File Transfer...
06-12-2016
Med's Done....
29-09-2016
Interview........
Not applicable
Passport Req..
14-05-2017
Once you will get the medical request, you will find a Form 'A' attached with your medical request. There will be other forms and your DMP (Designated Medical Practitioner) will have it. These other forms are 'B', 'E' etc.

When you will go to the DMP for medical, he/she will ask you to fill Form 'B'.

Form 'B' will ask your medical history.

It will be the first thing you will do before you will see the doctor.

Remember - Form 'B' is an immigration form and not some kind of form from your DMP or any other doctor.

Best Regards

Manny said:
Is there any health declaration form we need to fill it while at the test? Like listing out all the health issues we've had in the past 5 years? Or is it left to the medical examiner to find out thru these tests?

arajesh5

Star Member
Aug 31, 2008
Sad state of affairs for me guys ...

I am in Buffalo, NY now. I crossed over into Canada across the Peace Bridge - and appropriately was sent to the immigration canada's office there. After like a 20 minute wait - an officer called me. He asked me if I had an address in Alberta. I said No. He asked me if I have a rental apartment in Alberta. I said No. He asked me if I have a job in Alberta. I said No. After a while he went inside - came back and asked me for the Manitoba (my friends') address I had. He went back in. Came out again - and said his conscience does not tell him I am wanting to live in Alberta. He directed me towards US. I crossed the border back into the US. US officers took less than 5 minutes to check my passport. They let me in. I am now in Niagara Falls.

The officer in Canada asked me to come back Monday 9 AM alberta time (11 AM Niagara Falls time). He told me he will call up Alberta AINP / CIC and check if I should be let in.

Thinking .... Feeling irritated. The US atleast let me in. The moments I spent crossing the bridge back to the US ... sheesh - was so bad. I was in no man's land then. lol ... either way - finished venting ... pass me your thoughts pls..

cheers,

I

insideofrightnow

albertatj said:
back ground check - how many countries or states have u stayed and company who does ur back ground - say if have one perm address for a long time in big city in India then background is easy compare to small town.
Umm, I am sorry guys, but are you saying that they have companies that does the background check in all of the countries around the world where we lived in the past? I thought it was just the PCC and FBI papers that they are concerned about?? I have few countries that I lived at... I hope that that doesn't cause me to be delayed...

Avalap

Star Member
Jul 2, 2010
Manny said:
Is there any health declaration form we need to fill it while at the test? Like listing out all the health issues we've had in the past 5 years? Or is it left to the medical examiner to find out thru these tests?

Yes, You do need to file all the information related to your health and medical history at the doctors office. The information will be part of your medical records for CIC.

My understanding is that except for serious health issues like HIV, Syphilis,Sugar and TB, All other minor health problems like BP, Cholestrol etc wont be an obstacle.

Hope this helps

Avalap

Star Member
Jul 2, 2010
arajesh5 said:

I am in Buffalo, NY now. I crossed over into Canada across the Peace Bridge - and appropriately was sent to the immigration canada's office there. After like a 20 minute wait - an officer called me. He asked me if I had an address in Alberta. I said No. He asked me if I have a rental apartment in Alberta. I said No. He asked me if I have a job in Alberta. I said No. After a while he went inside - came back and asked me for the Manitoba (my friends') address I had. He went back in. Came out again - and said his conscience does not tell him I am wanting to live in Alberta. He directed me towards US. I crossed the border back into the US. US officers took less than 5 minutes to check my passport. They let me in. I am now in Niagara Falls.

The officer in Canada asked me to come back Monday 9 AM alberta time (11 AM Niagara Falls time). He told me he will call up Alberta AINP / CIC and check if I should be let in.

Thinking .... Feeling irritated. The US atleast let me in. The moments I spent crossing the bridge back to the US ... sheesh - was so bad. I was in no man's land then. lol ... either way - finished venting ... pass me your thoughts pls..

cheers,
Hi Arajesh,

Am surprised, sad and shocked to know your agony and bad experience at the port of entry. Dont worry and be optimistic.

I think the visa officer at the port of entry either wanted more info to complete your application s (like your temporary address in Alberta, Contacts.. etc) or was either unaware of the PR landing formalities at Ontario for other province nominees .

Wondering what time did you go to the Immigration office at the port of entry? Am asking so because I think during non business hours (between 9pm-7am) the immigration office is not fully staffed. (I may be wrong also).

Before you go back to the immigration office at the port of entry, make sure you have the following

1. An address in Alberta - ( Hotel or Friend's place )
2. Convincing answers as to why you are landing in Ontario instead of Alberta
3. Have some answers on - moving your luggage and family to Alberta at a later stage, Job notice period in US

Believe me Canadian immigration officers are very friendly and helpful. Am sure you would be OK.
Good Luck and keep us posted.

Avalap

Star Member
Jul 2, 2010
cooldeepforyou said:
Hi Priya or Anyone who have done medical , can you guys advice that do they test about diabeties too or for high sugar levels ?? Or what is the medical process ..like your experience there...
Yes, Diabetes (Sugar levels) do matter and are tested in your Urine Analysis.

arajesh5

Star Member
Aug 31, 2008
Thank you for your kind words Avalap. I am preparing myself to talk better this time. I had no clue I would face such a situation. Rather, my ignorance may be.

I have no1 and simply know nobody in Alberta.

>>>> Can anyone here give me your address in Alberta please ? May be that ll save me :(. <<<<

Thanks again.

Avalap said:
Hi Arajesh,

Am surprised, sad and shocked to know your agony and bad experience at the port of entry. Dont worry and be optimistic.

I think the visa officer at the port of entry either wanted more info to complete your application s (like your temporary address in Alberta, Contacts.. etc) or was either unaware of the PR landing formalities at Ontario for other province nominees .

