NOI - May 5
Submitted - May 20
Assessment - June 8
DIP - NA
Approved - NA

Aircall_visa

Star Member
Jun 7, 2023
Based on my long history of research and what I have read in this thread, here are my two cents on OINP/EE application processing:
  1. The processing time depends on a candidate's application. If there are less number of people under a single application, the processing becomes faster as it's easier and faster to verify less number of people.
  2. If you're single, attached ECA of your highest degree only, work experience letters with all necessary information, pay slips and IELTS, you'll see your application status will change quickly as compared to the ones who have dependents. (Speaking out of own experience as I have relatives who were single and landed Canada as an immigrant faster than a rabbit jumps into a hole)
  3. Most importantly if you don't mess up your documents like you worked for Company 'A', but you were a contractor on Company B's payroll and getting a certificate for that specific time you worked from Company C or you are not providing pay slips or any document that is required in the format Canada wants and instead you attach alternate documents which are less convincing by adding extra letters of explanation as well, you're making it difficult for the officer to make a positive decision on your application or he/she will take longer time than usual. (Note: We do not live in an ideal world so make your application as simple as you can for the officer)
  4. OINP's retention rate for immigrants is 93% and there are over half a million jobs specifically for IT and Medical people which are currently unfilled. (Meaning Ontario is in dire need of people from IT and Health Sector) so it will take a hell lot of a fuckery in your documents (Like messing up your supporting documents totally) to get denied or even banned for misrepresntaion from Ontario/IRCC.
To summarize, do not stress out. People are dying to get invitations from IRCC. Specially when the CRS is sky rocketing. The one's with NOI should consider themselves as extremely Lucky. Moving forward, your responsibility now is to provide simple and easy to understand documents. Just provide material/documents that will force the officer to issue you a nomination. Hope this analysis brings a smile on your face.
Very well summarized, it is so true that ON needs medical and IT people and all we need to do is to take care of the required documents (at the end of the day, Canada would give you PR just based on your documents only so we can understand the gravity of organised documents).

• Love
Reactions: nofearamk

ImpatientDragon

Feb 23, 2022
Hope someone can answer, in the TEER 21231 Have noticed this addition in the employment requirements -

• Licensing by a provincial or territorial association of professional engineers is required to approve engineering drawings and reports and to practise as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.).

Does that mean now we would need to get a license to practice or is that just like a good to have thing. Will it affect those who do not have a license ?

sanjaysoni

Star Member
Oct 8, 2022
Hope someone can answer, in the TEER 21231 Have noticed this addition in the employment requirements -

• Licensing by a provincial or territorial association of professional engineers is required to approve engineering drawings and reports and to practise as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.).

Does that mean now we would need to get a license to practice or is that just like a good to have thing. Will it affect those who do not have a license ?
No, Software Engineers do not require license. I am in same category and seen n numbers of people getting PR without certificate.