+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OOPNP: Bank statement confusion

stephanos

Jun 21, 2015
Hello,

I'm preparing my OOPNP application and am very confused about the requirement of the Bank statements.

I first thought it means to send in 6 months of bank statements, for me that means including all transactions. That's 12 pages I'd need to get translated and notarized - quite expensive.

But in this forum I read that some people just asked their bank to create a formal document listing the account balance of the last 6 months etc. One page.

So what is correct now?

Stephan

charger01

Star Member
Jan 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2015
Nomination.....
06-08-2015
AOR Received.
24-08-2015
Passport Req..
01-21-2016
VISA ISSUED...
02-02-2016
LANDED..........
02-05-2016
No where it mentions that bank statement have to be notarized. You can send them across as long it has your identifying information on the statement. A bank letter mentioning your account information with sufficient balances in last 6 months will also work if you dont want to send statements.

stephanos

Jun 21, 2015
My bank statements are in German. I asked OOPNP if I need to get them translated. It seems silly to me since the are just numbers and names, but they told me they only accept English and French documents. Unfortunately, they were not replying to any further questions of mine.

Bintehassan

Star Member
Jul 13, 2015
stephanos said:
My bank statements are in German. I asked OOPNP if I need to get them translated. It seems silly to me since the are just numbers and names, but they told me they only accept English and French documents. Unfortunately, they were not replying to any further questions of mine.
same situation here, statement in Danish. What did you do ultimately?

stephanos

Jun 21, 2015
I'll send a translation of each month's last page without thr transactions (blackened them out). Note sure if this is sufficient, but it conforms to the requirements.

d.r.

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey folks!

Since there's already a topic on this, I though I'd best post my question here instead of opening a new one.

Section 3.4 - Settlement Funds states the following:

Bank account outside of Canada
If you do not have a personal bank account in Canada, you must provide six months of original up-to-date bank statements from a recognized financial institution...

The thing is, I'm already working in Canada and I do have a bank account here and a bank account back home.
However, I don't have the LICO in my Canadian bank account (too much fun to be had here in TTO, lol), but I do have sufficient funds in my account back home.

In addition, the bank statement from my account back home is in English, but is not an original document (it's a scan).
Will this present difficulties later in the process?

Thanks in advance! :)

MG84

Star Member
May 24, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-08-2015
stephanos said:
Hello,

I'm preparing my OOPNP application and am very confused about the requirement of the Bank statements.

I first thought it means to send in 6 months of bank statements, for me that means including all transactions. That's 12 pages I'd need to get translated and notarized - quite expensive.

But in this forum I read that some people just asked their bank to create a formal document listing the account balance of the last 6 months etc. One page.

So what is correct now?

Stephan
Hi Stephan,

My statements are in Danish and it costs 300 CAD per page for notarized translation.

What did you end up doing. Did you just do the translations yourself ?

stephanos

Jun 21, 2015
Hey MG84,

I blackened out the transaction details and only left the final balance + bank header/footer left to translate. This made the translation cost reasonable.

But since I don't have a response yet, I can't tell you if this will work or not.

But good luck!

stephanos

Jun 21, 2015
Okay, so I got my application back labeled 'incomplete' since I blackened out the transaction details. They said only confidential information is allowed to be blackened.

T365

Mar 22, 2015
NOC Code......
stephanos said:
Okay, so I got my application back labeled 'incomplete' since I blackened out the transaction details. They said only confidential information is allowed to be blackened.
Sorry to here that bro. Could you please share when was your application received? How did you get it back, via courier or snail mail?

Also, anything else they mentioned like you can submit another one within XX days?

I heard from another person here that they give you 30days to resubmit incomplete applications due to their long processing time. I hope this is true for your case.

stephanos

Jun 21, 2015
Sure.

I got it back via snail mail, took about 7 days according to the letter. Now I have 30 - 7 days to get it to Toronto.

And here is the letter:

Dear SiriMadam,

RE: Return of lncomplete Nominee Application

Please be advised that the Ontario lmmigrant Nominee Program (OINP) has received an incomplete Nominee application package. The application package is being returned because it is missing required information and/or documentation on October 8, 2015.

This office does not accept responsibility for any separate documentation that has been sent to this office by individuals who have not submitted a corresponding application for processing. Documents received before an application has been submitted or after an application package has been returned for incompleteness will not be retained.
The attached appendix provides details regarding the specific information and/or documentation that is missing and required in order to assess the application.
Please visit www.Ontariolmmigration.ca to obtain application forms, a list of the documents required to support your application, and guides to help you through the application process. You are encouraged to visit the Questions and Answers section of the website to assist in the preparation of your application. Please review the website prior to submitting your application to ensure that you are aware of any changes to the program requirements.

You are required to submit a copy of this letter along with your new application. You have 30 calendar days from the date of this letter to resubmit your application. If is important that you ensure that your application is complete and all required documents attached. Please note that no further extension will be granted after the expiration of this 30 Calendar days.

Thank you for your interest in the Ontario lmmigrant Nominee Program. Sincerely,
Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program
Ministry of Citizenship, lmmigration and lnternational Trade Government of Ontario

stephanos

Jun 21, 2015
I'm not completely sure whether I resubmit the original application again with non-blackened transaction details or have to submit a 'new' application with the latest bank statements (and updated info in the form). Suggestions?

stg18

Jan 2, 2016
Hi Stephanos

What did you do in the end for the bank statements. I am in similar position as yours..I have dutch bank statements and translating them is turning out to be very expensive propostition. Trying to find out alternatives for the same

Thanks

Bintehassan

Star Member
Jul 13, 2015
stg18 said:
Hi Stephanos

What did you do in the end for the bank statements. I am in similar position as yours..I have dutch bank statements and translating them is turning out to be very expensive propostition. Trying to find out alternatives for the same

Thanks
Original bank statements (in whtever language u have) with a certified bank letter (1 page) in English from Bank confirming all ur details n balance n ur standing as a customer. I did the same after they sent my application back for they wanted to see English bank statement. Which I didnt hv n too expensive to translate. they accepted after I resent n I got my AOR in December.

Svetlanka

Star Member
Jul 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did you check if your Bank issued these documents in English? In Europe is normal practice and most banks issued certification letter in English too, not only in official language in your country.