+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OOPNP Application Form

reddevil666

Star Member
Jun 3, 2015
Is the certified copy only required for Canadian Degree ? I have done my BE and MS from outside Canada and have a ECA report. Do I also need to submit my certified degree copies while applying ?

Dilbert

Star Member
May 19, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2015
Doc's Request.
14-11-2015
Nomination.....
13-10-2015
AOR Received.
15-11-2015
IELTS Request
14-11-2015
Med's Request
14-11-2015
Med's Done....
08-11-2015
Passport Req..
18-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2016
LANDED..........
09-04-2016
chaos123456 said:
Can someone clarify this? Do I need to actually get a certified copy from my University or I can ask people who authorized (ie lawyer) to certify the degree copy?
Yes you do if you obtained your degree inside Canada. Cannot be from a lawyer, has to be through the institution. I suggest you get in touch with the institution's registrar office and start the process.

Dilbert

Star Member
May 19, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2015
Doc's Request.
14-11-2015
Nomination.....
13-10-2015
AOR Received.
15-11-2015
IELTS Request
14-11-2015
Med's Request
14-11-2015
Med's Done....
08-11-2015
Passport Req..
18-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2016
LANDED..........
09-04-2016
reddevil666 said:
Is the certified copy only required for Canadian Degree ? I have done my BE and MS from outside Canada and have a ECA report. Do I also need to submit my certified degree copies while applying ?
Yes certified copy is only for Canadian degree. It's great that you have an ECA, although it doesn't ask for degree's outside Canada to be notarized but I suggest you can get them done just in case.

valar morghulis

Star Member
Feb 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All,

Please share your ideas about how to show the ties to Ontario?

Please expand on:

• Employment in Ontario;
• Job offers or jobs applied/interviewed for in Ontario;
• Volunteer work in Ontario;
• Lease agreements for a residence in Ontario or property ownership; →
• Professional networks and affiliations;
• Family ties;
• Social connections or personal relationships; and/or

Thanks.

valar morghulis

Star Member
Feb 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chaos123456 said:
Can someone clarify this? Do I need to actually get a certified copy from my University or I can ask people who authorized (ie lawyer) to certify the degree copy?
I contacted my college today and here's their response. Hope it helps:

If you have already graduated, you would have received your diploma/certificate. If you are trying to make it a certified copy, then it should be taken to a notary public for them to certify it as a true copy.

chaos123456

Star Member
Feb 14, 2015
valar morghulis said:
I contacted my college today and here's their response. Hope it helps:

If you have already graduated, you would have received your diploma/certificate. If you are trying to make it a certified copy, then it should be taken to a notary public for them to certify it as a true copy.
My uni actually has service to certify the degree, that's why I'm confused.

Going to take a lot of work to find someone that can certify in my city. Going back to my uni to request the service is no an option either since it's located in other city. I think I'm going to submit original one lol

valar morghulis

Star Member
Feb 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chaos123456 said:
My uni actually has service to certify the degree, that's why I'm confused.

Going to take a lot of work to find someone that can certify in my city. Going back to my uni to request the service is no an option either since it's located in other city. I think I'm going to submit original one lol
Sure. And then you can request a new one from the university.

sunnyvin

Nov 29, 2014
Just wanted to confirm if you have less than 400 score under express entry you cannot apply opportunties ontario under fsw or cec 75 points under the old programme.

abiisharma

Star Member
Mar 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys,

Can you please tell me, in how many days do we need to respond to PT letter of OOPNP. I just received it today in my EE profile.

Thanks.

sunnyvin

Nov 29, 2014
sunnyvin said:
Just wanted to confirm if you have less than 400 score under express entry you cannot apply opportunties ontario under fsw or cec 75 points under the old programme.
Need advice dear all if anyone can help

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sunnyvin said:
Need advice dear all if anyone can help
If you have less than 400 CRS score, you're ineligible for OOPNP. But you can still be eligible for the other regular streams including FSW or CEC if you meet the respective criteria for those programs.

jemdill

Oct 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abiisharma said:
Guys,

Can you please tell me, in how many days do we need to respond to PT letter of OOPNP. I just received it today in my EE profile.

Thanks.
They should receive your application within 45 days

Dilbert

Star Member
May 19, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2015
Doc's Request.
14-11-2015
Nomination.....
13-10-2015
AOR Received.
15-11-2015
IELTS Request
14-11-2015
Med's Request
14-11-2015
Med's Done....
08-11-2015
Passport Req..
18-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2016
LANDED..........
09-04-2016
valar morghulis said:
Hello All,

Please share your ideas about how to show the ties to Ontario?

Please expand on:

• Employment in Ontario;
• Job offers or jobs applied/interviewed for in Ontario;
• Volunteer work in Ontario;
• Lease agreements for a residence in Ontario or property ownership; →
• Professional networks and affiliations;
• Family ties;
• Social connections or personal relationships; and/or

Thanks.
1) Employment in Ontario (Pretty self explanatory) : If your employers location/workplace is in Ontario then this criteria is fulfilled
2)Job Offers : If you are currently working in Ontario then ignore this else if you are not working then start applying for jobs in Ontario. Once you hear back from an employer regarding an interview session then you can add this criteria
3) Same as point 1, except this is unpaid
4)Lease Agreement: If you living/renting a house/condo/apt in Ontario then you can ask for a copy of lease agreement from your landlord which states your name , the "to" and "from" date for the lease. In the event you do not have such an agreement you can show any hydro bills, phone bills etc. Even the address on the credit card statement sometimes is considered as local ties if all these are in Ontario.
5)Professional Networks / Affiliations : If you are part of some for profit/not for profit organizations or volunteering with organizations based in Ontario then you fall under this criteria. As an example I am part of the PMI Ontario chapter, which is a non-profit org based in Ontario. Although proving this criteria with evidence can sometime be tricky. So be careful if you want to add it or not.
6) Family Ties (again self explanatory) : Refer to the application guide, there's an entire section for this as to who is considered under family ties and what documentation you would need.
7)Social Connections/Personal Relationships and/or : Not sure what constitutes under this category.

In my opinion irrespective of what category you chose from above, make sure you have enough proof/evidence to back up your statements/information that you are providing.

5amsjm

Apr 8, 2015
Hi Dilbert

It seems Certified true copies of applicant's university degree(s) is not only applied for Canadian degrees. So do we need to get one from university and then get a translated version of it?

Also do you think is a notirized degree should be considered as a certified true copy? Quit strange if it's not...