+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP Expression of Interest for PNP

prhelpcanada

Nov 7, 2015
Friends,

I have applied for EE on 2nd Nov, 15 with CRS of 420 points from USA. I have 3 degrees, 15+ years of IT experience with 12 years of professional experience in USA. (NOC-2171)

IELTS-8

On 6th Nov, 15 - I have received Ontario PNP invitation.

I understand final decision is up to me - but would welcome suggestion/advise -

1) With my score, should I invest CAD1500 to bump up score OR wait for one more draw to see if cut off goes down? Since I have say 40 days to accept/decline OINP.
2) Would you guys advise to hire a representative and pay him $2000 Or it is straightforward and can be done?

Your advise would be greatly appreciated, rest assured.

Thanks in advance!

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
prhelpcanada said:
Friends,

I have applied for EE on 2nd Nov, 15 with CRS of 420 points from USA. I have 3 degrees, 15+ years of IT experience with 12 years of professional experience in USA. (NOC-2171)

IELTS-8

1) With my score, should I invest CAD1500 to bump up score OR wait for one more draw to see if cut off goes down? Since I have say 40 days to accept/decline OINP.
2) Would you guys advise to hire a representative and pay him $2000 Or it is straightforward and can be done?

Thanks in advance!
1) Honestly, I don't see the scores dropping to 420 in the near future. They feasibly might, of course, you are within a believable range, but in my personal opinion, it may not yet happen for a while, and current trends dictate them not going below 450 for a while now.
2) It's straightforward, I would just do it myself. That plus the fact that getting this application in order essentially gets your application to the CIC mostly in order as well, so it's worth going through. Just be prepared for extremely long waits and processing times- if you were to apply tomorrow, you wouldn't get a PNP before March-April at the earliest, judging by current timelines and trends.

prhelpcanada

Nov 7, 2015
Thank You Aragorn165 for your swift response. Much appreciated.

So, given long processing times (90-120 days conservative estimates) - does it make sense to wait for scores to go down as mostly they have gone down from 880-450 in last 10 months except for a recent spike to 480.

Alternatively, keep looking for CAN employer to get 600 points that way vs. PNP 600 points to boost CRS score.

If one gets ITA today from Federal Govt. how much time is it taking today for one to get PR - assuming all documents, experience letters are in place. Only 2 things yet to be worked upon would be Medical Check and potentially background clearance.

Please advise. Thanks again.

Ufa6174

Sep 27, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
With a CRS of 420, accepting a PNP should be a no-brainer as draws have never dipped under 450 so far (many argue it won't anytime soon either, or if it did, it would only do slightly). I received OINP Expression of Interest too but planning on declining it since my CRS score is high.

No representative will probably give you better advice than you would get by research and following this forum, so I'd advice to keep those $2K in pocket for you to enjoy in Canada in the future :)

I think most ITA applications are processed between 3 and 5 months, of course you have the exceptionally fast or slow applications here and there. Though I hear, and I'm not sure about this, that PNP ITA applications are usually processed faster.

Edit: Note that Ontario are also not processing any applications coming Dec and Jan, FYI.

Tarun401

Star Member
Aug 16, 2015
United Kingdom
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
prhelpcanada said:
Friends,

IELTS-8

>> I would highly recommend to go for OOPNP, with the trend of draws, seems it's long long wait for score to come down to your score.
>> I would not recommend this. Express entry along with OOPNP is very straight forward, their are ample info available in this forum.

Thanks in advance!
Pls see my recommendation in blue font. Hope this help you in deciding next step.

MooseNBooze

Nov 6, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2016
Doc's Request.
22-01-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
Med's Done....
22-01-2016
Passport Req..
22-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-05-2016
LANDED..........
25-12-2016
Thanks prhelpcanada for starting this discussion. I received the interest letter notification on Nov 6 as well. I have a slightly higher score (450+) and I don't know what to do with the invite.

Aragorn165 said:
1) Honestly, I don't see the scores dropping to 420 in the near future. They feasibly might, of course, you are within a believable range, but in my personal opinion, it may not yet happen for a while, and current trends dictate them not going below 450 for a while now.
2) It's straightforward, I would just do it myself. That plus the fact that getting this application in order essentially gets your application to the CIC mostly in order as well, so it's worth going through. Just be prepared for extremely long waits and processing times- if you were to apply tomorrow, you wouldn't get a PNP before March-April at the earliest, judging by current timelines and trends.
Thanks, Aragorn165 (gimli here), for the response. The timeline seems a bit ridiculous. I think I should wait for the next draw before I guzzle this $1500 worth of maple syrup. If the next round doesn't seem promising, then I will start collecting the docs and prepare to submit at the last (practically) possible date, just to see if I can squeeze by in the next couple of rounds. What say you?

prhelpcanada

Nov 7, 2015
Thank you much Tarun401 and Ufa6174.

Does having a first cousin in Toronto/Ontario helps bump up the score ;)

Is there any way for me to increase my CRS - I cannot change my age:( but can continue to look for a Canadian employer. Would learning French help increase CRS - I think if I can be in vicinity of 450, i stand a decent chance for ITA. Rest, time will tell.

Please advise.

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
prhelpcanada said:
Thank You Aragorn165 for your swift response. Much appreciated.

So, given long processing times (90-120 days conservative estimates) - does it make sense to wait for scores to go down as mostly they have gone down from 880-450 in last 10 months except for a recent spike to 480.

