+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

on what base does the visa officer grant visa or reject

Danushaaaa

Jul 11, 2019
Hi Am a new member for these group and i will like to share my experience TRV canada visa in Nairobi. Am 33 years old women and work in one of best Airline in the world, i have travelled more than 15 countries including USA 3 times. i have applied in 2015 for Canada TRV visa and denied and at that time i was single, on 2017 again i applied for my TRV visa and i was married at that time, again it refused. On 2018 i Got US Visa and travelled to US 3 times with short stay in USA. I have previllage of free Airline free tkt for my self and family, have my own house, car, enough saving and the most i have my lovely daughter, My daughter and my husband have also a valid US non immigrant visa with entry and exit stamp.
i applied on may-2019 for Canada TRV visa again because my cousin gets married and he sent me wedding invitation letter along with invitation wedding card and i provide all supportng documents including my previous travel history. On jun-19 again the visa officer denied my visa and the reason he/she gave me us un acceptable, it states that am not comming back to my home country because 1. he/she is not satisfied with the purpose of my visit, my financial asset and my employement situation.
for the purpose of my visit i have attached my cousing wedding invitation card as long with invitation paper
for my employement situation i have attached company letter as long with with my privilleges
for my financial status, i have submitted 3 month bank statement, translated own property like my car and house even though as per IMM 5880 it is not an obligation to submit since documents since i have a valid Non- immigrant visa of USA. can anyone suggest what is the main reason of the visa officer for denial.

Jets13

Dec 12, 2016
Hi Am a new member for these group and i will like to share my experience TRV canada visa in Nairobi. Am 33 years old women and work in one of best Airline in the world, i have travelled more than 15 countries including USA 3 times. i have applied in 2015 for Canada TRV visa and denied and at that time i was single, on 2017 again i applied for my TRV visa and i was married at that time, again it refused. On 2018 i Got US Visa and travelled to US 3 times with short stay in USA. I have previllage of free Airline free tkt for my self and family, have my own house, car, enough saving and the most i have my lovely daughter, My daughter and my husband have also a valid US non immigrant visa with entry and exit stamp.
i applied on may-2019 for Canada TRV visa again because my cousin gets married and he sent me wedding invitation letter along with invitation wedding card and i provide all supportng documents including my previous travel history. On jun-19 again the visa officer denied my visa and the reason he/she gave me us un acceptable, it states that am not comming back to my home country because 1. he/she is not satisfied with the purpose of my visit, my financial asset and my employement situation.
for the purpose of my visit i have attached my cousing wedding invitation card as long with invitation paper
for my employement situation i have attached company letter as long with with my privilleges
for my financial status, i have submitted 3 month bank statement, translated own property like my car and house even though as per IMM 5880 it is not an obligation to submit since documents since i have a valid Non- immigrant visa of USA. can anyone suggest what is the main reason of the visa officer for denial.
You can order GCMS notes to see what the officer wrote in the file.

Immigration_guru

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Request GCMS notes and then check the issue , fix it and reapply. Chances of approval goes up

Reactions: Danushaaaa

Danushaaaa

Jul 11, 2019
Request GCMS notes and then check the issue , fix it and reapply. Chances of approval goes up
Just like you said my cousion request gcmc notes by his MP and MP advice me to submit another information like my company leave approval, Airline tkt even though i had unlimited free tkt, again my travel history. And also mp wrote a letter of consideration that z main purpose of my visit only for attending my cousin wedding which is going to be held on 13 of july 2019. I again re applied on 17 jun 19 with all additional supporting documents. I submit also a cover letter of stating my main reason of visiting canada and will leave canada on 16 july 2019. On their website for ethiopians processing time says 18 days. Now it is almost 25 days and never heard of them whether it granted or refused. Now i miss my cousion wedding and its unfair for my case. In my cover letter i mention clearly that for any decission made by z visa officer i will accept and atleast to confirm me before my departure flight date. But unfortunately its so sad it take them so long for re application to make decission. Even i cant understand what it take all these time for reviewing my application and z big part i miss my cousion wedding without knowing my status.

Jets13

Dec 12, 2016
Just like you said my cousion request gcmc notes by his MP and MP advice me to submit another information like my company leave approval, Airline tkt even though i had unlimited free tkt, again my travel history. And also mp wrote a letter of consideration that z main purpose of my visit only for attending my cousin wedding which is going to be held on 13 of july 2019. I again re applied on 17 jun 19 with all additional supporting documents. I submit also a cover letter of stating my main reason of visiting canada and will leave canada on 16 july 2019. On their website for ethiopians processing time says 18 days. Now it is almost 25 days and never heard of them whether it granted or refused. Now i miss my cousion wedding and its unfair for my case. In my cover letter i mention clearly that for any decission made by z visa officer i will accept and atleast to confirm me before my departure flight date. But unfortunately its so sad it take them so long for re application to make decission. Even i cant understand what it take all these time for reviewing my application and z big part i miss my cousion wedding without knowing my status.
Booking an airline ticket before visa approval is a bad idea, in your case it was ok because it was free as you work in the airline. What the website says as processing time is an estimate not 100% solid. It is based on how long they take to process the majority of applications that are straightforward, some applications are actually quicker and some take longer. There is nothing about being unfair or being fair, they did not single you out and are not purposely treating you bad.

