Vancouver, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2, 2017
AOR Received.
2017/02/10 In-process 2017/02/16 Test 2017/03/22 DM 2017/03/23
Steph C said:
I had already sent my application off and I was up late reading the forums.. when I read something that you have to pay a fee for all dependents whether accompanying or not! I totally panicked and went online and made a payment of about $300. The next morning I read something else so I called CIC. It turns out the information was wrong.. and they said they will automatically refund me.. after 3 months :'(
Oh wow. I wonder who posted that one. Anyway, I'm sorry to hear that. Well at least you caught it right away and they refunded it.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
MissDominica said:
Oh Lord. Where to begin....

My most FRUSTRATING moment is actually due to this forum LOL... so we all know the forum sign in is linked to our email... so the first time someone sent me a private message, I got an EMAIL that said it was from

"CIC Immigration Forum".. well, I didn't think anything about the whole forum part of that title, I just saw CIC Immigration and I started FREAKING out... I was like.. "Is it good?! Is it bad?! That was very fast after Stage 2 AOR... I hope it's not a rejection" and my mind went through a million emotions.. and I finally clicked on it and it said,

"You have received a message on the forum from... " LOL... and it was just sumthing silly the person messaged me about...

I juuuuust about threw my laptop through the window that day.... :eek:
Give it wings ;)

His_Wife

Star Member
Oct 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 4, 2012
AOR Received.
15/10/2012
File Transfer...
16/10/2012
Passport Req..
Feb 21st 2013
LANDED..........
March 27th 2013
Oh My Lord!!!

I have to totally agree with Miss D..... This forum has been the reason for every frustrated paranoid moment I've had!!!

I have a friend who was months ahead of me in the process. She has been reading this forum and encouraging me to read since b4 my wedding!!! I had no interest what so ever and ignored her completely. Then I mailed our application and did not know what to do with myself..... So I started reading.......

All hell broke loose!!! :eek: :eek: ??? ??? :eek:

I started reading about how people "organized" their applications... ??? I just threw everything in a big envelope and mailed it!!!!! Then someone asked if they could mail a box to CIC and my heart did a cart wheel. A BOX????? 100 Photos??!??!

What was CIC going to think about my 20 Photos??!??!?!?

A day later someone had their application returned to them due to outdated forms ... Ohhhhhhh you guys should have seen me at this point. I called my husband almost in tears. And I happen to marry the one man that takes NOTHING seriously. He said "Babe please stop. We'll be just fine. I know it" That enraged me and threw me further into paranoia. And his only response was "Are we really fighting over this??"

Then on monday of this week I checked E-CAS to see that we were now IN-Process as of Jan 31st. I really don't know how I survived this past week. Jan 31st???!??!?!??!?! ??? How come we have not heard anything yet??? I have both of my husband's email addresses set up on my BlackBerry for this very reason! Everytime I heard the E-mail chime I wanted to run to the washroom. To make matters worst...My husband, who takes NOTHING seriously..... All of a sudden became more paranoid than I was!!!! Lord help us! My VO does most of their PPRs' thru phone call. This man would call me at 6pm and say "Babe, I just missed a call from a private number" Over and over I had to explain "My love, No VO is going to call you at 6pm!!!"

On thursday morning I got to work at 8 as usual and I waited for him to get home from work and call me. He called and I said "what are you up to? are you off to sleep?" He said "No, I'm waiting for a call" I said "really? who's Calling?" He Said "The Visa Office" ...... This is when I knew that I needed to pray for him because he done gone lost his mind. I said "okay" and I hang the phone up. 5 minites later he called back "Babe, you said not to f**k with you when this happens so here goes ... they just called .. they want my passport"

I am still pinching myself and wondering if it actually happened or he imagined the whole thing ...Am I PARANOID???? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
His_Wife said:
On thursday morning I got to work at 8 as usual and I waited for him to get home from work and call me. He called and I said "what are you up to? are you off to sleep?" He said "No, I'm waiting for a call" I said "really? who's Calling?" He Said "The Visa Office" ...... This is when I knew that I needed to pray for him because he done gone lost his mind. I said "okay" and I hang the phone up. 5 minites later he called back "Babe, you said not to f**k with you when this happens so here goes ... they just called .. they want my passport"

I am still pinching myself and wondering if it actually happened or he imagined the whole thing ...Am I PARANOID???? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
OMG.. how did he know they were going to phone him? :eek:

Iay

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2, 2017
AOR Received.
His_Wife said:
Oh My Lord!!!

