+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ONTARIO PNP APPLICATIONS 2016 TIMELINE

Mrc27

May 31, 2016
Here is My Timeline (International student with job offer)

Ontario Pre Screening Application submitted : Sept 9, 2014
AOR for pre-Screening : Sept 23, 2014
Employer got an email to submit additional documents : March 10, 2015
Pre Screening Approved: May 5, 2015
Ontario Nomination Application filed: June 3, 2015
AOR for Ontario Nomination: June 9, 2015
Ontario Nomination Approved:Still waiting, No updates after having email dated April 30 that file is in final process.
Anyone have idea if they are still working. My work permit expires and thus I came back to home country and waiting on Nomination.

egoo45

Aug 11, 2015
Hey gowthamp,

Let me try and clarify your question. The 2 year requirement you speak of is on the nomination application and not on the pre-screening application. Which means an international student must have a job that was already pre-screened and submit an application for nomination within 2 years of graduating.

I was also wondering that same thing so I asked OINP considering that they are taking way longer than 90 days to process the pre-screening application. My understanding from their answer (don't forget that OINP are elusive and not straight forward with their answers) is the following: That requirement is not very firm and you can attach an explanation letter with your nomination application explaining the situation. Given that your employer applied at least 91 days before your 2 year anniversary of being a graduate then you would have a strong case saying that they took too long. Therefore you can apply anyways. if your employer applied a week before your 2 year anniversary then maybe they will decline your application.

I hope that helped!

Good Luck!

gowthamp said:
Hi Jaswanth,

Let me re-phrase my question properly,

My employer applied for pre-screen before 2 years period of my graduation, but didn't get approval for the position within time (Still pending).

My timeline for 2 years has passed on August 15th, 2016, but I hadn't applied to OPNP as pre-screen is pending.

I should be passed 2 years by the time I file Nomination.
If I apply after 2 years for Ontario Nomination, am I eligible in this stream?

sumanthyj

Star Member
Dec 4, 2015
The timeline on cic processing site shows it's 15 months for economic class for provincial nominees!
Is this true?

gowthamp

Jun 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks a lot moelaghil.

That clarifies my question. My employer applied 6 months before 2 years permit.

jaswanth.koppu

Jan 26, 2015
ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
ontario
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
moelaghil said:
Hey gowthamp,

Let me try and clarify your question. The 2 year requirement you speak of is on the nomination application and not on the pre-screening application. Which means an international student must have a job that was already pre-screened and submit an application for nomination within 2 years of graduating.

I was also wondering that same thing so I asked OINP considering that they are taking way longer than 90 days to process the pre-screening application. My understanding from their answer (don't forget that OINP are elusive and not straight forward with their answers) is the following: That requirement is not very firm and you can attach an explanation letter with your nomination application explaining the situation. Given that your employer applied at least 91 days before your 2 year anniversary of being a graduate then you would have a strong case saying that they took too long. Therefore you can apply anyways. if your employer applied a week before your 2 year anniversary then maybe they will decline your application.

I hope that helped!

Good Luck!
Thanks for the information. I was under impression that they consider when you apply for pre-screen approval..

msmahmood

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sumanthyj said:
Hey Jeshwanth

I got my nomination package yesterday!!!!!!!
Congratulations!!! I am only one month behind you (applied for nomination on July 27th). So i should expect a nomination in like 2 months from now!

msmahmood

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
moelaghil said:
Hey gowthamp,

I hope that helped!

Good Luck!
Hello moelaghil,

you would be correct. I was in that boat. It was going to be two years since my graduation on December 31st 2015, and my company applied for Pre-screen application on August 2015.
The company lawyers talked with immigration department and said if the delay is on their side, they will accommodate it, as the processing time was 3 months and it would have been a whole month extra, they would accommodate.

