+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ON PNP-reference letter needed for verification-after PPR?

ameet747

Jul 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Not Applicable
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-2014
Nomination.....
10-04-2014
AOR Received.
10-03-2015
IELTS Request
Not Applicable
Med's Request
08-05-2015
Med's Done....
13-05-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-07-2015
LANDED..........
18-08-2015
bethanasame said:
I should say, I am one of the last few applicant whose application was given file number - My file reached either 30th april or may 1st. Looking at the calls that are coming from O-PNP verification it seems that they are completing the reviews now. Because applications that came after the second week of may are yet to be assigned a file number. So my guess is we will all get processing sometime soon. CIC is making sure the applications that its about to process are the right applicants. I heard from somewhere that the Ontario program is the only PNP which has a big quota of 2500 nominations and a category where people without jobs can apply. So they are just making sure things are in order.
Even other provinces like AB and SK have had categories for graduates without job offer to be eligible for PNP, and their overall quotas are much bigger than ON's. So, I am sure that's not the reason why there's a QA focused on ON applicants only.

hime

Jun 15, 2012
Canada
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
LANDED..........
22-05-2015
ameet747 said:
Even other provinces like AB and SK have had categories for graduates without job offer to be eligible for PNP, and their overall quotas are much bigger than ON's. So, I am sure that's not the reason why there's a QA focused on ON applicants only.
BC pnp is exactly like OPNP

traxton

Star Member
Apr 24, 2013
ameet747 said:
EXACTLY, what I have been frustrated about for the longest time. Why target only ON applicants for QA when other provinces have the same grad without job offer PNP programs. It is extremely bias.

Also what happened to the "promise" from provincial and federal level that PNP has the fastest processing time out of all the PR application schemes? If you count the day I submitted my PNP application at provincial level, it has been 18 months since then and I'm still stuck at "medical received" at federal level now.

Indian applicant

Jun 29, 2014
I am unable to understand who offers job to out-country PR applicants when there is so much uncertainty around the processing time? We ourselves are resigned to our fate waiting eternally. I always thought the PNP pilot program was a predecessor to the present FSW2014 scheme and the follow-on Express Entry program where each of the Province where supposed to validate the eligibility and Education certificates like what WES and CES do today. Moreover the figures of completed applications against the 50 NOCs clearly indicate the delay in processing our forms are un-justified if the projected intake figures are genuine.

A_A_A_85

Oct 19, 2014
Hi,

I submitted my Ontario PNP application on Sep. 9, 2014 under the stream of International MSc student without a job offer (I graduated last June). I am currently living in Canada. I received my file number (File # NMAS-14-2529XXXX) on Sep. 17, 2014. They did not ask for any thing, and I did not hear from them since then... Is this normal.

PLEASE ADVICE!

Thanks

taurus1985

Mar 10, 2014
A_A_A_85 said:
Hi,

I submitted my Ontario PNP application on Sep. 9, 2014 under the stream of International MSc student without a job offer (I graduated last June). I am currently living in Canada. I received my file number (File # NMAS-14-2529XXXX) on Sep. 17, 2014. They did not ask for any thing, and I did not hear from them since then... Is this normal.

PLEASE ADVICE!

Thanks
yes it is normal ... they will email/call u if they need anything from you

Paopao599

Jul 29, 2014
A_A_A_85 said:
Hi,

PLEASE ADVICE!

Thanks
PNP goes really fast, if they didn't ask you for additional documents you should be good as for now.

A.G.Pennypacker

Star Member
Jun 3, 2014
Do any of you have spouses who are currently residing with you in Ontario? If so, is CIC or the Ontario immigration office requesting updates on their status as well?

Or, is the quality assurance focused solely on the principal applicant?

Thanks

hawkua

Star Member
May 27, 2014
I have a spouse. OPNP was only asking about my information - address, phone numbers, work, etc.

A.G.Pennypacker said:
Do any of you have spouses who are currently residing with you in Ontario? If so, is CIC or the Ontario immigration office requesting updates on their status as well?

