+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario PNP

Rumaan 2002

Star Member
Feb 9, 2013
HI, I am new to this thread and want to apply for O-PNP, I am outside canada, Can anybody guide me to know how can i apply?
I need to be in a sales/marketing profession.
Thanks in advance.

bhuv

May 15, 2013
Hi arif.jabbar,

Did you also have a job offer when you applied for OPNP as Graduate Student?

Thanks

bhuv

May 15, 2013
Oh Ok, Thank you for this information...

Hey I have several questions but I will ask you only few for the time being:
  • Did you provided that internship letter with your OPNP initial application? or you sent it later when they asked for additional documents
  • Is IELTS score a compulsory requirements for grad students too?
  • Police verification from the home country for the PR: I am from India so as per the documents required for PR we need to submit Police verification. As this document is only issued if you personally visit the concerned authorities in India...Thinking proactively, I was planning to get the document from Indian authorities next time I visit my country. Please guide me if there are any additional requirements for this document such as it cannot be more than 6 months old or other details that I show know...Do you have any knowledge in this matter...

Thanks

Ripan25

Aug 27, 2013
Hello,
I am a Masters student in Ontario. I am married as well and plan to apply next May for PNP. I have to include my spouse's name as dependent in it. But we are not able to live together because of our work and study commitments. Would it be a problem???

arif.jabbar

Feb 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ripan25 said:
Hello,
I am a Masters student in Ontario. I am married as well and plan to apply next May for PNP. I have to include my spouse's name as dependent in it. But we are not able to live together because of our work and study commitments. Would it be a problem???
Not a problem, but you need marriage certificate !

jxzjason

Aug 30, 2013
Hello SaiSivaRam, I am wondering if there is any specific job requirements(like NOC code) for PR application under International Master Student category. I already got my O-PNP certificate at July 2nd. I am currently working full-time but temporarily as Quality Control Inspector since Apr. As for me, it is only a survival job for me and I am still looking for better working opportunities. I would like to know about the detail job requirements for our case. The official O-PNP application does not require job offer so I can not find any further information for PR through O-PNP program. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

SaiSivaRam said:
Hello Ameet747, I echo with narmer1986, it takes more than 3 months to get the nomination approved under O-PNP program. I applied for O-PNP nomination under International Masters Student category, on September 20th 2012 - acknowledgement received : November 1st week, requesting for additional documents - submitted again in last week of November - Quota for 2012 was filled, so they put my application on hold - received the nomination on Feb 28th - sent my application to CIO (CIC processing) on April 4th 2013. So altogether, it took 5 months to receive nomination certificate. I am not sure what are the factors involved in processing -if having a job cold boost the chances for quick approval ... may be ... have a look at this scenario - one of my friends who applied in June 2012, haven't received his nomination yet !! On the other hand one of my acquaintances received the nomination in less than two months !! In earlier case, he was not having a job at that time, and in later, this guy was having a permanent full time job. Whereas in my case i was working full time on a one year contract.

BTW ..... anyone applied for CIC processing after nominated under International Masters Gradaute stream from O-PNP ?

Cheers

SaiSivaRam

Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
28-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-02-2014
LANDED..........
Currently in Canada
jxzjason said:
Hello SaiSivaRam, I am wondering if there is any specific job requirements(like NOC code) for PR application under International Master Student category. I already got my O-PNP certificate at July 2nd. I am currently working full-time but temporarily as Quality Control Inspector since Apr. As for me, it is only a survival job for me and I am still looking for better working opportunities. I would like to know about the detail job requirements for our case. The official O-PNP application does not require job offer so I can not find any further information for PR through O-PNP program. Your help would be greatly appreciated.
Hello "jxzjason" - there are no job requirements in order to apply to CIC for PR - you have got nomination, so just go ahead and file the application - and fill in the details as per your current employment - if i understood correctly, in the PNP category of PR, having no job or unrelated job, shouldnt make a significant difference on final decision

Hope that helps !!

jxzjason

Aug 30, 2013
Many thanks for SaiSivaRam. I already plan to prepare my application package because i was told that Police Clearance Certification might take some time. Since there is no specific job requirements, what do you think is the main factor of making a final decision? It does not mean you will definitely get PR even you got PNP nomination. Obviously the better work position which helps you to settle in Ontario, the better chance of being nominated. Just in case if I got rejected by PR through PNP, I can still go through CEC. Unfortunately, my current job title(NOC C) did not satisfy requirement of CEC(Noc code 0,A,B).This is my main reason why I am still looking for better jobs. I hope you can understand my concern and I will greatly appreciate your advice.

SaiSivaRam said:
Hello "jxzjason" - there are no job requirements in order to apply to CIC for PR - you have got nomination, so just go ahead and file the application - and fill in the details as per your current employment - if i understood correctly, in the PNP category of PR, having no job or unrelated job, shouldnt make a significant difference on final decision

Hope that helps !!

