+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OOPNP Application Form

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
ziffyasif said:
Hi guys,

I know this question has been asked again and again but just to ensure that my situation is not unique so I am asking few doubts about the settlement funds. If anyone can reiterate I would be very thankful.

I am from India and I received an Ontario nomination application invite on 4-Dec-15 with 410 CRS score and am preparing to apply. My savings accounts had more than enough funds required till the beginning of Oct 2015 but since I was not expecting any nomination and ITA seem to be a distant truth I decided to invest in property because of which my savings balance went down. Although my salary input in the account is good but it will still take around 4-5 months to replenish the required amount (CAD 18260) from 0. My savings account now has 1.8 lac and would get another 1.8 lac in Jan 2016 as salary. I have also withdrawn money from a mutual fund which should add another 1.76 lac to my salary account. I have some funds in my other bank account (around 1 lac) and some with my wife in her savings and FD (around 4.4 lac). I will have just enough money in these accounts in Dec 2015 (around 9.5 lac ~ CAD 19000). My queries are:

1. I had lent my brother around 1.5 lac during the last year as transfers to his account. Should I ask him to transfer it back now or it will complicate things?

Yea you can ask him to transfer it back. If asked, you can show proof of lending to your brother and the proof of him transferring it back to you.

2. Is it fine to show my wife's funds as she is shown as a dependent in my application or do I need some affidavits?

You should get an affidavit from her.

3. Should I wait till my next salary before sending the application so that the account balance increases further?

Not required if you have enough funds. No special treatment, IMO, for having more than required funds :) .

4. Would the reduction in my account balance be a cause of concern although the required amounts have been replenished?

Not in my opinion, NO!

I have a few queries regarding the application form

1. I am not able to fill the address properly as it asks for a street name and i don't have any in my address. My address is:
Flat #, Tower #, Apartment society name, block name, township name, city. I am not sure where would "Tower #, Apartment society name, block name, township name" go and what should i fill in the street no and name

Yea this is a pain in the neck. Fill it as accurately as you can. If possible, leave the field empty. If it is a mandatory field, then write N/A.

2. My mailing address is same as the address so i checked the box and I assume I will need to fill in "N/A" in all the fields?

Yes, you can do that.

3. For fields with tables which do not apply to me should I write "N/A" in all cells?

Well, you can do that OR you could write N/A with a larger font size in the middle.

4. What date to fill in the "To" for the current job?

Fill in some date, print the form, use a correction pen (Whitener) and then write "Ongoing" with pen.

5. If there is a gap of few days or weeks between job switches, do I need to mention them as unemployed?

Yes. Do not leave even a gap of 1 day.

6. IELTS score to put as it is or the CLB equivalent?

I wrote the actual scores (not the CLB- equivalent because no where it is mentioned we have to enter CLB equivalent). Others might have different opinion.

7. I have a relative of mine and that of wife who are two different people but I can select only one type of relationship in the form. Should I tick the other one manually?

You can have 2 separate entries for this, isn't it? I am not sure about this part because I wrote N/A here. I do not have any relatives.

All help is appreciated in advance

Regards,
Asif

ziffyasif

Star Member
May 3, 2015
Ghaziabad
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
2174 - Software Game Developer
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2017
Nomination.....
04-12-2016
Thanks for the detailed reply Raj Kamal :) Appreciate it.

akhil5293

Sep 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Yes
Passport Req..
15-12-16
VISA ISSUED...
21-12-16
LANDED..........
30-12-16
Please advice

I have bachelors degree with Wes and Canadian diploma do I need the Canadian diploma transcripts in sealed envelop ??

I don't have birth certificate copy, can I use my highs cool copy as proof instead ??

If I'm borrowing money from someone do I need any kind of letter to explain I'm in Canada but not working at the moment and applying in Cec what is the best option if I don't have sufficient funds in my account ??

Please advice!!

akhil5293

Sep 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Yes
Passport Req..
15-12-16
VISA ISSUED...
21-12-16
LANDED..........
30-12-16
Hi Guys!!!

So this is my situation, hope you can advice me right I have a closed work permit with an employer in Alberta, but I only worked with an employer for 5 months and quit my job and moved to ON in search of a new job, since then I'm unemployed and living with my relatives my status is valid because of valid work permit.

I don't understand how I suppose to explain this whole situation to OPNP. My last work permit was issued to work in Alberta, but I only work 5 months and moved to ON because of some reason with employer.

