+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - EE - Human Capital Priorities Stream - Comprehensive Guide

Nad86

Star Member
Jan 19, 2016
g126 said:
I believe this is more of a guideline than a rule in the sense that it is there to help those that have to translate their documents for the first time and are applying from within Ontario. I honestly think that if you've got certified translations from where the documents were ISSUED you should be fine. HOWEVER, if we're talking about one or two documents and you want to be 100% on the safe side why not get them translated again in Ontario and not have to worry about a possible rejection because your reviewing officer understands the above as a rule and not a guideline?
Because the documents are all in my home country and translating here is so expensive, but you are right. I have to think about it more carefully. Thanks.

ramansingh05

Dec 15, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi Visa Office
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
CRS- 422
Doc's Request.
Awaited
Nomination.....
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
Awaited
IELTS Request
08-10-2016
Med's Request
12-05-2017
Med's Done....
12-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Awaited
LANDED..........
Awaited
Here is the update

February 21, 2017

IMPORTANT NOTICE

Re: International Masters and PhD Graduate Streams and Human Capital Priorities Stream now open

The OINP is now accepting 2017 applications for the International Masters Graduate Stream and International PhD Graduate Stream.

The OINP is also reopening the Ontario Express Entry Human Capital Priorities Stream. The OINP is now identifying qualified applicants from the federal government’s Express Entry pool and will issue Notifications of Interest to applicants that meet the criteria.

The OINP has also launched online application systems for these streams to improve customer service, help improve processing times and make it easier to apply

To ensure processing efficiency and quality customer service, the OINP will be monitoring the volume of applications to each of these streams. These streams will be paused and reopened periodically throughout the year until the province’s 2017 federal allocation is fulfilled. Stakeholders will be informed when streams are temporarily paused and reopened again via this OINP Updates page.

Please refer to the application guides for further details on applying to each of these streams: International Masters Graduate Stream; International PhD Graduate Stream; and Ontario Express Entry Human Capital Priorities Stream.

New for the International Masters Graduate Stream
Changes have been made to the International Masters Graduate Stream. Applicants can now apply if they are residing in Ontario or abroad, and have the option of obtaining their language test through an alternate service provider.

The OINP is committed to improving its client experience and online application systems. For example, the OINP is reviewing its employer-driven streams to better respond to employer needs, and help improve processing times. Online application systems are also being developed over the coming months for the employer-driven streams, and will be in place as these streams reopen.

Questions?

Please monitor this OINP Updates page for news, announcements and program developments.

Nad86

Star Member
Jan 19, 2016
Hi Guys. Please update us whether you have received NOI or not? I am also waiting. An important issue is whether there is still a bug in their system or not in identifying previously built profiles.

TECC_Seneca

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ramansingh05 said:
Here is the update

February 21, 2017

IMPORTANT NOTICE

Re: International Masters and PhD Graduate Streams and Human Capital Priorities Stream now open

The OINP is now accepting 2017 applications for the International Masters Graduate Stream and International PhD Graduate Stream.

The OINP is also reopening the Ontario Express Entry Human Capital Priorities Stream. The OINP is now identifying qualified applicants from the federal government’s Express Entry pool and will issue Notifications of Interest to applicants that meet the criteria.

The OINP has also launched online application systems for these streams to improve customer service, help improve processing times and make it easier to apply

To ensure processing efficiency and quality customer service, the OINP will be monitoring the volume of applications to each of these streams. These streams will be paused and reopened periodically throughout the year until the province’s 2017 federal allocation is fulfilled. Stakeholders will be informed when streams are temporarily paused and reopened again via this OINP Updates page.

Please refer to the application guides for further details on applying to each of these streams: International Masters Graduate Stream; International PhD Graduate Stream; and Ontario Express Entry Human Capital Priorities Stream.

New for the International Masters Graduate Stream
Changes have been made to the International Masters Graduate Stream. Applicants can now apply if they are residing in Ontario or abroad, and have the option of obtaining their language test through an alternate service provider.

The OINP is committed to improving its client experience and online application systems. For example, the OINP is reviewing its employer-driven streams to better respond to employer needs, and help improve processing times. Online application systems are also being developed over the coming months for the employer-driven streams, and will be in place as these streams reopen.

