+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online visa processing from India delayed - May 2015

varungp

May 15, 2015
My parents applied online for visitor visa on May 2nd. Even though they are from Kerala, the visa is being processed in New Delhi.

There has been no update since then. Sent case specific inquiries to both NewDelhi and Bangalore. That is when I got to know from Bangalore consulate that the visa is being processed in New Delhi.

Any idea the processing is taking time? Processing time for NewDelhi visa office is 6 days. Anyone else with same problem? Any idea why this would be the case?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Varun,

Normally, their TRV applications should be processed by the Bangalore consulate (paper applications) as they are based in Kerala. However, it is possible for NDVO to process it due to the summer rush.

Did you get any updates on MyCIC?

May 2 was a Saturday..... you must count business days when you consider CIC website timelines..... not calendar days.... you're at 9 business days currently.... and probably why you did not get a reply from the visa office.

btw CIC website timelines are based on averages.... actual processing can vary from case to case

Many forum members have stated 2-3 weeks currently.

So please do be patient.... you may hear from the visa office next week

Cheers :)

varungp

May 15, 2015
Thanks for the reply Bryanna.

No updates from the visa office yet, except for the application submission confirmation, which came on May 2nd. I am really hoping that the passport request will be issued next week. Their flight to US is booked for Jun 2. Fingers crossed

P.Udayanga

May 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
varungp said:
My parents applied online for visitor visa on May 2nd. Even though they are from Kerala, the visa is being processed in New Delhi.

There has been no update since then. Sent case specific inquiries to both NewDelhi and Bangalore. That is when I got to know from Bangalore consulate that the visa is being processed in New Delhi.

Any idea the processing is taking time? Processing time for NewDelhi visa office is 6 days. Anyone else with same problem? Any idea why this would be the case?
I m Not From India, But My One Submitted Online (Mar 2),
Additional Documents Requested by (Mar 23)
Additional Documents Requested (May 7)
Call For Interview (May 11)
NO Decision Till From Embassy..
Average Time (23 Working Days)

P.Udayanga

May 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
varungp said:

No updates from the visa office yet, except for the application submission confirmation, which came on May 2nd. I am really hoping that the passport request will be issued next week. Their flight to US is booked for Jun 2. Fingers crossed
Dear I Think They Need some extra time to verify our documents, like bank details, Employment Details, So its will take additional days more than average time. look at to the my one, its already take more than 50 working days. (It is tourist visa)

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
P.Udayanga said:
Dear I Think They Need some extra time to verify our documents, like bank details, Employment Details, So its will take additional days more than average time. look at to the my one, its already take more than 50 working days. (It is tourist visa)
@ P.Udayanga

Your TRV case is different from other people because you are working with the military + from Srilanka.... hence, possibly why it is taking longer to process your application

Hope you get your TRV soon

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
varungp said:

You may want to pro-actively consider the next step ie when they get passport requests:
As your parents are based in Kerala, they must submit their passports (either in-person or through an authorized representative) at the nearest VAC/VFS which is VFS Chennai.... will they travel to Chennai?..... later, the processed passports (with visa stamped) can be couriered to their residence

Hope your parents get their TRVs soon

varungp

May 15, 2015
The plan is to submit the passports to either chennai vfs or bangalore vfs, the next day we get the passport request.

Can we submit the passports in person to the consulate? I was under the impression that we could submit it only to VAC, which is vfsglobal.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
varungp said:
The plan is to submit the passports to either chennai vfs or bangalore vfs, the next day we get the passport request.

Can we submit the passports in person to the consulate? I was under the impression that we could submit it only to VAC, which is vfsglobal.
You can submit their passports to the nearest VAC (VFS Global) which is either in Chennai or Bangalore (it's your choice).

You cannot submit passports directly to the consulate

varungp

May 15, 2015
The application status is still Open, not even in progress. Should this be considered bad? If my parents do not get the passport request by this Friday, the canada plan will have to be cancelled i believe.

One of my frieds who applied for a visitor visa for his wife frm India, got the passport request only in about 8 working days in april (delhi consulate). But the application status went from Open to InProgress in 3 days.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Varun,

There may be heavy rush due to the summer.... also, most members have posted timelines of about 2-4 weeks.

Please file a Case Specific Enquiry now..... mention their flight bookings.... and do wait until mid next week before you cancel any Canada plans

And when you get passport request then do submit their passports at CVAC Bangalore (with in-person pick up).... not Chennai.... to cut down on approx 2-3 days of courier time

Hope for the best

varungp

May 15, 2015
In person pick up makes sense. But I was thinking of submitting the passports at Delhi VAC, since the application is being processed at NewDelhi. Wont that be better so that the passport reaches the consulate faster?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
For online applications, you have the choice of submitting passports at the VAC nearest to the home city/town.... and at a VAC of your choice.

I suggested CVAC Bangalore (and not Chennai) because the Bangalore Consulate is located there..... so faster visa stamping compared to submitting passports at Chennai + the Bangalore Consulate is responsible for visa processing of all southern states

varungp

May 15, 2015
I had spent case specific inquiries to both Bangalore and Delhi visa offices. Bangalore visa office replied saying the application is being processed in Delhi. That is why I thought about submitting it to Delhi VAC.

If the passport request comes and if we submit the passport to bangalore vac, will the visa be stamped at bangalore? i thought that it will be sent to Delhi. Is that the case?

But no reply at all from Delhi consulate and I had sent email as well as case specific inquiry. Called the delhi office and they asked me to send email again.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Did you give your parents' current address as in/around Delhi instead of a Kerala address?

I'm wondering why their applications are being processed by NDVO instead of the Bangalore VO..... maybe it's the summer rush.

Yes, their passports will be stamped by the Bangalore VO.... you can submit passports at the CVAC in the town/city nearest to where they reside