Feb2004

Feb 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa (OPNP)
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-8-2014
Nomination.....
11-8-2014
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
1-12-2014
Interview........
PCC & RPRF 21-5-2015 (in process);PCC reached 4th June, RPRF paid 5th June.
Passport Req..
DM & PPR 13 Aug
VISA ISSUED...
20 Aug 2015. PP & COPR recd 26-8-2015
LANDED..........
6 Sept 2015
bhuv said:
Oh Ok, Thank you for this information...

Hey I have several questions but I will ask you only few for the time being:
  • Did you provided that internship letter with your OPNP initial application? or you sent it later when they asked for additional documents
  • Is IELTS score a compulsory requirements for grad students too?
  • Police verification from the home country for the PR: I am from India so as per the documents required for PR we need to submit Police verification. As this document is only issued if you personally visit the concerned authorities in India...Thinking proactively, I was planning to get the document from Indian authorities next time I visit my country. Please guide me if there are any additional requirements for this document such as it cannot be more than 6 months old or other details that I show know...Do you have any knowledge in this matter...

Thanks
You don't have to go to India for police certificate. Indian consulates in Canada issue the PCCs.

jxzjason

Aug 30, 2013
Hello, arif.jabbar, do you know about the further job requirements for PR application through PNP master stream? Did you continue to apply for PR using your current internship job? It seems like we both are on same/similar pages, I got the PNP nomination through full time but temporary position at July and I am preparing for application package. I am still looking for jobs because I talked with immigration lawyer and he told Full-time permanent job offer might be more helpful. Any shared ideas would be greatly appreciated.
arif.jabbar said:
Yes, but not the permenant job.. it was sort of internship

jxzjason

Aug 30, 2013
Hello SaiSivaRam, thanks so much for your personal message but I am not entitled to send through mailbox so I posted my concern over here. I talked with one immigration lawyer and he told me full-time PERMANENT(or long term contract) job offer might be a bit helpful. Currently I am working temporarily for placement agency for 5 months but I found it might take around 1 year to get directly hired. This is main reason why I am still looking for jobs(holding my PR application even I already received nomination at July) so that hopefully I can submit the application with new Permanent job offer. Since you told me employment and skill levels are not a main factor for PNP nomination, what do you think of the main difference of making a final decision? BTW, do you think it is necessary to hire immigration lawyer to prepare PR application? For example, he told me I need to prepare my tax record from CRA, which might be a bit convenient for officer in CIC to review my case, but I can not find any requirement in application checklist. Honestly I can prepare all materials by myself according to the checklist. Any shared ideas would be greatly appreciated.
SaiSivaRam said:

Hope that helps !!

SaiSivaRam

Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
28-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-02-2014
LANDED..........
Currently in Canada
jxzjason said:
Hello SaiSivaRam, thanks so much for your personal message but I am not entitled to send through mailbox so I posted my concern over here. I talked with one immigration lawyer and he told me full-time PERMANENT(or long term contract) job offer might be a bit helpful. Currently I am working temporarily for placement agency for 5 months but I found it might take around 1 year to get directly hired. This is main reason why I am still looking for jobs(holding my PR application even I already received nomination at July) so that hopefully I can submit the application with new Permanent job offer. Since you told me employment and skill levels are not a main factor for PNP nomination, what do you think of the main difference of making a final decision? BTW, do you think it is necessary to hire immigration lawyer to prepare PR application? For example, he told me I need to prepare my tax record from CRA, which might be a bit convenient for officer in CIC to review my case, but I can not find any requirement in application checklist. Honestly I can prepare all materials by myself according to the checklist. Any shared ideas would be greatly appreciated.
I completely agree with your lawyer with respect to 'having a permanent full time job will increase your chances of acceptance' .... but thats not a pre-requisite --- i doubt every PNP applicant (past/current) has/had a full time/permanent job --- be positive and go ahead with submitting your application --- since its not a pre-requisite (your application shouldnt be rejected based on this point), at worse your application will be on hold (until you get a permanent full time job, if thats the reason for CIC) !!!

jxzjason

Aug 30, 2013
Hello SaiSivaRam, that makes sense. It really eases my tension but I still try to find better job opportunities even I submit my application using my present job offer. Do you think it is necessary to Hire lawyer for preparation. Honestly i believe the application checklist it NOT that complex and did you also prepare them by yourself?
SaiSivaRam said:
I completely agree with your lawyer with respect to 'having a permanent full time job will increase your chances of acceptance' .... but thats not a pre-requisite --- i doubt every PNP applicant (past/current) has/had a full time/permanent job --- be positive and go ahead with submitting your application --- since its not a pre-requisite (your application shouldnt be rejected based on this point), at worse your application will be on hold (until you get a permanent full time job, if thats the reason for CIC) !!!