What were the issues mentioned in the notes and did you address them on your second application?
(also why do you use z instead of the? hope you didn't fill our application that way)

Danushaaaa

Jul 11, 2019
Booking an airline ticket before visa approval is a bad idea, in your case it was ok because it was free as you work in the airline. What the website says as processing time is an estimate not 100% solid. It is based on how long they take to process the majority of applications that are straightforward, some applications are actually quicker and some take longer. There is nothing about being unfair or being fair, they did not single you out and are not purposely treating you bad.

What were the issues mentioned in the notes and did you address them on your second application?
(also why do you use z instead of the? hope you didn't fill our application that way)
Thank you for ur suggestion, actually i booked a staff ticket which will be refundable anytime without deducting any penality, its not a confirmed tkt its SA ticker. The other dont worry i didnt wrote Z instead of the, i just used it only in our conversation. In my application i used only professional words. Yes i address all the issues in my next application, but am afraid now they will reject me again since the wedding will pass before i get decission. And they seems that the purpose of my visit is meaningless

Jets13

Dec 12, 2016
Thank you for ur suggestion, actually i booked a staff ticket which will be refundable anytime without deducting any penality, its not a confirmed tkt its SA ticker. The other dont worry i didnt wrote Z instead of the, i just used it only in our conversation. In my application i used only professional words. Yes i address all the issues in my next application, but am afraid now they will reject me again since the wedding will pass before i get decission. And they seems that the purpose of my visit is meaningless
nothing you can do about it now but wait for the results. best of luck!

Reactions: Danushaaaa

Immigration_guru

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
It is so sad to hear this and i feel sorry for you. IRCC these days is so slow that they are not processing anything on time.

Danushaaaa

Jul 11, 2019
Yes you are right, I thought IRCC will process my case on CAN+ catagory since i have valid USA non immigrant visa
And also please note that my first visit to USA was last year 03-Jul-19 and return my home country on 08-Jul-2018, again on 25-Dec-18 and return my home country on 07-Jan-19 at that time i took my daughter with me and returned back home safely. My third visit i made on 16-Apr-19 and return on 21-Apr-19 almost all my visit to USA was from 5 to 10 days. By the way i have visited far east Asia like China (2x), Hong kong(2x) , Thailand (3X) Singapore, Middle East like Dubai, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Europe Turkey, France(2X), Sweden (2X), Finland, Norway, Austria, Brussels and in Africa Ghana and all these country my maximum duration of my stay was from 5 to 7 days, These how i will spend my vacation. So for Canada i request my leave for 5 days since my ticket will not cost me a penny. i don't know how will i convince the visa officer that i leave Canada after my short stay. I have submitted all documents which i thought it will help me, my marriage certificate, my daughter am leaving her with temporary care of my husband and my parents. i couldn't imagine the visa officer will reject my visa after all these.
I think its a chance and "everything happened for good" . May be better if i take my daughter to Disney land for vacation!! Cheers!!

Danushaaaa

Jul 11, 2019
Hi all unfortunately today i received Rejection :eek:email for my TRV application. The reason they gave me is:-

1. I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

2. I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.

Am very very surprise of the refusal comment he/ she gave me.
I Clearly mention purpose of my visit for attending my cousin wedding which was on 13-Jul-19. It took them more than 25 days to process my application and after the wedding past they got a good reason for refusal and send me refusal letter.o_Oo_O
The other is refusal point is " Family ties in Canada and in your country of residence. Well for these one i don't know what exactly it mean family tie in Canada? but in my home country there is nothing which is hard to left your spouse and a year and half month infant daughter. My husband and my daughter haven't applied with me, am leaving them for just a few days.
i know its a decision but i really want people suggestion on my case, can anyone tell me on what bases do Visa officer Grant or reject visa's?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Most of your travel is related to your job so isn’t considered. 25 days is not really that long and immigration offices can’t honour personal requests like telling someone before a certain date.

Danushaaaa

Jul 11, 2019
Most of your travel is related to your job so isn’t considered. 25 days is not really that long and immigration offices can’t honour personal requests like telling someone before a certain date.
hi FYI my travel is not related with my Job, we have more that 25 days annual leave and am utilizing my vacation based on my leave balance, from all my travel experience nothing attached for duty travel or for work neither am not a flight crew, all are vacation planned travel.
yes i believe visa officer will not honor personal requests, but in my country most of the visa process will range from 10 to 15 days.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
hi FYI my travel is not related with my Job, we have more that 25 days annual leave and am utilizing my vacation based on my leave balance, from all my travel experience nothing attached for duty travel or for work neither am not a flight crew, all are vacation planned travel.
yes i believe visa officer will not honor personal requests, but in my country most of the visa process will range from 10 to 15 days.
Having a reply in 25+ days is fairly normal.