+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OOPNP: how to proof sufficient funds?

stephanos

Jun 21, 2015
I'm seriously confused right now.

There seems to be no consensus about how to proof sufficient settlement funds for OOPNP.

I just received my application back because I blackened the transaction details of the bank statements for the last 6 month. So I'm facing a choice: translate the bank statements again, but this time completely ($300 CAD) - or send them a bank letter that simply stats the balances of the last 6 months ($75 CAD).

What do they really want out of this?

• from the Application Guide:
    "If you do not have a personal bank account in Canada, you must provide six months of original up-to-date bank statements from a recognized financial institution."

• from the Application Form:
    [ ] Current bank certification letter

• from the 'RE: Return of lncomplete Nominee Application’ letter:
    "For those who do not hold a Canadian bank account, an original up-to-date bank statement from a recognized financial institution."

They don't seem to know themselves what they want!

What did/do you send?

heeru_maan

May 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
stephanos said:
I'm seriously confused right now.

There seems to be no consensus about how to proof sufficient settlement funds for OOPNP.

I just received my application back because I blackened the transaction details of the bank statements for the last 6 month. So I'm facing a choice: translate the bank statements again, but this time completely ($300 CAD) - or send them a bank letter that simply stats the balances of the last 6 months ($75 CAD).

What do they really want out of this?

• from the Application Guide:
    "If you do not have a personal bank account in Canada, you must provide six months of original up-to-date bank statements from a recognized financial institution."

• from the Application Form:
    [ ] Current bank certification letter

• from the 'RE: Return of lncomplete Nominee Application’ letter:
    "For those who do not hold a Canadian bank account, an original up-to-date bank statement from a recognized financial institution."

They don't seem to know themselves what they want!

What did/do you send?
Hey,
Sorry to hear that.
I sent my bank statements and a lot of other people that have non-Canadian accounts have sent bank statements too. Since your letter specifically asks for bank statements, I suggest you send bank statements as well. Also, see if your bank can provide the statements in English instead of getting them translated for an additional charge. I understand that this might not be possible in your country but give it a shot.
Good luck this time around!

manpreetdhindsa15

Star Member
Oct 28, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2015 for OOPNP
Nomination.....
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
26-12-2015
Med's Done....
29-12-2015
Passport Req..
02-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-03-2016
Hi Stephanos,

I had sent "Current bank certification letter" and got the nomination yesterday, So I guess either are fine.

stephanos

Jun 21, 2015
Hey manpreetdhindsa15,

may I ask whether the bank certification letter listed the balance for each of the last 6 months or just the current balance?

Much appreciated!

Stephan

manpreetdhindsa15

Star Member
Oct 28, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2015 for OOPNP
Nomination.....
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
26-12-2015
Med's Done....
29-12-2015
Passport Req..
02-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-03-2016
stephanos said:
Hey manpreetdhindsa15,

may I ask whether the bank certification letter listed the balance for each of the last 6 months or just the current balance?

Much appreciated!

Stephan
Just the current balance certificate.

cheers
Manpreet Singh

heeru_maan

May 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
stephanos said:
Thanks for the reply. I wonder, did you also get a bank stamp for those bank statements?

Stephan
Hi Stephan,

The stamp is a standard procedure for banks in my country so it was not an issue.
From what I have read in the forums, you cannot submit online statements without a stamp. If your bank doesn't stamp the statements, that's fine - but make sure you submit the hard copies of the statements you submit are from the bank.
Again, since your application has been returned once already, I suggest you submit statements( also because OINP specifically asked you to submit statements and not a letter).
Good luck again!