+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ONLY - Who submitted CIC-AINP(SRS-U.S. Visa Holder Category) application

nomad_musafir

Jan 13, 2009
dnataraj said:
1. I am stuck here for last 3 months and no idea whether they have transferred my case to NY (probability is high as I live in New York).

2. My FBI fingerprints are in my apartment in the US and the apartment keys are here with me.
nataraj,
it looks like you are almost there. it is really commendable how you have managed to keep focused on the cic process despite all the hurdles. hope everything works out for you.

my 2 cents regarding your post:
1. it looks like they are transferring everbody's ainp-h1b cases to ny.
2. i am confused - why did you not submit the fbi fingerprints along with your cic application? since you have been out of the country for past 3 months, the certificate is almost certainly expired. how do you plan on getting a fresh set of your fingerprints done?

good luck!

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
akk said:
Thank you sooooo much for your reply. I feel so sorry for your situation!! Thanks for your advice, I hope my AOR arrives this week. It has been 2 months and a half now, and I lost my job this week, friday wil be my last day, my employer will not report me, but staying here is a waste of money for me. I just need medicals to leave........................sooo frustrating...

Akk
Hi Akk, sorry to hear that... if you have been waiting for 2 1/2 months that means that your AOR will be mailed soon along with the medicals....
good luck!!

bendjoe

Aug 23, 2008
Probably CIC is getting more applications courtesy of AINP H1B. And given the economic situation in Canada they might be slowing it down.

@akk
You can try arranging some one to check the mails for you if you don't get it by this month end just like dna did. But find a more reliable person.

akk

Sep 2, 2008
Thanks for the advice....but can't do that, the anxiety would be worse...
I am going to write an email to buffalo, hoope the answer.

Akk

bendjoe said:
Probably CIC is getting more applications courtesy of AINP H1B. And given the economic situation in Canada they might be slowing it down.

@akk
You can try arranging some one to check the mails for you if you don't get it by this month end just like dna did. But find a more reliable person.

AlbertaAINP

Star Member
Feb 25, 2009
Akk,

This is what you can do:

1) Open a PO Box with your local post office. I think the minimum required period for a PO Box is 6 months. It is not very expensive - s/b around $50.00 for 6 months.

2) Forward all your mails to this PO box address.

3) Give the PO box key to your friend. Ask him to collect the mails once in 2 weeks (or at his convenience). Remember they are small and gets filled pretty soon.

4) Advice him which ones to send to your home country.

This way you will receive all your important mails forwarded to you. But the important factor here is - YOU NEED A FRIEND WHO CAN DO THIS FOR YOU.

The PO box will be automatically cancelled if you do not renew it.

Hope this helps...

mango.lassee

Star Member
Dec 28, 2008
Hi Akk,

Sorry to hear about your job. Have you considered changing to visitor/student visa in the US or getting a TRV for Canada? At least you will be in the US/Canada till your CIC paperwork, etc. is complete.

akk said:
Thank you sooooo much for your reply. I feel so sorry for your situation!! Thanks for your advice, I hope my AOR arrives this week. It has been 2 months and a half now, and I lost my job this week, friday wil be my last day, my employer will not report me, but staying here is a waste of money for me. I just need medicals to leave........................sooo frustrating...

Akk

akk

Sep 2, 2008
No, because I just want the AOR and medicals to be able to leave US. I tried to get an employer in Canda, with no success at all.
I could be here until the end of the year (when my H1B expires), since my employer will not report me, but I don't want to, and even if I wanted, I don't have money to support myself for too long...
Just went to the mail box, and nothing yet...I am going to write an email to Buffalo today.

Akk

mango.lassee said:
Hi Akk,

Sorry to hear about your job. Have you considered changing to visitor/student visa in the US or getting a TRV for Canada? At least you will be in the US/Canada till your CIC paperwork, etc. is complete.

akk said:

Akk

akk

Sep 2, 2008
Thanks about your suggestion AlbertaAINP, I will wait this week and the next one, hope I don't need to create the PO box address....

Akk

AlbertaAINP said:
Akk,

This is what you can do:

1) Open a PO Box with your local post office. I think the minimum required period for a PO Box is 6 months. It is not very expensive - s/b around $50.00 for 6 months.

2) Forward all your mails to this PO box address.

3) Give the PO box key to your friend. Ask him to collect the mails once in 2 weeks (or at his convenience). Remember they are small and gets filled pretty soon.

4) Advice him which ones to send to your home country.

This way you will receive all your important mails forwarded to you. But the important factor here is - YOU NEED A FRIEND WHO CAN DO THIS FOR YOU.

The PO box will be automatically cancelled if you do not renew it.

Hope this helps...

vsrao

Mar 10, 2009
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Hello,
Does anyone has any slightest idea on the time period Canadian Immigration will provide to guys to move all stuff from US to Canada once all the process is complete? I mean if I get PR (just dreaming and thinking ahead of time.. :) ) and they told me to fly to Alberta, How much time do I have to wrap my things up (house, car, any other belongings.. etc..).

Is it 3 months or 2 months or 15 days?

C

cchabert

My brother in law get 3 months to land, maybe it depends when your medicals expire (they last one year)

Ell.Bee

Jan 18, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb - 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov - 2009
Nomination.....
Dec - 2009 CIC App. Filed..: May 2010
AOR Received.
08-23-2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08-23-2010
Med's Done....
09-09-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
03-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-17-2011
LANDED..........
04-06-2011
That is correct. The medicals have a validity of 1 year. So they stamp the immigrant visa with a validty from 1 year from the day you done your medicals.

akk

Sep 2, 2008
So why do they say you would have 2 years to land (if your medicals are only valid for one year)? Maybe it is not related to medicals...
I read the "2 year landing" on Alberta or CIC website...don't know which one was it....

Akk

Ell.Bee said:
That is correct. The medicals have a validity of 1 year. So they stamp the immigrant visa with a validty from 1 year from the day you done your medicals.