Ontario Express Entry - Received PT Notification of Interest from Ontario

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
reet10 said:
Hi Everyone,

My friend received Ontario invite letter yesterday. He is from India and got 432 points. He got no relatives in Ontario/Canada.
My query is as per Application Guide for Ontario Human Capital Priorities Stream, one must score 67 points. But my friend got only 61 points as per the grid mentioned in that document. So, he should apply to Ontario or not.
And why Ontario send him the invite letter in first place if it is mandatory to score 67 points, when all the details are mentioned already in the profile correctly by the candidate.

It's very confusing. ???
If they have only 61 points, they aren't eligible for FSW. Are they eligible under any other program? CEC? Ontario sends invites only to eligible EE applicants who have a CRS of 400+ and at least a Bachelors.

reet10

Star Member
Apr 25, 2014
Thanks Avisad.
No he is applying from India, have bachelors degree in Computer Science, 3+ years experience, 7.5 bands in IELTS. So he can only apply in FSWP.
One thing I want to ask is if a person has relatives in BC then can he/she apply for Ontario.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
reet10 said:
Thanks Avisad.
No he is applying from India, have bachelors degree in Computer Science, 3+ years experience, 7.5 bands in IELTS. So he can only apply in FSWP.
One thing I want to ask is if a person has relatives in BC then can he/she apply for Ontario.
In that case, their FSW points are being calculated incorrectly. Check with them again. They cannot have an eligible profile in the pool without scoring at least 67/100.

Having a relative elsewhere in Canada doesn't make you ineligible for OINP. But Ontario looks at your overall application including 'Ties to Ontario' and settlement plans while making a decision. If you have a strong and well articulated plan, that should still see you through despite having relatives in BC.

sameer_mobin

Aug 17, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
01-Dec-2016
AOR Received.
16-Jan-2017
Med's Request
Upfront-Passed (3-Feb-2017)
Passport Req..
31-07-2017
Asivad Anac said:
In that case, their FSW points are being calculated incorrectly. Check with them again. They cannot have an eligible profile in the pool without scoring at least 67/100.

Having a relative elsewhere in Canada doesn't make you ineligible for OINP. But Ontario looks at your overall application including 'Ties to Ontario' and settlement plans while making a decision. If you have a strong and well articulated plan, that should still see you through despite having relatives in BC.
Dear Asivad,

I created my EE profile on 10th October. My score is 440. I still haven't received PT Notification. Do you think I should recreate my profile?

Jicjoc

Oct 31, 2015
So i was nominated for PNP by ontario with 465 points. I am trying to fill out the application form for pnp inder fsw plan. But in the form it asks me for my address and the adress is hard coded to a canadian address. But i live overseas at the moment. Does this mean i have the wrong form or i am not eligible for pnp? Thank you. The form in question is the 0205E pdf from the onip site...

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sameer_mobin said:
Dear Asivad,

I created my EE profile on 10th October. My score is 440. I still haven't received PT Notification. Do you think I should recreate my profile?
No harm in trying that. Ontario has become increasingly stingy with their invites so there is no guarantee that you would definitely receive an invite in 2015.

All the best!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jicjoc said:
So i was nominated for PNP by ontario with 465 points. I am trying to fill out the application form for pnp inder fsw plan. But in the form it asks me for my address and the adress is hard coded to a canadian address. But i live overseas at the moment. Does this mean i have the wrong form or i am not eligible for pnp? Thank you. The form in question is the 0205E pdf from the onip site...
With a score of 465, you will get a regular ITA in the next 1/2 draws. There is no reason to apply to OINP with that score.

farazh89

Star Member
Sep 10, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Asivad

I have few doubts regarding OINP application

1. My name in birth certificate is different than the one in all my other documents. Please suggest if I show my birth certificate with LOE or instead show my 10th standard certificate which has a same name as my passport.
2. My current employer will not give me a letter with roles and responsibilities. I have to get it from my manager. Do I write the letter and get it signed by him or should he be the one drafting the letter? Is there a particular format? Does it need to be on a stamp paper/notarized?
3. I am taking POF from my parents? The gift deed should be notarized as well?