Alternatively, keep looking for CAN employer to get 600 points that way vs. PNP 600 points to boost CRS score.

If one gets ITA today from Federal Govt. how much time is it taking today for one to get PR - assuming all documents, experience letters are in place. Only 2 things yet to be worked upon would be Medical Check and potentially background clearance.

Please advise. Thanks again.
Well, just so you are fully aware of the timelines involved in an OINP application, let me clarify: were you to send your application today, on November 7, and it were to be received by OINP on November 9, you would not even get your Acknowledgment of Receipt (which is when they officially begin processing your application) for anywhere from 40-70 days later. Then, count the three weeks at the end of December and the three weeks in January that OINP is basically closed and does no processing or work on applications, and the earliest feasible date I estimate for your getting just your AoR is mid February 2016. After that, the stated processing time for applications is another 90 days (meaning mid May would be when you get your OINP PNP nomination), but OINP at least seems to be pretty quick with the actual application processing, and you are more likely to get your nomination within 45-60 days of applying. What all of this comes down to is you having your PNP from Ontario by April.

In spite of these long processing times, I do recommend this route for you, and the reason is simple- the scores, even if they were to continue to drop for the rest of the year, will probably not drop to 420 any time soon; by early next year, the cutoff scores will probably start rising, because most PNP programs, which are suspended currently due to not having any more nominations to issue, will be up and running again, and there will be candidates in the pool with PNP boosted scores, pushing the average up at least a little. In this case, having a PNP nomination yourself does not hurt at all. In the worst case, if you get an ITA while Ontario is processing your application, you can accept it, and withdraw your OINP application- there is no harm in that, though I think you will lose your $1500.

The Federal Government takes, officially, up to six months to process your application once they receive it. I have just received my OINP PNO myself, and am waiting for the EE ITA myself, so I cannot help you with my personal experiences in this regard like I can with the OINP programs. Regardless, I suppose the 180 day processing time is something to consider, and should give you some idea of the timelines involved.

I hope that all of this information helped you in some way!

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
MooseNBooze said:
Thanks prhelpcanada for starting this discussion. I received the interest letter notification on Nov 6 as well. I have a slightly higher score (450+) and I don't know what to do with the invite.

Thanks, Aragorn165 (gimli here), for the response. The timeline seems a bit ridiculous. I think I should wait for the next draw before I guzzle this $1500 worth of maple syrup. If the next round doesn't seem promising, then I will start collecting the docs and prepare to submit at the last (practically) possible date, just to see if I can squeeze by in the next couple of rounds. What say you?
It sounds like a smart thing to do, honestly. it won't hurt (and I sent my own application just three days before the 45 day deadline was due- cutting it a bit close, but it worked out). No harm in seeing which way the scores are trending for one cutoff, and then making a more informed decision that way :)

BK7

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everyone,

I have received an expression of Interest for PNP from Ontario and my current CRS is 435. I am a bit confused as the FAQs page on Ontario PNP states that foreign workers need to first a get a job offer from an employer before applying. But the document checklist doesnt make this mandatory. So does that mean I need to get a job offer before applying for the PNP?

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
BK7 said:
Hi Everyone,

I have received an expression of Interest for PNP from Ontario and my current CRS is 435. I am a bit confused as the FAQs page on Ontario PNP states that foreign workers need to first a get a job offer from an employer before applying. But the document checklist doesnt make this mandatory. So does that mean I need to get a job offer before applying for the PNP?
No, you don't need a job for OINP EE stream.

If you've been sent a PT notification of interest, go ahead and apply if you've got $1500

BK7

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks @One_Topsy!

Do you know what the success rate for OINP. 1500$ is a big investment, I am applying from outside Canada without any canadian work experience under NOC 2173. My husband also does not have any canadian work experience and falls under NOC 2174.

I have read that including the processing time and the Dec-Jan holiday at the OINP office, it will only be May when I will hear back on the status. Which I feel is still ok, but for my job code what is the success rate of getting a nomination.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
BK7 said:
Thanks @One_Topsy!

Do you know what the success rate for OINP. 1500$ is a big investment, I am applying from outside Canada without any canadian work experience under NOC 2173. My husband also does not have any canadian work experience and falls under NOC 2174.

I have read that including the processing time and the Dec-Jan holiday at the OINP office, it will only be May when I will hear back on the status. Which I feel is still ok, but for my job code what is the success rate of getting a nomination.
Check the members' spreadsheet reporting here, and you'll see there's a very high success rate:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wBVA84e9i-uW3SEFnrHPOECTagG4imkCUoc0SsTtukQ/edit?pli=1#gid=1449150989

The two reported rejections are due to (alleged) mismatch of work reference letter to NOC code and the accumulated work experience was not within the last 5 years.

As long as you address that and your funds are well above the LICO, there's a very good chance of getting nominated with a complete application that fulfills all of OINP's requirements.

BK7

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for your response.

I think after closely evaluating my job description to the NOC codes, I think I have messed up. My job title is similar to 2171 (Type A) but the day to day activities are more closely related to 2283 (Type B).

Now with the OINP that I have already received, would just updating my profile now suffice? Can I then apply for the nomination or will they reject my application for the wrong NOC. Should i withdraw my application and reapply?

t3kids

Star Member
Jan 2, 2015
I would be snatching it up if i were you.I have withdrawn and submitted my profile since June but still did not receive an invitation from Ontario :(