+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP Human Capital Priority Stream May 5 2023 Draw- Timelines

Owais Iqbal

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2014
I am in a similar process. I dropped points cause of age and had to retake the IELTS which didnt go well. However if your points at the time of AOR to OINP are above the cut off, it should be fine afaik. After your your AOR for OINP , all that matters is that you have 67 points in express entry and your profile is valid. You could have 200 points after OINP AOR and it wont matter. Those points become irrelevant after OINP AOR. However until AOR you have to have those points. These things might add slight delays but definitely not a cause for rejection. Nominations happen via express entry in OINP but once your AOR is done its natural many people drop points due to various reasons.
I got invited through EE. I don't think we get AOR for OINP. If nomination happens, I think it won't matter. I am still at 68 points when excluding my sibling's points and considering contingencies lol. Otherwise I should be at 70 points. I am still above cut-off so hope that it will all be ok.

Owais Iqbal

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2014
I am in a similar process. I dropped points cause of age and had to retake the IELTS which didnt go well. However if your points at the time of AOR to OINP are above the cut off, it should be fine afaik. After your your AOR for OINP , all that matters is that you have 67 points in express entry and your profile is valid. You could have 200 points after OINP AOR and it wont matter. Those points become irrelevant after OINP AOR. However until AOR you have to have those points. These things might add slight delays but definitely not a cause for rejection. Nominations happen via express entry in OINP but once your AOR is done its natural many people drop points due to various reasons.
But how do we get 200 points? I believe I will get 600 points if nominated. No points if not nominated. I don't have a job or anything and applying from outside of Canada.

Reactions: Angelpriya

Angelpriya

Sep 25, 2019
But how do we get 200 points? I believe I will get 600 points if nominated. No points if not nominated. I don't have a job or anything and applying from outside of Canada.
@tumblewit is absolutely right..he/she explained everything very well..it doesn't matter how many points u lose after submitting file in oinp..the minimum cut off is 67 points in express entry..if u have 67 points..u don't need to worry

Reactions: Owais Iqbal

tumblewit

Jun 3, 2021
India
Category........
FSW
I meant without the 600 which you get from Ontario you could have nothing close to 400 otherwise and it’s still fine

Reactions: Owais Iqbal

Aircall_visa

Star Member
Jun 7, 2023
NOI: May 8th
Submitted: May 26th
Assessment: June 19th
DIP: Need to analyze the pattern once people from this thread move to DIP to average out the timeline :cool:
Approved: fingers crossed

Angelpriya

Sep 25, 2019
NOI: May 8th
Submitted: May 26th
Assessment: June 19th
DIP: Need to analyze the pattern once people from this thread move to DIP to average out the timeline :cool:
Approved: fingers crossed
First thing i saw this morning,n it made my day lol..atleast now i can guess when m gonna get to assessment stage
Congratulations,so happy for u
N there is another thread for 8th may..check that out too

Reactions: Aircall_visa

Aircall_visa

Star Member
Jun 7, 2023
First thing i saw this morning,n it made my day lol..atleast now i can guess when m gonna get to assessment stage
Congratulations,so happy for u
N there is another thread for 8th may..check that out too
good luck @Angelpriya - yes it is good to see the movement of everyone!!

Thankfully we have @ImpatientDragon who is leading the row being ahead so when he would move to DIP, we can start to figure out the mean number of days of DIP status!!!