Doc's Request.
16/04/2010 (old)
AOR Received.
11/08/2010 (old)
File Transfer...
20/04/2010 (old)
Hello everyone,

Good day!
Will there be a chance that OINP will issue targeted NOIs to ICT nocs this year with CRS below 400?

Thank you.
Hi friend.
I too am waiting with a crs of 383. Noc 2174. This june my crs comes down to 273. I am 42 this june.
what's your CRS bro ?
Let's hope for the best...
Thanks

shersingh

Oct 5, 2017
Hello everyone,

Good day!
Will there be a chance that OINP will issue targeted NOIs to ICT nocs this year with CRS below 400?

Thank you.
Chances look bleak, not just for folks below 400, I m just saying in general. There would be tons of folks already in the 400-433 range. In addition, there has not been any NOI(HCP) in over 2 months now and the pool would have new candidates in the 433+ range in case OINP performs another search.

Reactions: Johnny Ghaddar

holygrail15

Star Member
Sep 1, 2017
Chances look bleak, not just for folks below 400, I m just saying in general. There would be tons of folks already in the 400-433 range. In addition, there has not been any NOI(HCP) in over 2 months now and the pool would have new candidates in the 433+ range in case OINP performs another search.
I understand but I would just like to quote this from CICnews
https://www.cicnews.com/2017/06/ontario-express-entry-stream-targets-information-and-communications-technology-workers-069278.html#gs.sfdYVxo

According to a 2016 report published by the Information and Communications Technology Council (ICTC), a publicly-funded non-for-profit think tank, it is projected that Canada needs 182,000 new ICT workers by 2019, with more needed in Ontario than in any other province.

Ontario is a magnet for ICT workers and corporations alike, who are attracted by the opportunities in cities such as Toronto, Waterloo, and Hamilton, among others. Ontario is Canada’s ICT leader, contributing $31.6 billion to the total Canadian ICT output in 2015 alone.

Notably, about 25 percent of Ontario’s provincial nominees in 2016 were ICT workers. The province’s Minister of Immigration, Laura Albanese, recently disclosed at an immigration law conference in Toronto that the HCP Stream has invited candidates across more than 250 occupations, including ICT occupations.

holygrail15

Star Member
Sep 1, 2017
Hi friend.
I too am waiting with a crs of 383. Noc 2174. This june my crs comes down to 273. I am 42 this june.
what's your CRS bro ?
Let's hope for the best...
Thanks
My CRS is 390 with IELTS = L8 R9 S8 W6.5 but I am not just sure if they will go as low as below 300 CRS. Last year, the CRS i've known the lowest given NOI was 351. But let's hope for the best.

shersingh

Oct 5, 2017
True, but it is possible that 25% of the existing NOIs are already IT based. Plus majority of 1800 Nominations that are carried over from 2017 would be from the July 2017 NOI that was ICT targeted. So, it may be possible that OINP still sends more NOI for this year, but what I meant was there would be a ton of folks with score above 400. Last year scenario was was a little different, with CRS down to a record low and the CRS pool was also less crowded. See, there are 6,000 people only in the 430-440 range. There are many more in 401-430.

holygrail15

Star Member
Sep 1, 2017
True, but it is possible that 25% of the existing NOIs are already IT based. Plus majority of 1800 Nominations that are carried over from 2017 would be from the July 2017 NOI that was ICT targeted. So, it may be possible that OINP still sends more NOI for this year, but what I meant was there would be a ton of folks with score above 400. Last year scenario was was a little different, with CRS down to a record low and the CRS pool was also less crowded. See, there are 6,000 people only in the 430-440 range. There are many more in 401-430.
Right so if July 2017 ICT NOIs have been carried out in this year's 25% allocation, there might be also a chance that they might carry out the excess NOIs this year in the next year's allocation because of the high demand with ICT workers.

Also, take in to consideration the trend on the previous draws this year vs last year, there were a lot of people who were sitting in the range you mentioned last year than in 2018. Also, if there are really a lot of people who is on the range you mentioned, why would OINP be issuing targeted NOIs to francophones and those with job offers with CRS as low as 351? Anyway, for your reference-

https://www.canadavisa.com/express-entry-invitations-to-apply-issued.html

On the other hand, I am not saying that OINP will again re-issue targeted NOIs this year to ICT NOCs with CRS below 400 (Which I hope they do) based on the facts stated above. Maybe they're just re-calibrating their processes as of the moment that's why they paused for a while.

shersingh

Oct 5, 2017
Right so if July 2017 ICT NOIs have been carried out in this year's 25% allocation, there might be also a chance that they might carry out the excess NOIs this year in the next year's allocation because of the high demand with ICT workers.