I have to totally agree with Miss D..... This forum has been the reason for every frustrated paranoid moment I've had!!!

I have a friend who was months ahead of me in the process. She has been reading this forum and encouraging me to read since b4 my wedding!!! I had no interest what so ever and ignored her completely. Then I mailed our application and did not know what to do with myself..... So I started reading.......

All hell broke loose!!! :eek: :eek: ??? ??? :eek:

I started reading about how people "organized" their applications... ??? I just threw everything in a big envelope and mailed it!!!!! Then someone asked if they could mail a box to CIC and my heart did a cart wheel. A BOX????? 100 Photos??!??!

What was CIC going to think about my 20 Photos??!??!?!?

A day later someone had their application returned to them due to outdated forms ... Ohhhhhhh you guys should have seen me at this point. I called my husband almost in tears. And I happen to marry the one man that takes NOTHING seriously. He said "Babe please stop. We'll be just fine. I know it" That enraged me and threw me further into paranoia. And his only response was "Are we really fighting over this??"

Then on monday of this week I checked E-CAS to see that we were now IN-Process as of Jan 31st. I really don't know how I survived this past week. Jan 31st???!??!?!??!?! ??? How come we have not heard anything yet??? I have both of my husband's email addresses set up on my BlackBerry for this very reason! Everytime I heard the E-mail chime I wanted to run to the washroom. To make matters worst...My husband, who takes NOTHING seriously..... All of a sudden became more paranoid than I was!!!! Lord help us! My VO does most of their PPRs' thru phone call. This man would call me at 6pm and say "Babe, I just missed a call from a private number" Over and over I had to explain "My love, No VO is going to call you at 6pm!!!"

Thanks for sharing this. I must say you and your husband are so cute and funny.
Well, you know people who doesn't know about this process will really think you're paranoid. But for us, who's going thru the same agony, I must say don't worry you are still normal. :D

Congratulations on your PPR by the way, just to let you know... this is real life, you're not dreaming anymore!!! :D :D :D

jerry84

Oct 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08/17/2012
File Transfer...
09/28/2012 to Isb 04/24/2014 to London
Med's Request
01/30/2014 -Add. Forms + RePCC + ReMed, Nov 2014 Add.Forms + RePCC
Med's Done....
Med extension Req - 01/05/2015, Repeat X-Rays 02/16/2015
Passport Req..
28/03/2015
VISA ISSUED...
23/04/2015
I thought this was just our case, it does make me feel better that I am not the only one who's majorly paranoid. On one hand this forum gives all the helpful information but boy o boy do I get negative thoughts after reading some experiences! I happen to have married a man who will never..EVER take anything seriously so pretty much anything I say goes down the drain. I filed my APP thru a lawyer (WASTED $1500). We just mentioned the place and date where the photos were taken (he said there was no need to mention everyone who appears in the photos).. and since then I have been paranoid but I feel relaxed too because whatever is going to happen .. is going to happen.

Iay

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2, 2017
AOR Received.
jerry84 said:
I thought this was just our case, it does make me feel better that I am not the only one who's majorly paranoid. On one hand this forum gives all the helpful information but boy o boy do I get negative thoughts after reading some experiences! I happen to have married a man who will never..EVER take anything seriously so pretty much anything I say goes down the drain. I filed my APP thru a lawyer (WASTED $1500). We just mentioned the place and date where the photos were taken (he said there was no need to mention everyone who appears in the photos).. and since then I have been paranoid but I feel relaxed too because whatever is going to happen .. is going to happen.
You'll be totally fine.
I must say you got a terrible lawyer tho. I don't know why he didn't let you put the names of the people in the photos, it must have been a great way of telling the CIC who knows about your relationship.

But as you have said, whatever is going to happen... is going to happen. Stay positive :)

jerry84

Oct 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08/17/2012
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
28/03/2015
VISA ISSUED...
23/04/2015
Iay said:
You'll be totally fine.
I must say you got a terrible lawyer tho. I don't know why he didn't let you put the names of the people in the photos, it must have been a great way of telling the CIC who knows about your relationship.

