AOR Received.
08-11-2016
Med's Done....
10-11-2016
Passport Req..
03-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2017
I have sent the DD from thomas cook. Anyone know why they have returned DD from western union? Will using thomas cook for DD will also be a problem?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
ppahuja said:
Here is an update of my conversation with ICICI forex support:
After providing them with my DD no, they mentioned they are unable to locate any records, i.e. it has not yet been encashed. Also, they mentioned these bank drafts are valid for 3 months post issue date. That was another bummer for me :'(. So, if OINP doesn't get it cleared in next couple of days, they will be returning my bank draft for further renewal :eek:. Now, considering my application package is complete (my assumption), I will be screwed for no fault of mine. Super confused ???
Someone previously confirmed that all foreign currency DDs are valid for 6 months if there is no expiry date mentioned on it. On my DD, there is no expiry date. The people who are answering calls (at least most of them) have little clue about this. 3 months is crappy validity for a foreign currency DD.

It would help if we ask some Indian applicants who had applied before and they got AOR even after their DD had crossed the 3 month mark. I personally think 6 months is the validity.

bhavcaluk

Aug 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ppahuja said:
Here is an update of my conversation with ICICI forex support:
After providing them with my DD no, they mentioned they are unable to locate any records, i.e. it has not yet been encashed. Also, they mentioned these bank drafts are valid for 3 months post issue date. That was another bummer for me :'(. So, if OINP doesn't get it cleared in next couple of days, they will be returning my bank draft for further renewal :eek:. Now, considering my application package is complete (my assumption), I will be screwed for no fault of mine. Super confused ???
All international DD are valid for 6 months. The dd /cheques with in INDIA are valid for 3 months.

bhavcaluk

Aug 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vivekskumar8544 said:
I have sent the DD from thomas cook. Anyone know why they have returned DD from western union? Will using thomas cook for DD will also be a problem?
The DD has to be from a bank. Western union and Thomas cook are not banks

ppahuja

Apr 29, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bhavcaluk said:
All international DD are valid for 6 months. The dd /cheques with in INDIA are valid for 3 months.
I'm sceptical about what has been mentioned above. ICICI Forex services confirmed over call and in person that all drafts/cheques (domestic/international) are valid for 3 months based RBI guidelines. But I'm hoping against hope that it is not true!!

shashidhar_sm

May 21, 2015
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
07-07-2017
ppahuja said:
I'm sceptical about what has been mentioned above. ICICI Forex services confirmed over call and in person that all drafts/cheques (domestic/international) are valid for 3 months based RBI guidelines. But I'm hoping against hope that it is not true!!
The person who handed me the FDD confirmed that it is valid for 6 months. I got it from ICICI too.

However, I've to point it out here that the information the customer care folks doled out to me was in stark contrast to what the bank's branch manager and officer told me for almost every query I had. For ex, when I called up ICICI's customer care to enquire about the branches that could help me get an FDD, I was informed that every branch near me offered the service. But it turned out that only one of the 6 branches near me had this facility.

ppahuja

Apr 29, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shashidhar_sm said:
The person who handed me the FDD confirmed that it is valid for 6 months. I got it from ICICI too.

However, I've to point it out here that the information the customer care folks doled out to me was in stark contrast to what the bank's branch manager and officer told me for almost every query I had. For ex, when I called up ICICI's customer care to enquire about the branches that could help me get an FDD, I was informed that every branch near me offered the service. But it turned out that only one of the 6 branches near me had this facility.
Thnks. For now, let's consider it is for 6 months until I hear otherwise from OINP. Good luck!!

mohitbector

Star Member
Oct 31, 2015
Haryana
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
06-03-2019
rajkamalmohanram said:
THIS IS FOR ALL EE APPLICANTS WHO HAVE RECEIVED A PT FROM ONTARIO.

Please be advised that each one of you who has got a PT AND who have already/are going to submit a COMPLETE application package within the 45 day mark from the date of PT (Human Capital priorities Stream AND Fresh Speaking Workers Stream) WILL HAVE YOUR APPLICATIONS PROCESSED, NO MATTER HOW LONG THE DELAY IS..

All your applications will be processed. The only reason they will return your application is when you have sent in an incomplete application. THE APPLICATION WILL NOT BE RETURNED BECAUSE OF CAP.

The news from OINP office is that people who have submitted their applications before September 15, 2015 will have their applications processed this year. Applications submitted after that will be processed in 2016. Nonetheless, the applications will be processed.

Good luck to all and all the very best :) .
thanku so much bro :)

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
rajkamalmohanram said:
Someone previously confirmed that all foreign currency DDs are valid for 6 months if there is no expiry date mentioned on it. On my DD, there is no expiry date. The people who are answering calls (at least most of them) have little clue about this. 3 months is crappy validity for a foreign currency DD.

It would help if we ask some Indian applicants who had applied before and they got AOR even after their DD had crossed the 3 month mark. I personally think 6 months is the validity.
i asked the bank they confirmed it is valid for 6 months.

vivekskumar8544

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-10-2015
Nomination.....
27-09-2016
AOR Received.
08-11-2016
Med's Done....
10-11-2016
Passport Req..
03-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2017
bhavcaluk said:
The DD has to be from a bank. Western union and Thomas cook are not banks
Is there anyone got any update from OINP due to this?

Will they reject the application or they will give time to send them new DD from bank?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
vivekskumar8544 said:
Is there anyone got any update from OINP due to this?

Will they reject the application or they will give time to send them new DD from bank?
I remember seeing one case where the application was returned because the person took the services of Western Union. When they return the application, you will have a chance to change the mode of payment and send them the entire package back again.

Good luck!

vivekskumar8544

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-10-2015
Nomination.....
27-09-2016
AOR Received.
08-11-2016
Med's Done....
10-11-2016
Passport Req..
03-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2017
rajkamalmohanram said:
I remember seeing one case where the application was returned because the person took the services of Western Union. When they return the application, you will have a chance to change the mode of payment and send them the entire package back again.

Good luck!
thanks raj, will wait and see their response... :( :(

varun2015

Feb 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
application hand delivered on Nov 9, No AOR yet, Called bank DD not cashed yet.

PiyushAgrawal06121985

Oct 20, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2015
Nomination.....
10-02-2016
AOR Received.
14-03-2016
Med's Request
None
Med's Done....
20-02-2016
Unfortunately no updates yet! Hoping (again) that Friday should bring some cheer!