Thanks in advance :)

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
^ Sorry, I'm not Asivad, I guess she's too busy celebrating, but maybe I can help. ;)

1. Submit all of them, then list your birth certificate name in the application form under aliases/other names. You can also include an LoE if you want, but it should be OK if you state it in the application form directly.
2. Getting it from your manager is fine, but I also suggest including even a generic certificate of employment from your company, then give an LoE that your company refused to give the detailed descriptions.
3. Recommended.

shashidhar_sm

May 21, 2015
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
07-07-2017
bellaluna said:
^ Sorry, I'm not Asivad, I guess she's too busy celebrating, but maybe I can help. ;)

1. Submit all of them, then list your birth certificate name in the application form under aliases/other names. You can also include an LoE if you want, but it should be OK if you state it in the application form directly.
2. Getting it from your manager is fine, but I also suggest including even a generic certificate of employment from your company, then give an LoE that your company refused to give the detailed descriptions.
3. Recommended.
Thank you, that answered a few of my questions as well.

And about LoE: should I write just one LoE for everything, or one for each section (PoF, employment, etc)?

ppahuja

Apr 29, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shashidhar_sm said:
Thank you, that answered a few of my questions as well.

And about LoE: should I write just one LoE for everything, or one for each section (PoF, employment, etc)?
There is no specific format as such. However, it is recommended to write LOE wherever you feel providing a preface information about your attached documents in that section will help visa officer assess your case properly

sameer_mobin

Aug 17, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
01-Dec-2016
AOR Received.
16-Jan-2017
Med's Request
Passport Req..
31-07-2017
Asivad Anac said:
No harm in trying that. Ontario has become increasingly stingy with their invites so there is no guarantee that you would definitely receive an invite in 2015.

All the best!
Dear Asivad,

The thing is I applied to PEI PNP last week by filling up a simple form and this week I will be applying to Nova Scotia PNP. For both these applications, I am stating my current EE profile number.

In case I recreate my profile I will be given a new EE No. and I would have to tell PEI via e-mail that my EE profile has changed. That seems inappropriate and can also raise some eyebrows at PEI.

What do you think?

I have CRS 440 , next year in September it will be 465. And if luck strikes maybe CRS comes to 440 sometime in 2016. Maybe I stay a bit patient on this than recreating profile.

Whats your take on this? Just a general opinion. Your advice would not count towards my decision in any way. So please do let me know.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sameer_mobin said:
Dear Asivad,

The thing is I applied to PEI PNP last week by filling up a simple form and this week I will be applying to Nova Scotia PNP. For both these applications, I am stating my current EE profile number.

In case I recreate my profile I will be given a new EE No. and I would have to tell PEI via e-mail that my EE profile has changed. That seems inappropriate and can also raise some eyebrows at PEI.

What do you think?

I have CRS 440 , next year in September it will be 465. And if luck strikes maybe CRS comes to 440 sometime in 2016. Maybe I stay a bit patient on this than recreating profile.

Whats your take on this? Just a general opinion. Your advice would not count towards my decision in any way. So please do let me know.
In this case, I would advise something I wouldn't normally do - create another EE profile. By doing that, you won't jeopardize your chances with the 2 provinces you have applied to and still be in with a chance for an OINP invite. You can always withdraw this second profile at any point in time.

Worst case scenario, you would still receive a regular ITA next September. By the way, appreciate your honest confirmation that my advice wouldn't influence your decision in any way. The intelligent person takes in all the information and then decides for themselves so that when it cuts to the chase they cannot blame or praise anyone for their decision(s) except themselves! :)

All the best!

sameer_mobin

Aug 17, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
01-Dec-2016
AOR Received.
16-Jan-2017
Med's Request
Passport Req..
31-07-2017
Asivad Anac said:
In this case, I would advise something I wouldn't normally do - create another EE profile. By doing that, you won't jeopardize your chances with the 2 provinces you have applied to and still be in with a chance for an OINP invite. You can always withdraw this second profile at any point in time.

Worst case scenario, you would still receive a regular ITA next September. By the way, appreciate your honest confirmation that my advice wouldn't influence your decision in any way. The intelligent person takes in all the information and then decides for themselves so that when it cuts to the chase they cannot blame or praise anyone for their decision(s) except themselves! :)

All the best!
Dear Asivad, I know this is an irrelevant forum for my query. But just a short query.

I am applying to Nova Scotia PNP. However, I am thinking that its already end of the year and maybe next year they revamp their system. In that case, my paper based application may be discarded or may take more time than their new system in 2016. I dont know whether they discard old applications or what because I am new to all this process.

In your opinion, do you think I should courier them my application package or be patient and apply in 2016?

**Again, your opinion wouldn't count toward my decision.So please fee free to say what you want to.**