nnwanguma

Jul 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Lagos, Nigeria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Paper visa processing from Nigeria delayed

I applied for a TRV on the 15th of June at the VFS office Lagos Nigeria and till date my application tracking status still says is been processed. Visa application, tracking ID No.20150615CALATRV***** is being processed at the Canada Visa Office . To know more, please call VAC helpline number or visit VAC website.

I contacted the Canada Visa Office Lagos, and they told me that they are till processing application received on the 08 May 2015 and that my application is still awaiting process.

My Auntie's lawyer sent me the invitation on the 28th of May after i was approved of my annual work leave at my place of work in South Africa, and I arrived Nigeria on the 11th of June and submitted on 15th of June.

The problem is that I am working full time in South Africa and my current work permit will expire in the month of August 2015, also i will be attending an interview with my spouse for the process of my PR application in South Africa.

I planned to visit my aunt from 2nd -30th of July 2015 and also attend her 50th Birthday celebration which is on the 19th of July 2015.

Doc submitted:
My Aunt's: IV, Bank Statement, Sworn Affidavit to take care of all my expense during my visit, a letter from her representative, prove of address and her Citizen ID.

My Doc: Land documents, Car papers, a 2years rent lease agreement, Bank statement (24kusd balance), payslip, Contract letter of employment, Work ID, visa copy to Malaysia, Tanzania, South Africa, Mozambique etc, marriage agreement document, flight reservation, letter stating things and place I and my aunt plan to visit, affidavit stating reasons to return to country of resident, copies of all my previous permits, Promotion letter, police clearance certification from SA, and employment verification letter.

Do I have any chance of visa approval under this circumstances? or should i just withdraw my application and re-plan next time to visit my aunt?

Please what do you suggest I do? :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@nnwanguma

One point: As you are working/residing in South Africa, you could have submitted your application at the Pretoria VAC.... the average processing time at the Pretoria VO is 19 days (actual processing time is available on another thread)

Processing time for TRVs at the Lagos visa office is 54 days.... one must also consider up to 10 days for transmission of the visa application/passport from/to the VAC to the visa office. This time frame is only indicative and varies from case to case.

It's impossible for any of us to say what your chances are to get a TRV

You may want to reschedule your visit keeping the processing time in mind

Cheers

nnwanguma

Jul 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Lagos, Nigeria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

@ Bryanna

A colleague at my work place got rejected on the basis that he is not a PR holder from the country of application. I plan on calling my work place to ask for leave extension since my aunt begged me to do so, at least to wait and get the visa and then visa sometime in Dec or January 2016

nnwanguma

Jul 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Lagos, Nigeria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

@ Bryanna

A colleague at my work place got rejected on the basis that he is not a PR holder from the country of application. I plan on calling my work place to ask for leave extension since my aunt begged me to do so, at least to wait and get the visa and then visa sometime in Dec or January 2016

CVIF123

Star Member
Jul 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July4
File Transfer...
September 20th
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
november 10th 2015
Bryanna said:
@ nnwanguma

One point: As you are working/residing in South Africa, you could have submitted your application at the Pretoria VAC.... the average processing time at the Pretoria VO is 19 days (actual processing time is available on another thread)

Processing time for TRVs at the Lagos visa office is 54 days.... one must also consider up to 10 days for transmission of the visa application/passport from/to the VAC to the visa office. This time frame is only indicative and varies from case to case.

It's impossible for any of us to say what your chances are to get a TRV

You may want to reschedule your visit keeping the processing time in mind

Cheers
I think i am posting in the right thread!!

I am applying TRV through online visitor visa portal, i am planning to visit Canada less than 6 months, as per CIC website it says no need of Medical if it is less than 6 months, so how could i fill in online TRV medical filed ??, as it is required document to submit application.

bhavikguy

Jun 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-02-2014
File Transfer...
11-03-2014
Passport Req..
29-10-2014
Hi, my mother-in-law got her visitor visa and wants to visit us in Regina, SK. My concern is she does not speak english at all and has never travelled in a plane before.

Is anyone coming to Canada from Mumbai, India soon this month?

options i am looking for:

mumbai to regina
mumbai to calgary

if not mumbai then any other city?

please comment if someone can help.....

Hello friends

May 4, 2015
Thank you Bryana.

I appreciate your response. Her visa office is New Delhi.

Do you know the email address.

Thank you

Sameer

Hello friends said:
Hello Friends,

In new to this forum. May be I am not posting this message in the right place. Please excuse me for that. I have a tricky situation.

My mom has a 5 years multiple visa for canada which expires in September 2015. However she is planning to visit my sister this August and stay there until December 2015. My question is, can she apply for her new multiple visa before the previous one expires or does she need to wait until expiry of her old visa. Seniors please advise. I am confused.

Thank you

Sameer

rohit_vrb

Aug 5, 2015
Re: Online visa processing from India delayed - july2015

Hello friends My name is rohit Sharma and i have applied visitor visa for canada on dated 09 july2015,it is showing that your visa application is being processed at canada visa office,chandigarh.can any one knows how much time it may take.

Thanks & Regards

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
rohit_vrb said:
Hello friends My name is rohit Sharma and i have applied visitor visa for canada on dated 09 july2015,it is showing that your visa application is being processed at canada visa office,chandigarh.can any one knows how much time it may take.

Thanks & Regards
Hi Rohit,

Current average processing time for TRVs at the CHD visa office is 16 days.

You can get an idea of the actual processing time here: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/processing-time-for-visitor-visa-at-chandigarh-office-t302437.15.html

Cheers