03-12-2016
Nomination.....
17-12-2016
AOR Received.
18-08-2016
Med's Request
Medicals Passed
Hello everyone,

I am in the process of dispatcing my Nominee Application Form in a couple of days. I have a small doubt (rather a funny doubt!).

What is the sequence/order of the documents to be placed in the envelop?

Also, do I have to mark page numbers or document no. for every sheet of paper included?

Please share your valuable inputs. TIA

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
bishgop said:
Hello everyone,

I am in the process of dispatcing my Nominee Application Form in a couple of days. I have a small doubt (rather a funny doubt!).

What is the sequence/order of the documents to be placed in the envelop?

Also, do I have to mark page numbers or document no. for every sheet of paper included?

Please share your valuable inputs. TIA
Arrange it in the order is has been mentioned in the checklist at the end of the OINP Nominee Application Form. You can keep a covering letter in which you can mention the order in which the documents have been arranged.

Since I had lot of documents for my work experience and the whole package weighed around 1.5 kg, I put each section in individual envelopes and pasted a label on the envelope mentioning the contents in the individual envelope and arranged in the fore mentioned order with a covering letter. There is no best way to do it, but at the end of the day, if you put it in order, it becomes easier for them to locate documents and evaluate your case. :)

bishgop

Star Member
May 30, 2015
Bangalore
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2016
Doc's Request.
03-12-2016
Nomination.....
17-12-2016
AOR Received.
18-08-2016
Med's Request
Medicals Passed
Stanlee said:
Arrange it in the order is has been mentioned in the checklist at the end of the OINP Nominee Application Form. You can keep a covering letter in which you can mention the order in which the documents have been arranged.

Since I had lot of documents for my work experience and the whole package weighed around 1.5 kg, I put each section in individual envelopes and pasted a label on the envelope mentioning the contents in the individual envelope and arranged in the fore mentioned order with a covering letter. There is no best way to do it, but at the end of the day, if you put it in order, it becomes easier for them to locate documents and evaluate your case. :)
Thank you Stanlee. This is of great help.

moho1974

Feb 8, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:
Congrats! Good luck and all the very best!
Thanks a lot raj. I am eligible for both Ontario streams but I will choose the the French Speaking stream as french is my first language.

Zoide

Star Member
Sep 15, 2014
Costa Rica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am about to re-create my profile with ~400 points. As far as I know, that means that I will probably get a PT letter for OINP.

However, my IELTS results will be 2 years old in September. Is it OK if I start the OINP process with those results and later in the year (probaly May 21st) take the IELTS again to reset the 2-year countdown? How does that work?

Thanks

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Zoide said:
I am about to re-create my profile with ~400 points. As far as I know, that means that I will probably get a PT letter for OINP.

However, my IELTS results will be 2 years old in September. Is it OK if I start the OINP process with those results and later in the year (probaly May 21st) take the IELTS again to reset the 2-year countdown? How does that work?

Thanks
You can re-take the IELTS test and update OINP. You can go ahead with the process.

Having said that, if you (god forbid) get lower scores in IELTS and your CRS goes down below 400, you cannot continue with your application. You might have to withdraw it.

Please note that you must maintain a CRS > 400 till you submit your e-APR to be eligible to hold OINP nomination. The only exception seems to be the age - if you get older after you get your PT letter from the province and you lose points because of that, then, you might be fine.

pavans

Jan 25, 2016
Hi Raj,

Here is my case, Please suggest me how this can be done

Currently my CRS is 401(along with spouse), receive OINP invitaion on Feb 2nd, sent the docs to OINP and reached by 11th of FEB. now my concern is that after 01-June, my CRS will drops to some 5 points because of AGE which is nearly mopre than 100 days to go.
If i receive AOR before June 1st am i safe to get nomination?
and if i receive AOR after 01-June, what will be the impact and whats the alternatives for me?

Appreciating your help

bishgop

Star Member
May 30, 2015
Bangalore
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2016
Doc's Request.
03-12-2016
Nomination.....
17-12-2016
AOR Received.
18-08-2016
Med's Request
Medicals Passed
Hi Raj,

I just realized I don't have Certified True Copies of my Senior secondary, Bachelor's degree and Master's degree. I just have the ECA report.

Do I need to get it done?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
bishgop said:
Hi Raj,

I just realized I don't have Certified True Copies of my Senior secondary, Bachelor's degree and Master's degree. I just have the ECA report.

Do I need to get it done?
Certified true copies are required only for Canadian degrees. For foreign degrees, a copy of the degree certificate and ECA report will suffice. No notarization is required. Plus, you need to get these documents only for the degree that you are claiming points for. You don't need secondary certificates!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
pavans said:
Hi Raj,

Here is my case, Please suggest me how this can be done

Currently my CRS is 401(along with spouse), receive OINP invitaion on Feb 2nd, sent the docs to OINP and reached by 11th of FEB. now my concern is that after 01-June, my CRS will drops to some 5 points because of AGE which is nearly mopre than 100 days to go.
If i receive AOR before June 1st am i safe to get nomination?
and if i receive AOR after 01-June, what will be the impact and whats the alternatives for me?

Appreciating your help
AFAIK (though not officially mentioned), OINP does not care if your points fall below 400 because of age AFTER you get your PT. I believe some people have clarified this with OINP via e-mail.

rafzy - Do you know someone who confirmed it with OINP?

gp0504

Star Member
Jan 2, 2016
Hi,

I am preparing documents for an OINP nomination. My wife is the primary applicant. She has a total work experience of about 13 years out of which we have declared only the 6 relevant years in the EE profile and the NOC was based on the same. The other experience is not in line with the NOC so we have not declared it in the EE profile. Now when we are preparing her resume, do we remove that experience or still keep it even though its not in line with the NOC.

Please suggest.

Thanks

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
gp0504 said:
Hi,

I am preparing documents for an OINP nomination. My wife is the primary applicant. She has a total work experience of about 13 years out of which we have declared only the 6 relevant years in the EE profile and the NOC was based on the same. The other experience is not in line with the NOC so we have not declared it in the EE profile. Now when we are preparing her resume, do we remove that experience or still keep it even though its not in line with the NOC.

Please suggest.

Thanks
I believe I have already answered this. Whatever is mentioned on the resume will NOT impact your nomination application!

bishgop

Star Member
May 30, 2015
Bangalore
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2016
Doc's Request.
03-12-2016
Nomination.....
17-12-2016
AOR Received.
18-08-2016
Med's Request
Medicals Passed
rajkamalmohanram said:
Certified true copies are required only for Canadian degrees. For foreign degrees, a copy of the degree certificate and ECA report will suffice. No notarization is required. Plus, you need to get these documents only for the degree that you are claiming points for. You don't need secondary certificates!
Oh such a relief! Thanks a lot. Can I buy you a drink? :)

Funkdakarma

Jun 7, 2011
Stanlee said:
I rarely know a case where the HR has agreed to issue a letter without knowing the purpose for which the letter is being issued. If you are getting it from HR, also be ready for the fact that they might receive a verification call with regard to your job/work experience. In this regard, it would be wise to let them know in the first place itself. After all, you are not leaving them for a competitor, you are only trying to better your life by immigrating and there is nothing wrong in it. You can assure them that you will be around at least for 6-8 months, and this is what I did.
Thanks very much Stanlee!