+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP Human Capital Priorities Stream

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
When will the OINP Human Capital Priorities Stream reopen?

Also is a license required for a regulated occupation such as Electronics Engineers (2133)? The application guide is not clear regarding this- it may only be a requirement for those already working in Ontrario. The website referenced in the application guide notes various bridging programmes to help gain licensure etc, as it's not possible to gain licensure from outside Canada and without Canadian experience.

djshshajtm

Nov 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
People speculate, late this year or early next year.

Nobody knows as there were no official statement about it.
It may never open, so brace yourself for all outcome.

thinkshady

Jun 26, 2016
NOC Code......
Ontario anticipates that it will receive its 2017 nomination allocation from the federal government before the end of November 2016, and the province expects to be in a position to accept applications for some streams in six months.

Courtesy - http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPNEW.html

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
johnjkjk said:
When will the OINP Human Capital Priorities Stream reopen?

Also is a license required for a regulated occupation such as Electronics Engineers (2133)? The application guide is not clear regarding this- it may only be a requirement for those already working in Ontrario. The website referenced in the application guide notes various bridging programmes to help gain licensure etc, as it's not possible to gain licensure from outside Canada and without Canadian experience.
there were plenty of outland EE who applied and got nominated successfully without being asked for PEng

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
maged_mmh said:
there were plenty of outland EE who applied and got nominated successfully without being asked for PEng
Thanks for that. The language of the application guide is nevertheless unclear. All PNP programmes nominally state that licensure is required. I contacted New Brunswick and they told me point black that a license would be required and did not reply when I told them that it's not possible to get one from outside Canada, but I know someone who was nominated without licensure. I don't want to risk having my application refused. Is it recommended to submit information with an application declaring one's intention to gain licensure once in Canada, or would this attract unwanted attention to the licensure clause and lead to the application being rejected?

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
thinkshady said:
Ontario anticipates that it will receive its 2017 nomination allocation from the federal government before the end of November 2016, and the province expects to be in a position to accept applications for some streams in six months.

Thanks for the link. Ontario "anticipates" and "expects to be in a position"- not very reassuring given that immigration targets can change.

Does this scheme have any caps on specific NOCs or a priority occupation list?

yixiaop26

Jul 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thinkshady said:

Hi How is your CELPIP re-evaluation result ?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
johnjkjk said:
Does this scheme have any caps on specific NOCs or a priority occupation list?
None as of the last intake. But as you yourself stated earlier, when it comes to immigration policies, anything can change.

johnjkjk said:
Thanks for that. The language of the application guide is nevertheless unclear. All PNP programmes nominally state that licensure is required. I contacted New Brunswick and they told me point black that a license would be required and did not reply when I told them that it's not possible to get one from outside Canada, but I know someone who was nominated without licensure. I don't want to risk having my application refused. Is it recommended to submit information with an application declaring one's intention to gain licensure once in Canada, or would this attract unwanted attention to the licensure clause and lead to the application being rejected?
Licensure depends on each province's requirements. As of this ongoing intake, OINP only required licensing for regulated occupations for CEC/inland applicants, but not for FSW/overseas applicants.

I have also heard New Brunswick exempts the licensing requirement in certain cases.

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
bellaluna said:
None as of the last intake. But as you yourself stated earlier, when it comes to immigration policies, anything can change.

Licensure depends on each province's requirements. As of this ongoing intake, OINP only required licensing for regulated occupations for CEC/inland applicants, but not for FSW/overseas applicants.

I have also heard New Brunswick exempts the licensing requirement in certain cases.
Thanks for the info. Do you know how to request an exemption from New Brunswick?