+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OOPNP/OINP nominated and ITA/AoR received - Let us connect here for further step

vivekskumar8544

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-10-2015
Nomination.....
27-09-2016
AOR Received.
08-11-2016
Med's Done....
10-11-2016
Passport Req..
03-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2017
Hi All,

I have an FD which is 3 months old and the FD is for a period of 1 Year. This will be my POF. What are the documents i need to submit for this? As per my understanding i need to submit the FD slip and the Bank letter (What should be the content in the bank letter?)

Do i need to show source for this Fund?
Do i need to show 6 month statement of any SB accounts along with this FD?

Also i dont have Birth certificate, and i have applied for the same. But it will take another one month and my Ontario Invitation will expire soon. What documents should be submitted for this?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
vivekskumar8544 said:
Hi All,

I have an FD which is 3 months old and the FD is for a period of 1 Year. This will be my POF. What are the documents i need to submit for this? As per my understanding i need to submit the FD slip and the Bank letter (What should be the content in the bank letter?)

Do i need to show source for this Fund?
Do i need to show 6 month statement of any SB accounts along with this FD?

Also i dont have Birth certificate, and i have applied for the same. But it will take another one month and my Ontario Invitation will expire soon. What documents should be submitted for this?
1) Your FD receipt issued by the bank and the bank letter will suffice. You do NOT have to attach statements. You do NOT have to show source of funds.

2) You can include a letter that says you do not have a birth certificate and you have applied for one and you will be receiving it in approx. 1 month. Please attach proof to claim you have actually applied for a birth certificate.

vivekskumar8544

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-10-2015
Nomination.....
27-09-2016
AOR Received.
08-11-2016
Med's Done....
10-11-2016
Passport Req..
03-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2017
rajkamalmohanram said:
1) Your FD receipt issued by the bank and the bank letter will suffice. You do NOT have to attach statements.

2) You can include a letter that says you do not have a birth certificate and you have applied for one and you will be receiving it in approx. 1 month. Please attach proof to claim you have actually applied for a birth certificate.

Thanks for the quick reply rajkamalmohanram.

One more query. As i said my FD is only 3 months old, doesnt they require 6 months of proof?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
vivekskumar8544 said:

One more query. As i said my FD is only 3 months old, doesnt they require 6 months of proof?
Mine is also 3 months old. I have submitted the same.

They usually don't ask source. I have never ever heard of an rejection from Ontario on the grounds of POF.

So, I suggest you to stop worrying and go ahead with the application :) .

Good luck!

cyronn

Aug 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2016
AOR Received.
22-01-2016
Passport Req..
26-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-03-2016
vivekskumar8544 said:

They would. But since yours is less than 6 months, you should submit details on source of funds for your FD, to prove they weren't borrowed and you'll be fine.

vivekskumar8544

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-10-2015
Nomination.....
27-09-2016
AOR Received.
08-11-2016
Med's Done....
10-11-2016
Passport Req..
03-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2017
rajkamalmohanram said:
Mine is also 3 months old. I have submitted the same.

They usually don't ask source. I have never ever heard of an rejection from Ontario on the grounds of POF.

So, I suggest you to stop worrying and go ahead with the application :) .

Good luck!
Have u got nomination from Ontario by submitting the POF as 3 month FD?

vivekskumar8544

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-10-2015
Nomination.....
27-09-2016
AOR Received.
08-11-2016
Med's Done....
10-11-2016
Passport Req..
03-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2017
cyronn said:
They would. But since yours is less than 6 months, you should submit details on source of funds for your FD, to prove they weren't borrowed and you'll be fine.
But the FD is for a 1 year term, that wont be sufficient?

If i show that my father is giving it as a gift to me with supporting documents, do i have to show my father's fund source or just the transaction detail is enough? He doesnt have PAN and not an income tax payee.

cyronn

Aug 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2016
AOR Received.
22-01-2016
Passport Req..
26-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-03-2016
vivekskumar8544 said:
But the FD is for a 1 year term, that wont be sufficient?

If i show that my father is giving it as a gift to me with supporting documents, do i have to show my father's fund source or just the transaction detail is enough? He doesnt have PAN and not an income tax payee.
The ans to your first question is No.

Haven't come across a case of CIC asking for donor's proof of funds. If the funds being gifted by your father are unencumbered then this should be fine. However make sure you don't transfer your money to your father and have him gift it back. That's clear misrepresentation and I would expect CIC will be able to figure it out.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
cyronn said:
Well, I respectfully disagree. They do NOT ask for source of funds. At least not Ontario.

