+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP Expression of Interest for PNP

BK7

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
t3kids said:
I would be snatching it up if i were you.I have withdrawn and submitted my profile since June but still did not receive an invitation from Ontario :(
Sorry to hear that t3kids, whats your CRS points if I may ask?

prhelpcanada

Nov 7, 2015
Friends,

Looking for advise on other key question - If one is able to arrange employment meaning via interview and such, Can someone please explain how does LMIA work? My understanding is onus lies on that Canadian employer to do Labor Market test to evaluate if there is any Canadian citizen befitting my NOC (1122) skill code?

Please help me understand LMIA process better. I am trying to ascertain how to increase my score and if i can get 600 points earlier - meaning via OINP in FSWP category or through employment. My CRS is 420 as I lose quite a few points on age.

Thanks in advance.

BK7

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
prhelpcanada said:
Friends,

Looking for advise on other key question - If one is able to arrange employment meaning via interview and such, Can someone please explain how does LMIA work? My understanding is onus lies on that Canadian employer to do Labor Market test to evaluate if there is any Canadian citizen befitting my NOC (1122) skill code?

Please help me understand LMIA process better. I am trying to ascertain how to increase my score and if i can get 600 points earlier - meaning via OINP in FSWP category or through employment. My CRS is 420 as I lose quite a few points on age.

Thanks in advance.
As far as I have read about LMIA. It is a very painful process for the employer to get that. My client wanted to get a LMIA for me but gave up as it was a very tedious process. So unless the employer is committed to hiring you, it would be very difficult to get te LMIA. The process to get a LMIA is as follows :
  • Employer pays 1000$ and initiates process for a new LMIA.
  • Employer needs to prove to authorities that they really tried to hire locally and failed - includes newspaper adverts etc
  • They will send their own set of candidates from the job market pool so that your company evaluates them.
  • IF your company rejects all these candidates only then will they be issues a LMIA. Maybe your company also has to prove why they rejected them.

kabzik

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
prhelpcanada said:
should I invest CAD1500 to bump up score OR wait for one more draw to see if cut off goes down?
Hello, everyone.
That's an old topic, however, I would appreciate the clarification
on what kind of investment the topic starter was talking about?
Thanks!

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
kabzik said:
Hello, everyone.
That's an old topic, however, I would appreciate the clarification
on what kind of investment the topic starter was talking about?
Thanks!
The application fee for OINP is $1500 CAD.