date bank statements from a recognized financial
institution. The bank statements must:
 Demonstrate a personal account standing / final balance that meets or
exceeds the LICO; AND
 Include the following details:
o Your name;
o Account number;
o Transit and institution number;
o Account balance; and
o Currency.

My issue is that I don't receive paper statements from my bank for my current account (For some reason I still do for my savings account) so I don't know what to supply.

What I currently have are printed copies of my statements that I downloaded from my banks online banking site. I also have statements that I got from the local branch which they printed out for me. Both of these things have all the required details on them and show the correct amount (it's split across my savings and current account). I'm a little nervous because they're not original bank statements sent to me in the post.

In the UK online banking is the norm and most people don't get statements posted. Also, if people are submitting originals for OOPNP they would not have them for ITA... Although it doesn't directly effect me I'm wondering how this works.

Thanks for any help.

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
CWilson said:
Hi all, would appreciate some quick advice as I'd like to get my OINP application sent soon.

The form I'm filling in says the following regarding proof of funds:

V. Settlement Funds *
Provide proof of unencumbered and readily transferable funds in a convertible currency available for settlement in Ontario:
Current bank certification letter; or
Evidence of savings balance; or
Fixed or time deposit statements.

and the guide says:

Bank account outside of Canada
If you do not have a personal bank account in Canada, you must provide six
months of original up-to-date bank statements from a recognized financial
institution. The bank statements must:
 Demonstrate a personal account standing / final balance that meets or
exceeds the LICO; AND
 Include the following details:
o Your name;
o Account number;
o Transit and institution number;
o Account balance; and
o Currency.

My issue is that I don't receive paper statements from my bank for my current account (For some reason I still do for my savings account) so I don't know what to supply.

What I currently have are printed copies of my statements that I downloaded from my banks online banking site. I also have statements that I got from the local branch which they printed out for me. Both of these things have all the required details on them and show the correct amount (it's split across my savings and current account). I'm a little nervous because they're not original bank statements sent to me in the post.

In the UK online banking is the norm and most people don't get statements posted. Also, if people are submitting originals for OOPNP they would not have them for ITA... Although it doesn't directly effect me I'm wondering how this works.

Thanks for any help.
You have to get your bank statement on official letter head of bank which should be signed and stamped and you have to submit the original statement that you've got with your OOPNP applocation.

There's no oher way around.

CWilson

Star Member
May 5, 2015
There's no mention of anything being signed and stamped on either the form or the guide. Maybe OINP is different to POF for ITA.

I could get the documents certified by my solicitor. Is that worth doing?

chad_80

Star Member
Aug 25, 2014
Mississauga, ON
NOC Code......
CWilson said:
There's no mention of anything being signed and stamped on either the form or the guide. Maybe OINP is different to POF for ITA.

I could get the documents certified by my solicitor. Is that worth doing?
It has to be on bank letter head with your name, bank name, currency. Stamped and signed by bank.

Cofca

Star Member
Sep 11, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
23-06-2016
Hi there,

I need some help urgently,

Exactly which form do I need to download to complete the OOINP Express Entry application. In their application guide, the mention 'Nominee Application Form' but on downloading the form, I see two options only (applying as an Internatyional Student and as a Foreign Worker). I also see a must-fill box titled 'Pre-screen File Number'.. I dont think I have this number since I am on Express Entry.

I know this is an advanced board but I am more likely to get help here than in any other board. Have I downloaded the wrong form?? Help please!!!!

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
I submitted 6 months of printed statements from online banking but also included an original bank certificate with bank letterhead, stamp, and signature. Got AOR.

CWilson

Star Member
May 5, 2015
Thanks for you replies guys. I've now got original statements sent from the bank on proper bank letterhead. I asked the bank about getting them certified, stamped etc and they say they won't do it. They say the home office has told them that the information on the printed documents is sufficient and their policy is never to stamp or sign customer statements.

This is in the UK, Natwest bank. Pretty big bank here in the UK so hopefully Ontario immigration will be happy with the statements.

Like I say, there is no mention at all of needing stamped or signed bank statements in the guide or on the form. They both seem pretty thorough in other respects so I'd be surprised if they insist on needing something they've not asked for.

I'll update this once I know the outcome, so at least others will know for sure.

CWilson

Star Member
May 5, 2015
I'm going to phone the Ontario immigration office later today so I will update with whatever answer I get.

CWilson

Star Member
May 5, 2015
Just for anyone else's information. I just spoke to the Ontario Immigration office on the phone and they said you don't need bank statements to be signed or stamped for proof of funds. Note this is just of the Ontario Nomination application, I don't know what the situation is for ITA.

CWilson

Star Member
May 5, 2015
Cofca said:
Hi there,

I need some help urgently,

Exactly which form do I need to download to complete the OOINP Express Entry application. In their application guide, the mention 'Nominee Application Form' but on downloading the form, I see two options only (applying as an Internatyional Student and as a Foreign Worker). I also see a must-fill box titled 'Pre-screen File Number'.. I dont think I have this number since I am on Express Entry.

I know this is an advanced board but I am more likely to get help here than in any other board. Have I downloaded the wrong form?? Help please!!!!
You need the form downloaded from this page: http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNP_EE_CAPITAL_HOW.html

Ufa6174

Sep 27, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CWilson said:
Just for anyone else's information. I just spoke to the Ontario Immigration office on the phone and they said you don't need bank statements to be signed or stamped for proof of funds. Note this is just of the Ontario Nomination application, I don't know what the situation is for ITA.
I'm completely with you. No where it says in POF for ITA that bank statements need to be signed/stamped. UK banks just do not do that. My plan is to request 6 month statements from my bank (Santander) and receive them by post, then scan those and upload to the application. Please do keep us updated with what happens, though I'm very certain that you'll be fine.

Anya654

May 13, 2015
United Kingdom
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ufa6174 said:
I'm completely with you. No where it says in POF for ITA that bank statements need to be signed/stamped. UK banks just do not do that. My plan is to request 6 month statements from my bank (Santander) and receive them by post, then scan those and upload to the application. Please do keep us updated with what happens, though I'm very certain that you'll be fine.
If you request your statements by post then no need to stamp them but if you print them online yourself then you definitely need to stamp them. My bank is in the UK ie Lloyds bank and they stamped the state for me without hesitation. Furthermore, didn't you see the person on this forum that got rejected for using online bank statements? He just printed them off by himself and scanned them.

Ufa6174

Sep 27, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anya654 said:
If you request your statements by post then no need to stamp them but if you print them online yourself then you definitely need to stamp them. My bank is in the UK ie Lloyds bank and they stamped the state for me without hesitation. Furthermore, didn't you see the person on this forum that got rejected for using online bank statements? He just printed them off by himself and scanned them.
I agree with you. If you're printing online bank statements, then getting them stamped/authenticated is vital. However, official bank statements received by post do not need further authentication.

In your case, did Lloyds stamp your official bank statements or were they online statements as well?

blackbeast

Star Member
Jul 18, 2014
hey guys,

i am planning to show the complete proof of funds as a fixed deposit. Is it ok? what other documents are required to be shown apart from the Fixed deposit statement issued by the bank?

thanks!!

robins.scaria

Oct 5, 2015
hi all,
just got my nomination from Ontario.
And we had another child added to the family too!!
our initial Pof is just a small amount short of what is needed for a 4 member household.
Now my question is what should I show as proof of funds?will a statement from my savings account in addition to the fixed deposit document furnished do?

thanks
robins