Can someone please help me out :'(

ravs77

Star Member
Mar 15, 2015
Family ties

My first cousin is on PR in Ontario. Please guide me how can I show family ties and will first cousin be considered as family ties.
She is my Father's Sister's her ?

What I can show as evidence of my relationship with her ?

And is it mandatory for shoes Ties ? If we do not show tie would it reduce chances of getting selected ?
Because I am not sure if I would have relevant documents.. She has changed her name post marriage.

cococly

Aug 3, 2015
Category........
PNP
Doc's Request.
28-FEB-2017
Nomination.....
07-DEC-2016
AOR Received.
18-JAN-2017
Med's Done....
24-DEC-2016
Passport Req..
06-JUN-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-JUN-2017
LANDED..........
00-JUL-2017
ravs77 said:
Family ties

My first cousin is on PR in Ontario. Please guide me how can I show family ties and will first cousin be considered as family ties.

And is it mandatory for shoes Ties ? If we do not show tie would it reduce chances of getting selected ?
Because I am not sure if I would have relevant documents.. She has changed her name post marriage.
According to CIC (old name; but whatever), cousin doesn't count as family member for PR application.

As for ONIP, it says on the application guide, " The relative can be either a parent, grandparent, child, grandchild, sibling, ant, uncle, niece or nephew" , plus from what I read from some other posts on here, I am sure cousin doesn't count as Relatives in Canada. In other words, you would not get extra points for having a cousin residing in Canada.

But of course, you could state your cousin in Part F: Ties to Ontario on the ONIP application form.

cococly

Aug 3, 2015
Category........
PNP
Doc's Request.
28-FEB-2017
Nomination.....
07-DEC-2016
AOR Received.
18-JAN-2017
Med's Done....
24-DEC-2016
Passport Req..
06-JUN-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-JUN-2017
LANDED..........
00-JUL-2017
Short Question:

CIC and ONIP regard full time work as 30 hour per week (1560 hour annually).

My current job is at a fixed 45 hour per week.

Question:

Would CIC and/or ONIP consider myself as worked for 3 years of 30-hour per week from my actual 2 years of 45-hour per week?

2 or 3 years? Let me know!

akhil5293

Sep 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Yes
Passport Req..
15-12-16
VISA ISSUED...
21-12-16
LANDED..........
30-12-16
Hi guys I need some info regarding work and history, right now I'm not working do I need to show with dates in the form ?

What else we need to write it down ?? Experience from India as well or Canada only please advice nominated candidates ???

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
cococly said:
Short Question:

CIC and ONIP regard full time work as 30 hour per week (1560 hour annually).

My current job is at a fixed 45 hour per week.

Question:

Would CIC and/or ONIP consider myself as worked for 3 years of 30-hour per week from my actual 2 years of 45-hour per week?

2 or 3 years? Let me know!
No I don't think this is possible. I have never heard of any such thing. The 30 hours/week is the minimum requirement and it will have no effect even if you have worked 45 hours per week. Your work experience will be 2 years.

abc_27

Star Member
May 11, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ravs77 said:
Family ties

I also have a cousin (the daughter of my mother''s sister) in Ontario. I should mention it only in the F part - ties to Ontario?

china.cse

Star Member
Oct 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Recently I have received ontario PT and preparing document list.. while filling up the form, Im in confusion which federal program to pickup whether its FSWP or CEC as per my EE profile Im eligible to both programs.. Currently Im in India and recently moved from Canada..

I'm trying to find what differences are there between two programs in case of document lists.. which would be easy to prepare and submit.. If I choose CEC do I have to still submit India's experience with all employment letters and reference letter from India?

Have one more question regarding settlement of funds, is any one submitted POF from SBI India? what would be the process for approaching the bank? please clarify and thanks in advance!!

nurat

Star Member
Nov 23, 2014
Two questions:

1. I studied in India, and got my WES done. Do I still need to submit 'Certified Copies of University Degrees'? If yes, can I get this done in Toronto as I am working here? I have my original degree with me

2. Do we actually need to give exact dates (MM/DD/YYYY) for all lines in work experience? Can we not just mention MM/YYYY? There is no way I can get exact dates for all positions held in the last 10 years

akhil5293

Sep 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Yes
Passport Req..
15-12-16
VISA ISSUED...
21-12-16
LANDED..........
30-12-16
I have the same question, if you have the Canadian diploma ??and degree with wes do we still need to get the certified diploma or transcripts in sealed envelop ???

Please advice ?