Also, take in to consideration the trend on the previous draws this year vs last year, there were a lot of people who were sitting in the range you mentioned last year than in 2018. Also, if there are really a lot of people who is on the range you mentioned, why would OINP be issuing targeted NOIs to francophones and those with job offers with CRS as low as 351? Anyway, for your reference-

https://www.canadavisa.com/express-entry-invitations-to-apply-issued.html

On the other hand, I am not saying that OINP will again re-issue targeted NOIs this year to ICT NOCs with CRS below 400 (Which I hope they do) based on the facts stated above. Maybe they're just re-calibrating their processes as of the moment that's why they paused for a while.
They would definitely re-calculate how many spots are left and have paused for a while. lets hope for that, but still 1800 Nominations + 2500 NOIs that alone is 4300. I had read somewhere from 2016<no references handy> that 50% must go to HCP. So, not sure if they will send more or not.
Additionally 5% are supposed to be for Francophone candidates, I don't think there would be a ton of french speaking folks in the range. The one who speak both languages are already reaping benefits for additional score.

holygrail15

Star Member
Sep 1, 2017
They would definitely re-calculate how many spots are left and have paused for a while. lets hope for that, but still 1800 Nominations + 2500 NOIs that alone is 4300. I had read somewhere from 2016<no references handy> that 50% must go to HCP. So, not sure if they will send more or not.
Additionally 5% are supposed to be for Francophone candidates, I don't think there would be a ton of french speaking folks in the range. The one who speak both languages are already reaping benefits for additional score.
But not everyone who gets NOIs actually gets eventual nomination. I would like to mention that they've announced their multi-year plan (2018-2020) for immigration. However, based on the figures in the link below, you can see that they weren't able to reach their target during the previous years and based on the current draws- I doubt they would do if they continue with the current trend this year.

https://www.cicnews.com/2018/04/crs-cut-off-reaches-new-2018-low-in-latest-express-entry-draw-0410437.html#gs.6A_=aiY

The figures also do not show the high demand in ICT workers. We'll have yet to see what will be realized in the succeeding draws.. Let's hope for a favorable outcome.

Are you also in ICT?

shersingh

Oct 5, 2017
But not everyone who gets NOIs actually gets eventual nomination. I would like to mention that they've announced their multi-year plan (2018-2020) for immigration. However, based on the figures in the link below, you can see that they weren't able to reach their target during the previous years and based on the current draws- I doubt they would do if they continue with the current trend this year.

https://www.cicnews.com/2018/04/crs-cut-off-reaches-new-2018-low-in-latest-express-entry-draw-0410437.html#gs.6A_=aiY

The figures also do not show the high demand in ICT workers. We'll have yet to see what will be realized in the succeeding draws.. Let's hope for a favorable outcome.

Are you also in ICT?
Yes I am.

arpitasnow

Star Member
Oct 24, 2017
Hi,

Need a suggestion on whether it would be correct to write to the Ontario PNP team. Its been over a month now and my application is still in submitted status.

is82pk

Jan 11, 2018
Hi,

Need a suggestion on whether it would be correct to write to the Ontario PNP team. Its been over a month now and my application is still in submitted status.
I think the best thing to do is just wait for the update as it's normal to take even longer for a case to progress. I guess you just have to be patient and keep the 90 days time in mind for any final decision on your application. If you have provided all the required documents, your case should be processed within 90 days, otherwise you may get some ADR or PFL in case there is anything missing in your application. You can see from immitracker (https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/ontario-human-capital-priorities-stream-tracker/fullscreen) that the time ranges from a few weeks for some applications to move to assessment while for others it took more than 2 months. So just be patient and hope for the best. Good luck!

ABhola

Star Member
Oct 24, 2017
India
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
09-07-2018
Hi,

There is no harm in writing to them and clarifying your concerns. Time frame could be different for every application but the reply from OINP team would be relevant to your application.

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
Hi,

Even if you call you will get a standard reply that it is normal and it is still within 90 days, now it is upto you.

shersingh

Oct 5, 2017

Are you also in ICT?
How do you deduce targets were not met from this link? This,IMO, only provides the number of ITAs issued by April compared to the overall target of 2018.