But as you have said, whatever is going to happen... is going to happen. Stay positive :)
His response was that because we filled it out in the "who's met my husband" part in the application it's totally fine. I am assuming he spoke from experience so my hubby told me to just relax and since then I am fine. I am going to visit him soon anyways so we'll be sending in additional proofs and stuff upon my return since our VO's waiting time is 28 months :(.

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
The only time I really freaked out (other than when hubby got PPR) was when my disability caseworker said "Uhh I don't think you can sponsor him on disability.." FREAKED ME OUT! I had already sent the application out and I'm sitting in the office all :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: trying not to bawl my head off. I practically speed home and search any and everything about it and find the "disability is okay" thing. I sent that to my caseworker and she apologized. I wanted to throttle her! Instead I said "No problem" Grrr.

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
I have learned how STUPID I am from reading on the forum. I left documents out, etc. Working on remedying that now, as they are processing, not rejecting app. Anyhow, my funny isn't from CIC, just from my husband.

We were in Quebec a total of three weeks before he left for a course in ON for over 4 months. He's fluent in english and french. I didn't start trying to learn french until the move. We'd gone to the store, while he was still here, and after the trip, I got emotional and cried. Even ordering some lunchmeat from the deli was beyond my (then) current abilities! He said, "Awww, babe," and rubbed my knee as he drove. "You'll just have to adjust. Or...starve to death while I'm gone!"

I was so pissed, but I started laughing! It really helped to have him gone, so I HAD to learn the most basic french quickly to get along on my own. He's home now, but he sucks at translating, so I still have my challenges...

Iay

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2, 2017
AOR Received.
QuebecOkie said:
I have learned how STUPID I am from reading on the forum. I left documents out, etc. Working on remedying that now, as they are processing, not rejecting app. Anyhow, my funny isn't from CIC, just from my husband.

We were in Quebec a total of three weeks before he left for a course in ON for over 4 months. He's fluent in english and french. I didn't start trying to learn french until the move. We'd gone to the store, while he was still here, and after the trip, I got emotional and cried. Even ordering some lunchmeat from the deli was beyond my (then) current abilities! He said, "Awww, babe," and rubbed my knee as he drove. "You'll just have to adjust. Or...starve to death while I'm gone!"

I was so pissed, but I started laughing! It really helped to have him gone, so I HAD to learn the most basic french quickly to get along on my own. He's home now, but he sucks at translating, so I still have my challenges...
Wow that's great. I've been wanting to learn French so bad!!! I did a basic French course in University. I kinda did well, I guess coz I got an A, but I totally regret not following up on it. I think I totally lost what I learned :(

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
Iay said:
Wow that's great. I've been wanting to learn French so bad!!! I did a basic French course in University. I kinda did well, I guess coz I got an A, but I totally regret not following up on it. I think I totally lost what I learned :(
I volunteer in a Kindergarten French Immersion Class (I'm the sponsor) so I now can say "May I go to the bathroom/get a drink" and "I'm a Pizza" (a song) fluently ;)

Iay

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2, 2017
AOR Received.
parker24 said:
The only time I really freaked out (other than when hubby got PPR) was when my disability caseworker said "Uhh I don't think you can sponsor him on disability.." FREAKED ME OUT! I had already sent the application out and I'm sitting in the office all :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: trying not to bawl my head off. I practically speed home and search any and everything about it and find the "disability is okay" thing. I sent that to my caseworker and she apologized. I wanted to throttle her! Instead I said "No problem" Grrr.
That's the thing. A friend warned be even before I applied, not to listen to everyone's advice. Some will just make you worry more.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
parker24 said:
I wanted to throttle her! Instead I said "No problem" Grrr.
How very civil of you! :) good choice... disability is not an issue for a sponsor - criminal charges definitely is! :) probably even after you sent your application!

jerry84

Oct 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08/17/2012
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
28/03/2015
VISA ISSUED...
23/04/2015
Iay said:
That's the thing. A friend warned be even before I applied, not to listen to everyone's advice. Some will just make you worry more.
+1

Reminds me of my grade 5 English class where I learned the phrase "too many cooks spoil the broth". Some people just worry you more based on previous experiences or pessimistic personality.. and I am definitely one who always looks at the half glass empty.