+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OMNIBUS BUDGET BILL, C-38

Mancilla

Champion Member
Jan 9, 2012
http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/09/28/34880500-and-rising-booming-immigrant-population-makes-canada-fastest-growing-country-in-the-g8/

MBII

Sep 15, 2012
Has anyone heard of this?

"Sing Tao reported that the Minister said that he had changed his mind and would not apply the new criteria retrospectively."

Mancilla

Champion Member
Jan 9, 2012
Dear MBII,
I have got the info from reliable sources and it has come from CIC.

The Minister’s head of propaganda flatly denied the intention, and Sing Tao reported that the Minister said that he had changed his mind and would not apply the new criteria retrospectively. Yesterday morning, DoJ faxed a letter stating that the “Minister had confirmed” that he won’t do so.

MBII said:
Dear Mancilla,
i couldn't find the original source from Sing Tao! mind if you share it with us if you have.
Tq

MBII

Sep 15, 2012
Mancilla said:
Dear MBII,
I have got the info from reliable sources and it has come from CIC.

The Minister's head of propaganda flatly denied the intention, and Sing Tao reported that the Minister said that he had changed his mind and would not apply the new criteria retrospectively. Yesterday morning, DoJ faxed a letter stating that the “Minister had confirmed” that he won't do so.
Thanks Mancilla for the prompt reply, could you advise on this what is happening!
the other day I've seen this on Tim Leahy Linked in:
"On September 18th, the Federal Court declined to extend beyond September 29th the bar for CIC to act on the closing of the files. Thus, as of October 1st refund cheques will begin to flow."

and there was also an update of Sept. 18 hearing by Bellissimo group which you post it here as well saying that:
"(2) not issue refunds unless applicants directly wish a refund..."

so what you think, does cic start to send refund checks?
Tq,