That being said, the lawyers applied for my nomination on July 27th 2016 and I received an AOR a week ago.

msmahmood

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does anybody know if we can apply for BOWP right after we receive our nomination? or do we have to wait for an ITA.

egoo45

Aug 11, 2015
Hey msmahmood,

My understanding is that you applied under any stream which requires a job pre-screening. None of those stream are Express Entry Streams, therefore you will not receive 600 points towards your express entry profile. Once you are nominated you have to submit a paper application to IRCC. The current processing time for that application is 15 months.

There are only 2 OINP express entry streams and they are the following:
- Ontario Express Entry: Human Capital Priorities
- Ontario Express Entry: French-Speaking Skilled Worker

All other streams require a paper application be sent to IRCC!

I believe in order to apply for a BOWP you need an AOR from IRCC. Which means after you submit an application for Permanent Residency to IRCC. The nomination on it's own, submitting a paper PR application or even getting ITA are not good enough to apply for BOWP. You need IRCC to send you an AOR that they received your PR application to submit an application for a BOWP.

Read the following about what you need to apply for a BOWP:
"When you submit your application, you must provide all supporting documents listed in your document checklist. You must also include a copy of your Acknowledgment of Receipt letter from CIC."

That was taken from the following link under supporting documents:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/permit/extend/permanent.asp

Regards
moelaghil

msmahmood said:
Does anybody know if we can apply for BOWP right after we receive our nomination? or do we have to wait for an ITA.

msmahmood

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
moelaghil said:
Hey msmahmood,

My understanding is that you applied under any stream which requires a job pre-screening. None of those stream are Express Entry Streams, therefore you will not receive 600 points towards your express entry profile. Once you are nominated you have to submit a paper application to IRCC. The current processing time for that application is 15 months.

There are only 2 OINP express entry streams and they are the following:
- Ontario Express Entry: Human Capital Priorities
- Ontario Express Entry: French-Speaking Skilled Worker

All other streams require a paper application be sent to IRCC!

I believe in order to apply for a BOWP you need an AOR from IRCC. Which means after you submit an application for Permanent Residency to IRCC. The nomination on it's own, submitting a paper PR application or even getting ITA are not good enough to apply for BOWP. You need IRCC to send you an AOR that they received your PR application to submit an application for a BOWP.

Read the following about what you need to apply for a BOWP:
"When you submit your application, you must provide all supporting documents listed in your document checklist. You must also include a copy of your Acknowledgment of Receipt letter from CIC."

That was taken from the following link under supporting documents:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/permit/extend/permanent.asp

Regards
moelaghil
Hello Meolaghil,

You are correct, I didn't know this before:

Can I use my nomination from a non-Express Entry Stream for Express Entry?

No. The eligibility requirements for the Express Entry streams are different from the non-Express Entry streams, and the application process also differs.

If you wish to use Express Entry as an Ontario nominee you must have been nominated under Ontario’s Human Capital Priorities Stream, or our French-Speaking Skilled Worker Stream.

I guess i will just use this to extend my stay as my work permit is expiring on December 31st. I am also hopeful it will work out on its own in the express entry as I currently have 469 points, and if they give more points for siblings etc, i should be nominated.

So many things that give me hope but there is nothing concrete :(

msmahmood

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Could you let me know where did you get the 15 month processing time from?
I keep checking the processing time for a PR card and it says 42 days after the application was deemed complete.

sumanthyj

Star Member
Dec 4, 2015
msmahmood said:
Could you let me know where did you get the 15 month processing time from?
I keep checking the processing time for a PR card and it says 42 days after the application was deemed complete.
Hey it's not pr card we are applying for. Check under economic class and provincial nominee. That is we've it shows 15 months.

And for bowp in the nomination package there's a letter of intent from ontario saying we can apply for bowp until we get a decision from ircc, but the work permit will be a closed one to your employer who has done the process on your behalf.

sumanthyj

Star Member
Dec 4, 2015
msmahmood said:
Congratulations!!! I am only one month behind you (applied for nomination on July 27th). So i should expect a nomination in like 2 months from now!
Yes it is possible. I got the nomination in exactly 2 months 20 days after prescreen and submitting docs. So could be around the same time assuming you didn't miss anything