+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - Employer Job Offer : Foreign worker stream

gollum12

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
oh nooooo

Please note that the OINP has reached its registration intake limit for this stream. No new registrations will be accepted for this stream at this time. For more information please visit the OINP website.

rfc_club

Star Member
Mar 21, 2017
Please note that the OINP has reached its registration intake limit for this stream. No new registrations will be accepted for this stream at this time. For more information please visit the OINP website.
Well I was in front gate of heaven and could not open it.

Last edited:

gollum12

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
OINP, as of July 9, 2020, 3,932 nominations has been issued (in a total of 7,350).

Yesterday, I guessed they'll open around 600, 700 slots for FWS... after the situation today (and Mar 2020)... I'm not sure what to expect now...

rfc_club

Star Member
Mar 21, 2017
I went to the portal and still saw people with 400 slots ahead.. so it seems that this draw was just 300-400. Some of us here were keeping submit and fail and submit and fail, so it means the slots had been fullfiled even when we entering e-Portal.
So I guess they will open for Master stream first, then maybe they will give Employer Offer a last chance. Actually, the real target of PNP is EE, so those draws are just lucky testing only. But at least we can control what we can control and let things we cannot control happen.

Last edited:

gollum12

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
On the silver lining, in 2019, when OINP close the stream for the year, they updated

The Employer Job Offer Foreign Worker and International Student streams have seen a significant increase in applications in 2019 and due to Ontario’s limited nomination allocation from the Federal government, the province has met its application target for these streams for the year.
We will see in a few days if they indeed close it for the rest of the year...

rfc_club

Star Member
Mar 21, 2017
Btw I have a question that whether should I click on New Applicant or Returning User in next time ? Maybe New ?
So disappointed, but seems I need to work harder.
My thought is this draw is fair, because last time they didnt inform, and people complained why the draw happened too fast but now they informed before hand so people have time for preparation. Congrats to people getting the confirmation email, I believe the system just rejected submission after it reached its limit, that's why we saw the busy state. Unless they have a priority queue for people stay inside the portal, I think problem is just be quick or be miss.

Last edited:

dkincanada

Jul 8, 2020
Dear members,

I have a question regarding the “Proposed Amendments to Ontario Regulation 422/17 (General), a Minister's Regulation made under the Ontario Immigration Act, 2015.”

The amendments were proposed in January 16, 2020. Following was proposed for Employer Job offer: International Student Stream and Foreign Worker Stream:

“Introduce limits on the number of applications for approval of an employment position that can be submitted in a calendar year that are proportional to the size of the employer's workforce, as follows:
1 application per 5 existing permanent and full-time employees (employment position within the GTA)

1 application per 3 existing permanent and full-time employees (employment position outside the GTA)”

Could anyone confirm if these amendments are in order. I am asking specifically for the Employer Job offer: Foreign Worker Stream intake happened today (July 21, 2020). As per OINP website there is no information on this as of today.

rfc_club

Star Member
Mar 21, 2017
I means that if your working office in GTA, it should have at least 5 PR or locals to nominate you. The same happens outside GTA but it just requires to have 3 PR/locals to nominate you. Those rules are in order now I think, before that they are hidden rules, but now they are official rules. So if your company have 8 people and already nominated 1 slot before, they need to hire 2-3 ppl (not foreign worker/student) more to continue nominate.
And you need to have median wage correspond to region you are living, so you can get PR.

dkincanada

Jul 8, 2020
I means that if your working office in GTA, it should have at least 5 PR or locals to nominate you. The same happens outside GTA but it just requires to have 3 PR/locals to nominate you. Those rules are in order now I think, before that they are hidden rules, but now they are official rules. So if your company have 8 people and already nominated 1 slot before, they need to hire 2-3 ppl (not foreign worker/student) more to continue nominate.
And you need to have median wage correspond to region you are living, so you can get PR.
yes i know that, but they proposed the above amendment that only 1 applicant per year for same employer. That is what I want to confirm if the amendment is in order or not yet.

rfc_club

Star Member
Mar 21, 2017
yes i know that, but they proposed the above amendment that only 1 applicant per year for same employer. That is what I want to confirm if the amendment is in order or not yet.
I haven't heard anything similar. If you print out the Employer Form you will see a question about is there any applications the company supported in last 12 months. They will search information on that company to see whether it's legal or not. So, I understand that if my office has 100 ppl, it can get 20 nominations per year.

Fonca

Oct 24, 2019
OMG, I’ve read through these few last pages and my heart was skipping a beat!!
I know this was it for me when I applied, I don’t have a chance with EE... but this year this stream has been super cruel and fast closing... If it was like that last year, I wouldn’t have had time to get in bc I remember I was at work when it opened, and I applied a week later. Gosh!!!!
My heart goes to all of you trying so hard to get a spot ❤

OliviaBBB

Star Member
May 25, 2020
Can anyone answer this question:
We have 4 people at the office.(not 5) But we have contractors who work for us so we have a lot of people... but they are contractors... Do I qualify?I did not count my boss. Only 4 people are on pay roll
HELP!

gollum12

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
Can anyone answer this question:
We have 4 people at the office.(not 5) But we have contractors who work for us so we have a lot of people... but they are contractors... Do I qualify?I did not count my boss. Only 4 people are on pay roll
HELP!
In the employer form said it's the "number of full-time employers (who are citizens for permanent residents)".
So if your company is in GTA, you will not qualify.
(but sent them an email to confirm, I tried and they reply quickly).

OliviaBBB

Star Member
May 25, 2020
In the employer form said it's the "number of full-time employers (who are citizens for permanent residents)".
So if your company is in GTA, you will not qualify.
(but sent them an email to confirm, I tried and they reply quickly).
Are you sure? Does my boss count? or only people who are on payroll?