+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Okay, 31st August is over, now what?

pigsty

Aug 26, 2017
Somebody provided here privy info that all applicants will receive the status by August 31st. Now, it is over and still I haven't got any status update. I applied on July 11th, got medicals approved on August 11. Sent an email to the embassy yesterday, but got no reply. These are my conclusions

1) It is a waste of precious time (considering that you are okay to wait until next year to start the studies anywhere in the world) and money (with every application they get tons of money. Imagine, if they reject application, the same person applies next time - more dollars to them)
2) Students think it is all rosy and greener in the other side. If you are lucky, you will be able to experience the spine tickling cold and the employment rejections in the form of Canadian experience.
3) Storms and other natural calamities doesn't really differentiate a developing country and developed
4) Racism, and all other good and bad things you can imagine

I think it is better to live and die in your own country than begging for happiness in other country where it is just only an advertisement.

Aug 26, 2017
Somebody provided here privy info that all applicants will receive the status by August 31st. Now, it is over and still I haven't got any status update. I applied on July 11th, got medicals approved on August 11. Sent an email to the embassy yesterday, but got no reply. These are my conclusions

1) It is a waste of precious time (considering that you are okay to wait until next year to start the studies anywhere in the world) and money (with every application they get tons of money. Imagine, if they reject application, the same person applies next time - more dollars to them)
2) Students think it is all rosy and greener in the other side. If you are lucky, you will be able to experience the spine tickling cold and the employment rejections in the form of Canadian experience.
3) Storms and other natural calamities doesn't really differentiate a developing country and developed

I think it is better to live and die in your own country than begging for happiness in other country where it is just only an advertisement.
Haha true- I waited for 50 days and got a student visa rejection- at least I got a result- I sometimes wonder why do people keep reapplying after a rejection- they are happily giving away money on such useless applications

Reactions: dreamy2536

Shrf786

Star Member
Aug 24, 2017

Once u try to fax them. When I mailed they didnot reply but when I made a fax I got status update in 2hrs.try it once

mynameisyi

Aug 31, 2017
I had the same situation here. I applied for my study permit on July 11th and there was nothing update for my status.

I checked on CIC website and showed the average processing time for a study permit is 69 days !!!!!

I really feel disappointed at this country's work efficiency.

Now my school said they only can wait for me until Sep15th, otherwise, I should move my admission later to next January,
The question is that applying course for January is already closed!!!!!!!!
This means if I didn't get my study permit in time. I should wait for another 6 months then I can get my idea school and major again!!!!
I felt so frustrated and can not understand why they take so long time to process my application.

Again, I really feel disappointed at this country's work efficiency.

sam06

Aug 7, 2017
I had the same situation here. I applied for my study permit on July 11th and there was nothing update for my status.

I checked on CIC website and showed the average processing time for a study permit is 69 days !!!!!

I really feel disappointed at this country's work efficiency.

Now my school said they only can wait for me until Sep15th, otherwise, I should move my admission later to next January,
The question is that applying course for January is already closed!!!!!!!!
This means if I didn't get my study permit in time. I should wait for another 6 months then I can get my idea school and major again!!!!
I felt so frustrated and can not understand why they take so long time to process my application.

Again, I really feel disappointed at this country's work efficiency.
Where did you apply from? Mutual feelings :(

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
I don't know what to say but I got visa in 3rd attempt. Flying tonight finally. All the best to all. Msg me if you need any info.

John.

Aug 29, 2017
Sigh, the VO does not get any money from rejections or approvals. Thus, they have no incentive to reject applications simply they feel like it.

The weather is not the only reason to come to Canada. In fact, some of us actually like the cold.

Yes, so?

Theres all sort of issues in home countries too.

True ... so, why even apply to go to other country and got pissed if they didn't accept you or delay in response?

Sal_SD

Star Member
Aug 27, 2017
Haha true- I waited for 50 days and got a student visa rejection- at least I got a result- I sometimes wonder why do people keep reapplying after a rejection- they are happily giving away money on such useless applications
After all this wait you got a rejection???
What was the reason and when n where did u apply?

pigsty

Aug 26, 2017
Wow, lots of emotions!

Let me guess - Are you one of those agencies that advertises great life in Canada so as to extract money from the students or somebody who got visa in their first time through sheer luck.

I would say that if you are one of those guys - who tried hard to get a scholarship in multiple universities in US and Canada, later decided to go ahead with Canada option due to political and other happiness index (as advt. profusley), and found that your visa gets screwed up the Canadian embassy leaving you disgruntled and without any choices as the US option also was gone because of wait period - then you would never respond like this.

Why I applied to Canada? - I am a human and human beings respond to advterisements through media etc. However, one difference is that I just took a deep breath and evaluated my choices. I can't sure go back to a previous time, but if I get a choice I would never try this horrible route.

Sigh, the VO does not get any money from rejections or approvals. Thus, they have no incentive to reject applications simply they feel like it.

The weather is not the only reason to come to Canada. In fact, some of us actually like the cold.

Yes, so?

Theres all sort of issues in home countries too.

True ... so, why even apply to go to other country and got pissed if they didn't accept you or delay in response?

Aug 26, 2017
Wow, lots of emotions!

Let me guess - Are you one of those agencies that advertises great life in Canada so as to extract money from the students or somebody who got visa in their first time through sheer luck.

I would say that if you are one of those guys - who tried hard to get a scholarship in multiple universities in US and Canada, later decided to go ahead with Canada option due to political and other happiness index (as advt. profusley), and found that your visa gets screwed up the Canadian embassy leaving you disgruntled and without any choices as the US option also was gone because of wait period - then you would never respond like this.

Why I applied to Canada? - I am a human and human beings respond to advterisements through media etc. However, one difference is that I just took a deep breath and evaluated my choices. I can't sure go back to a previous time, but if I get a choice I would never try this horrible route.
I so relate to you- it's better to struggle and work in your home country and go on holidays- then this stupid craze- Canadian immigration is the worst in terms of student visa processing- cos of these stupid old Indians who ran to us, uk, canada in the early 2000's and late 90's and broke all possible immigration rules- these people should be deported from those countries and put behind bars in India. I just read around 1 lakh Indians have overstayed their visas in U.K. and don't want to leave- Indian govt should arrest these people- keep screaming they want refugees , Asylum, visa on human grounds- losers- Syrians using refugees understandable but these desperate Indians- very funny

Aug 31, 2017
Received passport without visa stamp or refusal lettrr.....jst with slip in envolpe that important imformation in your email......but yet not received no email...what does it mean???

Mickellemuj

Sep 6, 2017
Got my study permit accepted. Checked my messages as prompted and they sent me the work permit not the study. School has started and I'm chasing down officers to urgently send message me a temporary document to show my college

HDcanada

Star Member
Nov 12, 2015
I applied within Canada.
Hi, You said you applied for study permit on July 11th within Canada & processing time is 69 days..

But the thing is I can see if you are applying from within Canada online application - processing time is only 6 weeks..

Do you get any update?