Sep 26, 2008
Thanks DNA:

Your should come soon, too.

dnataraj said:
yrinaldy said:
All:

Just got my passport request today!

I have 60 days to submit -

Good luck to all!! Man, finally after long process and wait is over!!!

Have a great weekend!!
CONGRATULATIONS yrinaldy!!

Celebrate the victory on weekend!!

ainpdude

Nov 29, 2008
yrinaldy said:
Thanks DNA:

Your should come soon, too.

dnataraj said:
yrinaldy said:
All:

Just got my passport request today!

I have 60 days to submit -

Good luck to all!! Man, finally after long process and wait is over!!!

Have a great weekend!!
CONGRATULATIONS yrinaldy!!

Celebrate the victory on weekend!!
congrats yrin !!!! now you owe all of us some chill pills !!! :)

enjoy the freedom !

sukhminder

Star Member
Oct 30, 2008
kimfromindia said:
No proof of employment was requested as i sent my H1B approval and letter of employment from company with the initial documents...Only state PCC and RPRF was requested which i sent around end of june..RPRF was cashed on july 6th and LA letter for passport request is dated 6th july.....I am sending my passport for stamping by post........................Good Luck to All....
Before you received your PPR what did your eCas say about your medicals? Did it say:

"We started processing your application on May XX, 2009.

We transferred your application to the XXXX office on May XX, 2009. The XXXX office may contact you.

Medical results have been received."

yrinaldy

Star Member
Sep 26, 2008
To Chow:

Did you go to NYC and get your stamping in person? I read it somewhere NYC only do stamp on Thursday. So, if I were to go next week, I will need to go again the following Thursday to pick it up. Is this correct?

Anyone can shed a light on this? -- or article somewhere in regards to passport stamping in NY?

The instructions I was given only has mailing instructions - nothing else. I'd like to go in person for the stamping - reading lots of ppl that opted for mailing, it could take 1 month before they get it back.

sukhminder

Star Member
Oct 30, 2008
yrinaldy said:
To Chow:

Did you go to NYC and get your stamping in person? I read it somewhere NYC only do stamp on Thursday. So, if I were to go next week, I will need to go again the following Thursday to pick it up. Is this correct?

Anyone can shed a light on this? -- or article somewhere in regards to passport stamping in NY?

The instructions I was given only has mailing instructions - nothing else. I'd like to go in person for the stamping - reading lots of ppl that opted for mailing, it could take 1 month before they get it back.
My strong suggestion to you buddy...go in Person. Chow went one Thursday and then again went the following Thursday to pick up the passport.He might not reply you because he might already be in Edmonton and occupied.

ainpdude

Nov 29, 2008
yrinaldy said:
To Chow:

Since chow must be njoying in Edmonton I will quote him from other forum :

"they asked me to submit within 60days, you can submit passports in-person and in auth form you can opt return in mail-in option. I opted pick-up option and they given me a slip with date(pass) to collect passport. If you don't go and collect the passport on that date, I think they will mail you to the address you mentioned in that form.

Btw, they printed visa on my passport on June 29.(Monday). You could also provide the pre-paid envelope for return mail. I might have received it mail on June 30 or July 1st, if i would submit the pre-paid envelope for return mail."

yrinaldy

Star Member
Sep 26, 2008
ainpdude:

I read Chow comments on trackitt - however, in the instructions I was given, it doesn't have anything like he was describing. There is no auth-form, or opt-in mail in option. Only has 1 page of mailing instructions, 1 page of disclosure form, and 1 page of instructions.

Must be form you filled-out while you are there at the NYC office.

ainpdude said:
yrinaldy said:
To Chow:

Since chow must be njoying in Edmonton I will quote him from other forum :

"they asked me to submit within 60days, you can submit passports in-person and in auth form you can opt return in mail-in option. I opted pick-up option and they given me a slip with date(pass) to collect passport. If you don't go and collect the passport on that date, I think they will mail you to the address you mentioned in that form.

Btw, they printed visa on my passport on June 29.(Monday). You could also provide the pre-paid envelope for return mail. I might have received it mail on June 30 or July 1st, if i would submit the pre-paid envelope for return mail."

ainpdude

Nov 29, 2008
yrinaldy said:
ainpdude:

I read Chow comments on trackitt - however, in the instructions I was given, it doesn't have anything like he was describing. There is no auth-form, or opt-in mail in option. Only has 1 page of mailing instructions, 1 page of disclosure form, and 1 page of instructions.

ainpdude said:
yrinaldy said:
To Chow:

yeah its quite possible that it is the form they gave it to him in NY consulate office when he was there in person.
you might want to call NY consulate and talk to them... i am sure they will answer since this not a immigration case related
question but a general logistical one....

yrin one quick ques : can you tell the date on that PPR letter ?

yrinaldy

Star Member
Sep 26, 2008
Yeah, I am going to call them and ask.

The date on PPR letter is July 13 (same date my eCas status changed to "Medical Results have been received")

ainpdude said:
yrinaldy said:
ainpdude:

ainpdude said:
yrinaldy said:
To Chow:

yeah its quite possible that it is the form they gave it to him in NY consulate office when he was there in person.
you might want to call NY consulate and talk to them... i am sure they will answer since this not a immigration case related
question but a general logistical one....

yrin one quick ques : can you tell the date on that PPR letter ?

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
Wooohoooo congratulations yrinaldy !!! what a news for the weekend!!!!!

BTW do you happen to have your case in http://www.trackitt.com/... to see your time line if not could you please posted it here... I am also waiting to hear something from NY...... some day :)))

BTW this is the link of NY contact information and it contains information about submitting your passport in person and by mail.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/new_york/imm/general_info-rens_generaux.aspx?lang=eng&menu_id=206&menu=L

ainpdude

Nov 29, 2008
ingegarcia said:
Wooohoooo congratulations yrinaldy !!! what a news for the weekend!!!!!

BTW do you happen to have your case in trackitt.com/... to see your time line if not could you please posted it here... I am also waiting to hear something from NY...... some day :)))

BTW this is the link of NY contact information and it contains information about submitting your passport in person and by mail.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/new_york/imm/general_info-rens_generaux.aspx?lang=eng&menu_id=206&menu=L
thx ... wondering if the PPR submission rules changed and they are no longer taking
PP in person ,,, :

"Submissions of passports are only accepted by mail. Passports are returned by mail within 30 business days. This does not include mailing time. "

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
This is interesting... the page update date is "Date Modified: 2009-07-14"

sukhminder

Star Member
Oct 30, 2008
ingegarcia said:
This is interesting... the update date is "Date Modified: 2009-07-14"
You are true Inge, the Date Modified on that document is 14th June...now wots up with that...lol. May be yrin will get to know better once he calls NY...good eye though inge :)

C

cchabert

Ups...not fair I want to visit NY waiting for my visa...bbbbuuuaaaa... :,,,,-(