+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP Failed

Abu Adnan

Jan 24, 2024
Dear All,

I hope this message finds you well. My wife successfully completed her Master's Degree at Trent University on January 15th, 2022. Despite her efforts, achieving CLB 7 has proven challenging. Two years later, our hopes of applying for OINP seem uncertain. She has a total work timeline of approximately 7 months, including 5 months with TD Bank on contract and her recent employment with RBC.

However, the hurdle lies in her IELTS scores (LRWS=6.5,5.5,6,6), which has left us feeling devastated. We are seeking advice and suggestions on potential pathways for obtaining PR. Personally, we are interested in Saskatchewan and would appreciate any insights or recommendations. And work permit is expiring on October 2025

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Dear All,

I hope this message finds you well. My wife successfully completed her Master's Degree at Trent University on January 15th, 2022. Despite her efforts, achieving CLB 7 has proven challenging. Two years later, our hopes of applying for OINP seem uncertain. She has a total work timeline of approximately 7 months, including 5 months with TD Bank on contract and her recent employment with RBC.

However, the hurdle lies in her IELTS scores (LRWS=6.5,5.5,6,6), which has left us feeling devastated. We are seeking advice and suggestions on potential pathways for obtaining PR. Personally, we are interested in Saskatchewan and would appreciate any insights or recommendations.

Unfortunately she is no longer eligible for OINP Masters stream if she graduated in January 2022. Read through Saskatchewan requirements. EE stream is based on SINP score and NOC. Also your education must match your work experience/NOC. Non EE streams require job offer and living and working in the province.

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

Abu Adnan

Jan 24, 2024
Unfortunately she is no longer eligible for OINP Masters stream if she graduated in January 2022. Read through Saskatchewan requirements. EE stream is based on SINP score and NOC. Non EE streams require job offer and living and working in the province.
Is there any other provinces which will be easier for us?

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Dear All,

However, the hurdle lies in her IELTS scores (LRWS=6.5,5.5,6,6), which has left us feeling devastated. We are seeking advice and suggestions on potential pathways for obtaining PR. Personally, we are interested in Saskatchewan and would appreciate any insights or recommendations. And work permit is expiring on October 2025

How did she do a masters with such low ielts

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
She achieved more than 6 in IELTS in the Academic version but couldn't cross it in the General one. Every time she loses on reading part of the General
Reading of general is much more easy than reading of academic. Ask her to give it a little more time to it and she will get through... all the best.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
She achieved more than 6 in IELTS in the Academic version but couldn't cross it in the General one. Every time she loses on reading part of the General
IELTS is a pretty easy exam. I'd highly encourage you folks to do better in it. Give it a few months and she can easily max out IELTS. Focus on the mistakes she's making and get them fixed.