rajanvnv

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
robins.scaria said:
hi all,
just got my nomination from Ontario.
And we had another child added to the family too!!
our initial Pof is just a small amount short of what is needed for a 4 member household.
Now my question is what should I show as proof of funds?will a statement from my savings account in addition to the fixed deposit document furnished do?
thanks
robins
I believe you are outside of Canada and hence you will be required to show proof of funds required for 4 ppl family ($22,170 CAD equivalent). You can try to get a letter from the Bank with your name, address, Date of opening account, current balance and average balance in account for 1 year (to show that you have recently added funs to your account). FD document would also work.

Uangel

Star Member
Dec 12, 2014
Visa Office......
OOPNP
NOC Code......
robins.scaria said:
hi all,
just got my nomination from Ontario.
And we had another child added to the family too!!
our initial Pof is just a small amount short of what is needed for a 4 member household.
Now my question is what should I show as proof of funds?will a statement from my savings account in addition to the fixed deposit document furnished do?

thanks
robins
hi! congratulations! could you please share your timeline? You can also enter it here, it will help the waiting applicants.

here are the FSW requirements for PoF See section 15

CWilson

Star Member
May 5, 2015
Ufa6174 said:
I'm completely with you. No where it says in POF for ITA that bank statements need to be signed/stamped. UK banks just do not do that. My plan is to request 6 month statements from my bank (Santander) and receive them by post, then scan those and upload to the application. Please do keep us updated with what happens, though I'm very certain that you'll be fine.
Note you need original documents. So you can't scan documents from the bank, print them and send that. You must send the originals.

Ufa6174

Sep 27, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CWilson said:
Note you need original documents. So you can't scan documents from the bank, print them and send that. You must send the originals.
I'm not applying for PNP.

As far as EE/ ITA is concerned, I understand that no documents need to be physically sent anywhere. I'll be scanning the original statements I receive from the bank, and uploading them to my application. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

shashidhar_sm

May 21, 2015
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
07-07-2017
If my father wishes to gift me money (completely mine, and with a notarised letter stating so), would Ontario accept it? EE seems to be ok with it, but am not sure about Ontario's PNP - any idea?

heeru_maan

May 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ufa6174 said:

As far as EE/ ITA is concerned, I understand that no documents need to be physically sent anywhere. I'll be scanning the original statements I receive from the bank, and uploading them to my application. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Should be fine.

heeru_maan

May 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shashidhar_sm said:
If my father wishes to gift me money (completely mine, and with a notarised letter stating so), would Ontario accept it? EE seems to be ok with it, but am not sure about Ontario's PNP - any idea?
OINP is ok with that.

Tarun401

Star Member
Aug 16, 2015
United Kingdom
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am principal applicant and my wife is dependent in my application. I have funds split in my and my wife's account. Is OOPNP on with it or they expecting all the POF from principal applicant's account.?

shashidhar_sm

May 21, 2015
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
07-07-2017
heeru_maan said:
OINP is ok with that.
Thanks, heeru_maan, that was helpful.

I see that your NOC is 2171. So is mine - At the moment EE is not NOC specific, but is there some information on how many 2171 folks were issued PTs by the provinces, and Ontario in particular?

CWilson

Star Member
May 5, 2015
Ufa6174 said:

Yes you might be right. I was talking about PNP. I've not got as far as ITA yet so I don't know.

heeru_maan

May 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shashidhar_sm said:
Thanks, heeru_maan, that was helpful.

I see that your NOC is 2171. So is mine - At the moment EE is not NOC specific, but is there some information on how many 2171 folks were issued PTs by the provinces, and Ontario in particular?
Not that I know of unfortunately..

heeru_maan

May 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tarun401 said:
I am principal applicant and my wife is dependent in my application. I have funds split in my and my wife's account. Is OOPNP on with it or they expecting all the POF from principal applicant's account.?
You will need a signed affidavit from your wife stating that she has no qualms about the funds being used for moving to and living in Canada.

valsanail

Nov 17, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2016
Doc's Request.
No additional documents request since AOR
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Passport Req..
30-08-2016
LANDED..........
14-10-2016
Hi dear all,
Please could someone help me clarify an issue regarding the proof of funds particularly for OINP application? We have funds required for a family of 3, put on my spouse's bank account for the last 6-7 months. We know that FSW requires that funds can be both on principal applicant's or the spouse's account. However seems that OINP is more strict in this aspect. We contacted her bank and they told that they cannot make a joint account, however suggested to make a letter of authority from her to me, thus I can use the funds with the equal rights. Please, tell me could this work? The reason why we don't want to transfer the money from her account to another one with my name is this - in case we get an ITA in upcoming future (1-2 months) we will not able to use for CIC neither her account (with appropriate 6 months history but without any balance) , nor mine (with the required balance, but without any statement history). Please suggest something... P.s. she is accompanying family member.

cococly

Aug 3, 2015
Category........
PNP
Doc's Request.
28-FEB-2017
Nomination.....
07-DEC-2016
AOR Received.
18-JAN-2017
Med's Done....
24-DEC-2016
Passport Req..
06-JUN-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-JUN-2017
LANDED..........
00-JUL-2017
Hello Guys,

I am applying ONIP as an outland applicant. I used to live in Canada for years, so I have a local Canadian Bank account. And I have met the "settlement fund" requrinment on my Canadian Bank account alone.

I noticed that most of these posts have said that the bank statements/ bank letter shall be stamped by the bank.

The Canadian Bank that I am using doesn't operate in the country that I am currently residing.

How am I supposed to get "stamped/signed" original paper bank statements? Do I have to travel to Canada for once, just to get thsoe paperworks?

I have already submitted my ONIP application package, and then I have only printed out "e-statements" of the last 6 months from my Canadian Bank Account. <- Is this not enough?

Mechanical Engg

Star Member
Sep 9, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 15,2017
Nomination.....
Dec 16,2016
AOR Received.
Mar 15,2017
I have received PT from OINP.My wife is a principal applicant.
I started collecting documents.
We are 3 members, so approx. Rs9,50000/- funds we have to show.
1.Firstly, I have 1,00,000 in my previos employer PF account & my wife has around Rs50,000/- in her current employer PF account.So we will attach PF statement
2. Sexondly, my mother younger brother is transfering me Rs 8,00,000/- in my account & once I ll receive that money I ll convert that amount into FD.

So, my question is this that can I show PF as a fund & secondly if I am showing fresh FD then there is a need to show bank statement or not bcz I am showing FD.Actually If I ll show bank statement then there is a possibilty that they can question me about Rs8,00,000.
Plz guide me.