+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OOPNP Application Form

chad_80

Star Member
Aug 25, 2014
Mississauga, ON
NOC Code......
Russian said:
Maybe you are right. I think all above 450 can wait for ITA without chasing the nominations. So most of applicants fall from 400 to 450.
Agree with you Russian. I also believe OOPNP is a race for applicants between 400 and 450. It looks like some NOCs are not getting PT letters (as per some of the posts here). Then there will be people who will need certifications for the regulated occupations. So I expect that about 50% of the people between 400 to 450 will be the ones applying and waiting for OOPNP.

reddevil666

Star Member
Jun 3, 2015
Dilbert said:
2174 is a regulated occupation. kindly visit the hrsdc website, also search the forum as this has been answered before.
Being already employed and having a valid workpermit is not a condition for meeting the license requirements. Ex: if you are working as a software engineer then you must contact PEO(Proff Engineers of Ontario), if within the ON province. Additionally you cannot use a job title of an "engineer" or use PENG as a suffix after your name if you are not licensed to do so.

Company licensing is different from individual licensing, both are un-related. Hence your company license is not relevant in this situation.
If I am outside Canada, can I apply for OOPNP without Proof of License or is it mandatory ?
Will the application be rejected if I do not have proof of license ?

d.r.

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jemdill said:
Yes looks like there will be a lots of rejections; because the cap is 2700 and seems like they have sent PT to almost everyone who has score more than 400.
I was reading this thread from the beginning, enjoying every post and especially, enjoying the fact that people are helping each other.
And then...bump! A naysayer! Get outta here! :D

Received PT on June 10th, collecting documents in progress :)
Will drop a line or two here soon.

Ta!

nrc1978

Sep 10, 2014
Hi,

I received PT notification to apply for OOPNP. Have a concern regarding Birth certificate which i have to submit with my application. I do not have my Birth certificate but have an Affidavit notarized by Canadian Lawyer here in Toronto. Can i submit the same??

Please let me know

Thanks and Regds
Ravi

smtele

Apr 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
27-12-2015
Passport Req..
05-06-2016
LANDED..........
29-06-2016
I am in the process of filing the nominee application form, and have a quick question.

On the nominee application form, section 3 states "For applicants currently in Canada ..." and asks for UCI, and other details. I am currently not living in Canada, but I do have a UCI number. So, do I need to fill in this field?

There is another field "Have you already submitted or been included in an Application for PR to CIC?". My father had included me in a PR application over 10 years ago, but since I do not live in Canada, do I need to fill in this detail or just write N/A?

stak

Star Member
Apr 2, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
begs2 said:
Can anyone pls. help me with the below ask :
-----------------------------------------------

If you intend to work in an occupation that requires licensing in Ontario, do you have a certificate of qualification issued by a provincial orterritorial body?

I am applying under CEC category and have 2.5 years of canada experience in 2174 in Ontario.
I am already employed and has valid workpermit till 2016. DO I still need license? I beleive my company must have license to allow me work here.

Please guide
---------------------------------------------------
I am also working in Toronto Ontario.NoC code is 2174-Software Developer
I am about to send my documents and just saw this post..
Dilbert: Are you sure that 2174 falls under regulated occupation ???
If it is regulated occupation,how govt allowing us to work in Ontario with out license or certificate ???
Please reply..I don't want to waste 1500 dollars.

maria_786

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2013
nrc1978 said:
Hi,

I received PT notification to apply for OOPNP. Have a concern regarding Birth certificate which i have to submit with my application. I do not have my Birth certificate but have an Affidavit notarized by Canadian Lawyer here in Toronto. Can i submit the same??

Please let me know

Thanks and Regds
Ravi

no i believe u still need birth certificate

stak

Star Member
Apr 2, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dilbert said:
2174 is a regulated occupation. kindly visit the hrsdc website, also search the forum as this has been answered before.
Being already employed and having a valid workpermit is not a condition for meeting the license requirements. Ex: if you are working as a software engineer then you must contact PEO(Proff Engineers of Ontario), if within the ON province. Additionally you cannot use a job title of an "engineer" or use PENG as a suffix after your name if you are not licensed to do so.

Company licensing is different from individual licensing, both are un-related. Hence your company license is not relevant in this situation.
Please see this :NoC 2174 is not regulated profession as per below link...
2173 is regulated profession..change the value in the URL to 2173 you will see result as Regulated...
http://www.jobbank.gc.ca/report-eng.do?area=9219&lang=eng&noc=2174&action=final&ln=n&s=3

begs2

Dec 16, 2014
Dilbert said:

Hi Dilbert - This is strange , then how come we got OONP invitation. How do they validate if you have a license or not. I can continue to work with the same company if I get the nomination or PR. I have selected the option as "Not Applicable" in teh OONP form . Are they going to reject the application ? This is very confusing . Pls. help. Also how to connect with PEO , do we need to apply another form - how much time it will take ? we have only 45 days to response for OONP.

stak

Star Member
Apr 2, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
begs2 said:
Hi Dilbert - This is strange , then how come we got OONP invitation. How do they validate if you have a license or not. I can continue to work with the same company if I get the nomination or PR. I have selected the option as "Not Applicable" in teh OONP form . Are they going to reject the application ? This is very confusing . Pls. help. Also how to connect with PEO , do we need to apply another form - how much time it will take ? we have only 45 days to response for OONP.
See this one
http://www.jobbank.gc.ca/report-eng.do?area=9219&lang=eng&noc=2174&action=final&ln=n&s=3

maria_786

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2013
guys my bro had his birth certificate notarized from outside canada when he was back home 2 months ago, but now he will be applying for OOPNP and this is what we read in the guidline:

"If you are applying from within Ontario, the translations must be completed by a certified translator accredited by the Association of Translators and Interpreters of Ontario (ATIO)".

can we still use the certified birth certificate from back home or do we have to get it translated from ontario since he is applying within ontario?

Also for ties in ontario im still not a PR yet (on BOWP), can my bro mention me for family ties he is applying under CEC?

Lastly, my bro does have some owe money to a creditor, deos he need pay off the full bal first?

Dora1023

Oct 23, 2014
hi,

i received PT letter last thursday and the day before yesterday i had my documents delivered by DHL. the estimated time for delivery is tomorrow. i really hope that this time i will fall into the cap. also best wishes to everyone applying OOPNP.

Hemi427

Jan 31, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys, for the personal and work history section, do i mention my holiday travel (6 days) and business travel (7 days) outside my country.

Russian

May 14, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Somebody please send an example of statement letter - intention to reside in Ontario on vlady84@mail.ru

Or post it here

Thanks in advance