+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP Employer Job Offer: International Student stream

Jul 16, 2024
If someone is a recent college graduate, will they be eligible for the OINP Employer Job Offer: International Student Stream if they receive a Government and Public Sector Job? I'm curious because the employer eligibility for this stream comes with revenue requirements.

Does this stream only apply to private sector jobs? If not, how should the revenue requirement part be handled?

tee2406

Star Member
Jun 6, 2024
If someone is a recent college graduate, will they be eligible for the OINP Employer Job Offer: International Student Stream if they receive a Government and Public Sector Job? I'm curious because the employer eligibility for this stream comes with revenue requirements.

Does this stream only apply to private sector jobs? If not, how should the revenue requirement part be handled?
You can as long as your employer is willing to fill the form and they meet the revenue that is required.
You employer would know what their revenue. Revenue can be donations or a sale of a product. What does your company do and I might you with the types of revenue you might have. since you said gvt, it can be funding that they receive to run a certain program. As long as you re getting paid, that company has revenue.

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2024
Thanks for the response.

It's complicated because the employer form requires the CRA number of the business, which government organizations don't have since they don't generate revenue. I have also submitted a webform to Ontario Immigration.

yowhatsup

Oct 11, 2023
You can as long as your employer is willing to fill the form and they meet the revenue that is required.
You employer would know what their revenue. Revenue can be donations or a sale of a product. What does your company do and I might you with the types of revenue you might have. since you said gvt, it can be funding that they receive to run a certain program. As long as you re getting paid, that company has revenue.
is there a way to expedite the process through a web form or a supporting letter? Am facing challenges with confirming two job offers cause of OINP timeline as my pgwp is expiring in august. I'd appreciate if you could check my post as well.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
is there a way to expedite the process through a web form or a supporting letter? Am facing challenges with confirming two job offers cause of OINP timeline as my pgwp is expiring in august. I'd appreciate if you could check my post as well.
When was your NOC and OINP score selected? Expedite what process? When applied for PR did you include your work permit support letter to apply for a work permit while your PR application is being processed? Don’t think there is a way to expedite as your support letter is valid for 6 months.

Reactions: yowhatsup

tee2406

Star Member
Jun 6, 2024
even if you get nominated, you cannot accept another job that is not with the company that signed you employer form. Employer job offer is employer specific otherwise you will lose your nomination.

yowhatsup

Oct 11, 2023
even if you get nominated, you cannot accept another job that is not with the company that signed you employer form. Employer job offer is employer specific otherwise you will lose your nomination.
No I’ll pick one and will stick to them. Am concerned about the delay in ITAs. I am looking for a way not to create a gap in employment after August 30

yowhatsup

Oct 11, 2023
When was your NOC and OINP score selected? Expedite what process? When applied for PR did you include your work permit support letter to apply for a work permit while your PR application is being processed? Don’t think there is a way to expedite as your support letter is valid for 6 months.

NOC is 21223 and OINP score is 83. They do tech occupations draw under hcp which I’m waiting for. Also, the job offer international student stream if I’m going ahead with the employment

Am not yet in the PR stage

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
NOC is 21223 and OINP score is 83. They do tech occupations draw under hcp which I’m waiting for. Also, the job offer international student stream if I’m going ahead with the employment

There just was a EE-CEC draw. So work permit extension is not an option for you until you receive ITA to apply for BOWP (if eligible) or get nomination, apply through OINP and then apply for PR including work permit application with work support letter. Nothing to expedite if not even nominated or have ITA.

FYI - fore OINP, you will lose 10 points in August if work permit is no longer valid

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

FYI - for OINP, you will lose 10 points in August if work permit is no longer valid.

yowhatsup

Oct 11, 2023
There just was a EE-CEC draw. So work permit extension is not an option for you until you receive ITA to apply for BOWP (if eligible) or get nomination, apply through OINP and then apply for PR including work permit application with work support letter. Nothing to expedite if not even nominated or have ITA.
Yeah I saw that.. it’s quite a big draw.
Am not looking at CEC. Stem draw or 2 OINP streams

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Is it not about at the time of applying?
You mean submitting an expression of interest? No that isn’t a lock in date. As per site,

If you are invited to apply, you will be required to submit specific documents to support each scoring factor for which you received points. Scoring factors are not the same as stream criteria. You must meet all criteria for this stream and provide the mandatory documents with your application.

yowhatsup

Oct 11, 2023
Oh okay, makes sense. Then, my best case scenario would be to receive one of the ITAs before August and get into implied status.

An ITA from the OINP hcp (tech occupations) draw could be the best but the job offer should be alive till then.

May be should I start with a job no matter what and hope for the best?