Wondering what time did you go to the Immigration office at the port of entry? Am asking so because I think during non business hours (between 9pm-7am) the immigration office is not fully staffed. (I may be wrong also).

Before you go back to the immigration office at the port of entry, make sure you have the following

3. Have some answers on - moving your luggage and family to Alberta at a later stage, Job notice period in US

Believe me Canadian immigration officers are very friendly and helpful. Am sure you would be OK.

albertaorbust

Feb 8, 2009
arajesh5 said:

cheers,

Rajesh,

Can't you tell them your are just doing landing formalities for now, and in couple of months when you wrap up your US job/home and personal things then you will go to Alberta. Thousands of people cross the border, complete the landings, apply for SIN #, open a bank account and come back to US.

arajesh5

Star Member
Aug 31, 2008
Yeah Orbust, I am trying to sum up some points in my favour. I plan to add yours to my talking when I go there Monday morning. Lets see. The officer I talked to today has written on my immigration account that his conscience says I wont go to Alberta. I do not know what that means. He also said he will call up Alberta PNP/CIC on Monday to see if me producing a Manitoba address would be okay.

:)

Thks a bunch for replying :)

albertaorbust said:
Rajesh,

Can't you tell them your are just doing landing formalities for now, and in couple of months when you wrap up your US job/home and personal things then you will go to Alberta. Thousands of people cross the border, complete the landings, apply for SIN #, open a bank account and come back to US.

Manny

Dec 31, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, US
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 30, 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 25, 2009
Nomination.....
Dec 07, 2009 CIC App. Filed.: Mar 15, 2010
AOR Received.
Jul 06, 2010
Med's Request
Jul 06, 2010
Med's Done....
Jul 15, 2010 File transferred: Nov 10, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 15, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 23, 2010
LANDED..........
Apr 07, 2011
arajesh5 - you too are a victim of Murphy's law, as I was for the US immigration! Don't worry things will be alright soon.

Other points you'd want to consider talking to are:
a. You plan to go to Alberta right after you finish the US contract (make sure u have something about the contract if asked for) - or give some other valid reason with proof to show
b. You have enough $$ to support you for 6 months (if required during job search).
c. You intend to start looking out for a job soon (from US) so that you will not have to wait for b. to occur. Getting the PR now relieves you of your worries of long term stay in NAmerica.
d. You expect to get a job fairly quickly and Alberta has one of the lowest unemployment rates in Canada. Check and use data from these links; but dont be too bookish:
http://www.statcan.gc.ca/subjects-sujets/labour-travail/lfs-epa/lfs-epa-eng.htm
http://www.hrmguide.net/canada/jobmarket/canadian-unemployment.htm

Cheers and best of luck.

arajesh5 said:
Yeah Orbust, I am trying to sum up some points in my favour. I plan to add yours to my talking when I go there Monday morning. Lets see. The officer I talked to today has written on my immigration account that his conscience says I wont go to Alberta. I do not know what that means. He also said he will call up Alberta PNP/CIC on Monday to see if me producing a Manitoba address would be okay.

josephdadreamer

Nov 24, 2008
arajesh5 said:

arajesh5,

Always carry with you your self-confidence and determination.

albertatj

Star Member
Mar 22, 2009
Hi Rajesh,
I know its easy to give advise and extremely difficult to be in that position but here is few cents from my side.

From your conversation with officer it looks like you never tried to talk more or convince officer just answered Yes and No (mostly No) I think instead of just saying No you should have answered with explanation or try to convince officer that you have intention to live and settle in Canada but:
1. No , I dont have apartment or anything there , how can I have I have not yet landed and I dont think anyone will give me apt on rent from US..when I dont have any legal status in Canada (Read dnataraj's post on this, he answered cleverly to this question and put the question to officer's court- Can I get an apartment without landing or valid status? - I am here to perform my landing formality.
2. as you have (they mention in their letter I believe ) mentioned I can not leave my US job or dispose things I have here before getting PR.
3. Buffalo was convenient and near from my place so I am doing landing here and will go to alberta in next XX week\month.
4. I will fax you my alberta address ASAP- depends on how soon you give PR or finish landing formality.

Avalap said:
Hi Arajesh,

kv_ajay

Star Member
Feb 7, 2009
Guys,

Got my medicals today. CIC application sent with all certificates on 12th march and check encashed on 30th March. Package was sent on 28 June and online status is still showing nothing.
I did not see request for RPRF fee with medical.

I got 2 medicals (me and spouse), one sticker sheet and one information sheet with receipt for previous fees. I am planning to send RPRF fees along with this application.
Can anyone elaborate where the reference on site is for sending this RPRF fees and methods etc.

Thanks,

wantabnomination

Star Member
Oct 28, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 7 2010
Doc's Request.
Never
Nomination.....
May 8 2010
Any Reply?
wantabnomination said:
Hello Guys, I am about to send my application to CIC but I saw on nomination their address is
Consulate General of Canada
Immigration Regional Program Center
3000 HSBC Center
Buffalo, NY 14203-2844
but on CIC site
its same except
1 HSBC Center, Suite 3000.

Let me know who have already sent used which format.

thanks

hoogirl

Star Member
Mar 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/04/09 (AINP)
Doc's Request.
24/03/2010 (AINP)
Nomination.....
27/05/2010
AOR Received.
13/11/2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
13/11/2010
Med's Done....
17/11/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01/04/2011
VISA ISSUED...
12/04/2011 (In-Person stamping)
LANDED..........
23/06/2011
wantabnomination said:
Any Reply?
Hi, that address is one and the same...just a slight variation in arrangement....Parcels will be delivered to Suite 3000 of the HSBC center regardless. Hope this helps.