Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
28-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-02-2014
LANDED..........
Currently in Canada
jxzjason said:
Hello SaiSivaRam, that makes sense. It really eases my tension but I still try to find better job opportunities even I submit my application using my present job offer. Do you think it is necessary to Hire lawyer for preparation. Honestly i believe the application checklist it NOT that complex and did you also prepare them by yourself?
I dont recommend going for a lawyer; yes, like you said, the application is pretty straight forward and YOU barely need a 'professional/legal' help !!

arif.jabbar

Feb 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Who the hell on this earth told you pnp requires job ? PNP is a outland applicant process, which means people who are not in canada are being nominated by province and then they come to Canada and find a job.. so dont worry about job thingy.. whatever job you have...just mention it ..

for tax thingy, dont make your file complicated.. just send what is required.. especially police certificate of every country you lived more than six months.. except for Canada..

hope this helps !!

stay away from lawyers !!

jxzjason

Aug 30, 2013
Thanks, 'arif.jabba'. Does it mean every nominator will theoretically get PR approved as long as they satisfy civil/medical/criminal requirements? I think I might be over worried.
arif.jabbar said:
Who the hell on this earth told you pnp requires job ? PNP is a outland applicant process, which means people who are not in canada are being nominated by province and then they come to Canada and find a job.. so dont worry about job thingy.. whatever job you have...just mention it ..

for tax thingy, dont make your file complicated.. just send what is required.. especially police certificate of every country you lived more than six months.. except for Canada..

hope this helps !!

stay away from lawyers !!

Feb2004

Feb 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa (OPNP)
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-8-2014
Nomination.....
11-8-2014
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
1-12-2014
Interview........
PCC & RPRF 21-5-2015 (in process);PCC reached 4th June, RPRF paid 5th June.
Passport Req..
DM & PPR 13 Aug
VISA ISSUED...
20 Aug 2015. PP & COPR recd 26-8-2015
LANDED..........
6 Sept 2015
Hello anyone,
I plan to apply in the Masters stream next year. I have a problem about presenting my case for immigration. I came in 2010 as a Ph.D student, but now after three years have decided to finish as an MA (12 months). For the MA degree my university will consider my first year Ph.D coursework, next two year were spent preparing for the qualifying exams. Now in the Fall 2013 semester I am required to just complete a course and write a paper to earn the MA degree. How will the PNP consider my timeline. I have not switched programs, just a degree. Please help.

SaiSivaRam

Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
28-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-02-2014
LANDED..........
Currently in Canada
Feb2004 said:
Hello anyone,
I plan to apply in the Masters stream next year. I have a problem about presenting my case for immigration. I came in 2010 as a Ph.D student, but now after three years have decided to finish as an MA (12 months). For the MA degree my university will consider my first year Ph.D coursework, next two year were spent preparing for the qualifying exams. Now in the Fall 2013 semester I am required to just complete a course and write a paper to earn the MA degree. How will the PNP consider my timeline. I have not switched programs, just a degree. Please help.
Hello - that was my case too - i assume your final certificate will not mention anything about your PhD and transferring into MA (at least thats the case for me), so PNP will refer to that document and, hence, there shouldnt be any confusion, on their part, about your degree.

Hope i answered your question - BTW i applied under the same stream - International Masters Graduate stream

Feb2004

Feb 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa (OPNP)
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-8-2014
Nomination.....
11-8-2014
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
1-12-2014
Interview........
PCC & RPRF 21-5-2015 (in process);PCC reached 4th June, RPRF paid 5th June.
Passport Req..
DM & PPR 13 Aug
VISA ISSUED...
20 Aug 2015. PP & COPR recd 26-8-2015
LANDED..........
6 Sept 2015
SaiSivaRam said:
Hello - that was my case too - i assume your final certificate will not mention anything about your PhD and transferring into MA (at least thats the case for me), so PNP will refer to that document and, hence, there shouldnt be any confusion, on their part, about your degree.

Hope i answered your question - BTW i applied under the same stream - International Masters Graduate stream
Thank you so much. I believe the certificate/transcript should just mention my MA credits. But in the work history forms I will have to fill up as to what I was doing all the time in Canada. Thanks, yours is the only case I have found similar to mine so far.