Thanks

GT1234

Star Member
Sep 22, 2013
Toronto
A.G.Pennypacker said:

Thanks
My application was received in July 2013, and the only thing that I was asked was to re-submit meds for spouse (as they had expired). Other than that, I sent in the QA documents in July 2014 and did not receive any call/update yet.

taurus1985

Mar 10, 2014
GT1234 said:
My application was received in July 2013, and the only thing that I was asked was to re-submit meds for spouse (as they had expired). Other than that, I sent in the QA documents in July 2014 and did not receive any call/update yet.
My spouse is here on visitor visa but they never asked about her when they called me

jeff.torbain

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
Hey good people,
I had asked for my GCMS notes in April 2013. Soon after, May 22nd I got RFV email. I was all happy and stuff util I received the "We regret to inform you that your passport was requested prematurely". I am employed and sent them the docs. I also noticed from my notes that my MEDICAL was about to expire so I did an "up front" and submitted that as well. I was NOT getting the regular auto-reply acknowledgement from Ottawa's email address so I went on CIC and filled in a "Contact Us" form online. I got an email back that basically said sorry, we had asked for too much and you can omit the EMPLOYMENT related docs. This meant no action on my part.
Long story short ... my file is STILL on HOLD. My Lock-in date as stated in my notes is June 3rd 2013.
I have about 5 "Security" and "Security Screening" items on my file. It is now sitting with officer VF03143 who is in charge of SECURITY. I have asked for my notes 3 times now and I have deducted this from the 3 versions of notes I have received.

Interesting stuff:
- My VISA and COPR were actually printed but then all of this suddenly happened and they were CANCELLED.
- The redacted information in my file is different in 3 versions and there are items that had previously been redacted but are now in the file and also items that were previously visible and are now redacted.
- In the 3rd version of my notes, there is a record of my FIRST request for my notes but not the SECOND time ... most odd

Anyone actually got their PR after they were put on HOLD?

Indian applicant

Jun 29, 2014
jeff.torbain said:
Hey good people,
I had asked for my GCMS notes in April 2013. Soon after, May 22nd I got RFV email. I was all happy and stuff util I received the "We regret to inform you that your passport was requested prematurely". I am employed and sent them the docs. I also noticed from my notes that my MEDICAL was about to expire so I did an "up front" and submitted that as well. I was NOT getting the regular auto-reply acknowledgement from Ottawa's email address so I went on CIC and filled in a "Contact Us" form online. I got an email back that basically said sorry, we had asked for too much and you can omit the EMPLOYMENT related docs. This meant no action on my part.
Long story short ... my file is STILL on HOLD. My Lock-in date as stated in my notes is June 3rd 2013.
I have about 5 "Security" and "Security Screening" items on my file. It is now sitting with officer VF03143 who is in charge of SECURITY. I have asked for my notes 3 times now and I have deducted this from the 3 versions of notes I have received.

Interesting stuff:
- My VISA and COPR were actually printed but then all of this suddenly happened and they were CANCELLED.
- The redacted information in my file is different in 3 versions and there are items that had previously been redacted but are now in the file and also items that were previously visible and are now redacted.
- In the 3rd version of my notes, there is a record of my FIRST request for my notes but not the SECOND time ... most odd

Hi Jeff, thanks for sharing this. it is getting more mysterious. I have NOT got any reply or progress after RFV emails reached CPC-Ottawa.
Just for some clarifications /observations
(a) is it 2013 or 2014 ?
(b) are you in-country applicant ?
(c) if employment related could be OMITTED from RFV .. what else was crucial to verify? adaptability ? security ?
(d) varying redacts seem normal to me based on state/time/sensitivity of info
(e) have you travelled/lived in several countries after age 18?

max_ka

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014
jeff.torbain said:
Hey good people,

Interesting stuff:

It seems cic is not happy with on pnp

jeff.torbain

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
Indian applicant said:
Hi Jeff, thanks for sharing this. it is getting more mysterious. I have NOT got any reply or progress after RFV emails reached CPC-Ottawa.
Just for some clarifications /observations
(a) is it 2013 or 2014 ?
(b) are you in-country applicant ?
(c) if employment related could be OMITTED from RFV .. what else was crucial to verify? adaptability ? security ?
(d) varying redacts seem normal to me based on state/time/sensitivity of info
(e) have you travelled/lived in several countries after age 18?
Hey fellow applicant,
a) my application started in 2013, but the RFV and the rest of the story was in 2014
b) I am in Canada
c) I'm not an officer, don't know ... but they asked for ALL other documents except those related to employment
d) I think different REDACTORS have different standards for redaction. Generally they do a Find/Replace for some keywords ie SECURITY But they also comb through for anything else. I think if the person is pressed for a deadline, they are more lax in what they cross out.
e) I have a very dirty passport (meaning I have traveled a LOT)