But if you want to tell them it was a gift, then you might want to attach the following :

1) Proof of transaction (Photocopy of the check will work)
2) Proof of credit in your account (You bank statement highlighting the transaction)
3) Proof of debit from your sponsor's account (Again, bank statement highlighting the transaction)
4) Affidavit of gift from sponsor.

vivekskumar8544

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-10-2015
Nomination.....
27-09-2016
AOR Received.
08-11-2016
Med's Done....
10-11-2016
Passport Req..
03-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2017
cyronn said:

Haven't come across a case of CIC asking for donor's proof of funds. If the funds being gifted by your father are unencumbered then this should be fine. However make sure you don't transfer your money to your father and have him gift it back. That's clear misrepresentation and I would expect CIC will be able to figure it out.
From my fathers account i will be showing only the transaction made towards my account. Then how they will be able to find out, from where the money came to his account?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
cyronn said:

Well, again, I respectfully disagree.

Term deposits work well. Even my Fixed Deposit is for 1 year and 3 months have passed.

Gifts, as such, are acceptable and can come in at any time. If you want to tell them it is a gift, please read my previous post in this very same topic.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
vivekskumar8544 said:
From my fathers account i will be showing only the transaction made towards my account. Then how they will be able to find out, from where the money came to his account?
We are not investigating a money laundering case here :) :) . If you have got a gift, it is sufficient if you can show the proof of debit from donor's account and proof of credit into your account. How the donor got the money is completely irrelevant. What matters is how you got the money.

vivekskumar8544

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-10-2015
Nomination.....
27-09-2016
AOR Received.
08-11-2016
Med's Done....
10-11-2016
Passport Req..
03-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2017
rajkamalmohanram said:
Well, I respectfully disagree. They do NOT ask for source of funds. At least not Ontario.

But if you want to tell them it was a gift, then you might want to attach the following :

1) Proof of transaction (Photocopy of the check will work)
2) Proof of credit in your account (You bank statement highlighting the transaction)
3) Proof of debit from your sponsor's account (Again, bank statement highlighting the transaction)
4) Affidavit of gift from sponsor.
But as of now the fund is in my account, i need to transfer it to my father's account and then from there need to get it as a gift. But cyronn says, they will be able to find it out.

have u got the nomination after submitting the 3 month old FD. Haven't they asked u for source?

If ontario doesn't ask for source then i think there wont be any problem because, now the FD is 3 months old. When i get the nomination, it will be another 2-3 months and then i need to get the ITA and 60 days time to apply to CIC. So it will atleast become 7-8 months old FD.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
vivekskumar8544 said:
But as of now the fund is in my account, i need to transfer it to my father's account and then from there need to get it as a gift. But cyronn says, they will be able to find it out.

have u got the nomination after submitting the 3 month old FD. Haven't they asked u for source?

If ontario doesn't ask for source then i think there wont be any problem because, now the FD is 3 months old. When i get the nomination, it will be another 2-3 months and then i need to get the ITA and 60 days time to apply to CIC. So it will atleast become 7-8 months old FD.
He is very correct in saying that because if you transfer the funds from YOUR account to your father's account and your father transfers it back, it would be very evident. The statements will show this. Do not do this, it is a BIG mistake.

If your father is giving you a gift, it must be transferred from his account. It is not a gift if you transfer the amount to your father and he transfers it back to you. That would be clear misrepresentation.

No, I have not got my nomination yet. Long way to go. They received my application on November 5th and they will not even touch it till Feb 2016.

cyronn

Aug 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2016
AOR Received.
22-01-2016
Passport Req..
26-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-03-2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
He is very correct in saying that because if you transfer the funds from YOUR account to your father's account and your father transfers it back, it would be very evident. The statements will show this. Do not do this, it is a BIG mistake.

If your father is giving you a gift, it must be transferred from his account. It is not a gift if you transfer the amount to your father and he transfers it back to you. That would be clear misrepresentation.

No, I have not yet got my nomination yet. Long way to go. They received my application on November 5th and they will not even touch it till Feb 2016.
I stand by what I said. The reason being the OP had posted the same question a few weeks back in the anujgupta POF thread and had gotten the same answer. If its a genuine case of a father transferring, or rather gifting, unencumbered funds for his son's Proof of funds requirement - absolutely no problem. However, what the OP is talking about is a clear case of misrepresentation which is exactly what CIC does not condone.

vivekskumar8544, CIC might ask you for details on the funds and since CIC sees several cases like this everyday, there's a very high possibility they will ask you too. What you did will then be considered misrepresentation. Strongly advice against it.