Questions?

Please monitor this OINP Updates page for news, announcements and program developments.
Hello so I have my sister creating an express entry profile. Her points are 415 approximately. She is an outland applicant from India. She will soon take her IELTS and the WES is currently in process. I was wondering if anyone has predictions about the OINP human capital stream as in how lomg would these invitations last? Any idea when they would exactly start sending invitations?
For someone with 415 points is there any possibility of getting an invite under OINP(human capital) or Express entry(FSW)

Thanks. Appreciate your answers

ash110

Jun 26, 2015
Applied under FSW 403 Points. waiting for PT notification NOC 1311. Currently working in Canada on PGWP. Hoping for the invitation soon.

Rex4Canada

Jan 9, 2017
OINP reopened for Express Entry Human Capital Priorities Stream and 2 other streams. It says "OINP is now identifying qualified applicants".

I believe that the CRS requirement of 400 & above remains unchanged. Has anyone received PT/NoI?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Rex4Canada said:
OINP reopened for Express Entry Human Capital Priorities Stream and 2 other streams. It says "OINP is now identifying qualified applicants".

I believe that the CRS requirement of 400 & above remains unchanged. Has anyone received PT/NoI?
Correct. Hopefully, we'll see the first set of PTs since Feb 2016 this week.

Good luck everyone - hope the process goes smooth and quick for you guys!

ramansingh05

Dec 15, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi Visa Office
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
CRS- 422
Doc's Request.
Awaited
Nomination.....
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
Awaited
IELTS Request
08-10-2016
Med's Request
12-05-2017
Med's Done....
12-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Awaited
LANDED..........
Awaited
Hi all,
I'm targeting OINP with 422 CRS. Could anyone tell that when can I expect to get NOI from OINP and how actually it works. Should I re-create my profile if I don't get it by today or should I wait..!! Pls help
Thanks in advance

Nad86

Star Member
Jan 19, 2016
For this time, they seem to be very strict on the supporting documents for the previous work experience. Work contracts and pay stubs became mandatory.

tan09

Mar 2, 2013
Hello all,

A potential applicant wants to know if his work experience is adequate to satisfy the OINP criteria. He has 2 years experience in primary NOC and more experience earlier. Currently, he is involved in personal business since 2016. Since he is currently not pursuing a full time job, will he qualify for OINP or EE?

TIA.

Nad86

Star Member
Jan 19, 2016
ramansingh05 said:
Hi all,
I'm targeting OINP with 422 CRS. Could anyone tell that when can I expect to get NOI from OINP and how actually it works. Should I re-create my profile if I don't get it by today or should I wait..!! Pls help
Thanks in advance
Hello. What seems reasonable is that, they will issue the NOI after the next CIC draw. They may want to see what would be the minimum CRS score and then send PTs for those who have the score between 400 and the minimum CIC score. Does anyone have any idea about this? What happened last year? Is there any relation between CIC draw time and PT times?

Nad86

Star Member
Jan 19, 2016
tan09 said:
Hello all,

A potential applicant wants to know if his work experience is adequate to satisfy the OINP criteria. He has 2 years experience in primary NOC and more experience earlier. Currently, he is involved in personal business since 2016. Since he is currently not pursuing a full time job, will he qualify for OINP or EE?

TIA.
Hello. For eligibility under FSW, he should have gained 1 year work experience from that two-year period within last five years form the date of the NOI from Ontario, but under Canadian Experience Class, it should be within last three years.

tan09

Mar 2, 2013
Nad86 said:
Hello. For eligibility under FSW, he should have gained 1 year work experience from that two-year period within last five years form the date of the NOI from Ontario, but under Canadian Experience Class, it should be within last three years.
Sorry not clarifying, he wants to apply under FSWP EE or OINP, he is not in canada. He worked in the NOC for which he wants to claim work experience points from late 2013 to early 2016, in addition to work experience earlier. In the meantime, he had a break for post graduation and jobs in other NOC. So do you think he might qualify for OINP/ EE?

Is it necessary to account for each period of employment and unemployment in the application? Should it be done under Work history, or is there some kind of option for Personal history to account for same? Also if a person has period of unemployment, does he get less priority as OINP identifies candidates?

Seniors, please advise.