+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP Application sent in March 2016

EdBell

Star Member
Jan 21, 2016
MZASAM said:
Bestofluck, Raj, Seniors: Just going through the Nov to Mar threads..The excitement has lowered after most of the applicants got AoR.s.
Daily, I am monitoring if NoM's are being issued..but ..Any way to know if applicants started getting NoM's outside this forum.
The threads, if you observe has very less activity. A few batches of NoM's may bring the enthusiasm back. :'( :'( :'(
When do you think we will be receiving news about nominations? In 3 months?

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
EdBell said:
When do you think we will be receiving news about nominations? In 3 months?
why not 3 years? ::)

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
Any Updates of AOR from the remaining March applicants ?

Awaiting AOR updates from

JoanCloete 3-Mar-16
Charrington 7-Mar-16
skang404 9-Mar-16
vignesh91292 14-Mar-16

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
bestofluck said:
Because Edbell is still in senses..not like us out of senses :p
:p :p :p

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
http://www.oopnp.com/2016/08/14/oinp-deliberately-processing-less-than-50-of-applications-everyday-compared-to-2015-oinp-employee-quotes/

Saw this on another forum and thought it would interest you guys.. Basically OINP reduced the minimum CRS score to 400 (previously 430) for the 2016/2015 cycle, which was a total disaster as it flooded them with applications. This means they got 40% more applications than they excepted. Hence the rejections for trivial reasons that we've all being seeing... It seems that when the process reopens they'll raise the bar and set a minimum CRS of 450.. It's unclear what will happen to excess applications of the current cycle but I reckon that it will go into the 2017 quota, as it would be very unfair for them to reject candidates, who have already paid the admin fee, due to their blunder in lowering the minimum CRS too much...

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
g126 said:
http://www.oopnp.com/2016/08/14/oinp-deliberately-processing-less-than-50-of-applications-everyday-compared-to-2015-oinp-employee-quotes/

Saw this on another forum and thought it would interest you guys.. Basically OINP reduced the minimum CRS score to 400 (previously 430) for the 2016/2015 cycle, which was a total disaster as it flooded them with applications. This means they got 40% more applications than they excepted. Hence the rejections for trivial reasons that we've all being seeing... It seems that when the process reopens they'll raise the bar and set a minimum CRS of 450.. It's unclear what will happen to excess applications of the current cycle but I reckon that it will go into the 2017 quota, as it would be very unfair for them to reject candidates, who have already paid the admin fee, due to their blunder in lowering the minimum CRS too much...
This is not true at all. They are never flooded with the applications. They have just accepted the number they are suppose to i.e 5500 plus some extra taking into consideration some might be rejected or returned.

Do not panic about rejections because of the quota. They will never reject any application just because they want to reduce number of nominations. They will always be honest in Investigating each and every application.

OOPNP and many other websites are spreading rumors and talk rubbish. Please do not get carried away with such news

you can subscribe to Canada Immigration newsletter for accurate news. http://www.cicnews.com/

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
bestofluck said:
This is not true at all. They are never flooded with the applications. They have just accepted the number they are suppose to i.e 5500 plus some extra taking into consideration some might be rejected or returned.

Do not panic about rejections because of the quota. They will never reject any application just because they want to reduce number of nominations. They will always be honest in Investigating each and every application.
I beg to differ my friend! I think they go a lot more than they bargained for when they lowered the bar (to CRS 400), which therefore led to the massive delays we've been seeing... How else would you explain AORs taking 180+ days when they're suppose to take no longer than 90?

Although I do agree with you about rejections due to quota, I don't think that will happen as it would be stupidly unfair to take a candidate's $1500 then reject him for quota reasons... I do think that the excess number of candidates will end up being processed as part of the 2016-2017 quota (so in November)... If this happens then there will be less invitations for the next cycle, which is why they are considering raising the bar so high (CRS 450).

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
g126 said:
I beg to differ my friend! I think they go a lot more than they bargained for when they lowered the bar (to CRS 400), which therefore led to the massive delays we've been seeing... How else would you explain AORs taking 180+ days when they're suppose to take no longer than 90?
Well yes they have taken more time to process. more than 180 days for many. But CRS 450 would have made no difference. they would have accepted the same number of applications ( without us obviously). They stopped sending the PT after Feb.

There are various reasons which are visible.

1. They have a backlog. ( why god knows)
2. They have changed all officers. may be there was mass resignation or they chunked all of them out. But the staff is changed is very obvious
3. They are binding to IRCC and have to follow guidelines of IRCC so that the DRAW are not affected because the whole PR process is governed by IRCC.
4. They are diligently working to update the whole processing to online system

There must be other reasons which are not visible to us.

malican

May 24, 2016
bestofluck said:
Well yes they have taken more time to process. more than 180 days for many. But CRS 450 would have made no difference. they would have accepted the same number of applications ( without us obviously). They stopped sending the PT after Feb.

2. They have changed all officers. may be there was mass resignation or they chunked all of them out. But the staff is changed is very obvious
3. They are binding to IRCC and have to follow guidelines of IRCC so that the DRAW are not affected because the whole PR process is governed by IRCC.

I did not realise they changed all officers. That sucks... well depends on the reason. How do you know this?

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
malican said:
I did not realise they changed all officers. That sucks... well depends on the reason. How do you know this?
Good question, how do you know this? I'm not disagreeing with you (or being difficult) I'm just wondering if there has been any news of this that I may have missed...

bestofluck said:

Anyway, I think it works like this:
- Suppose they can give 5500 nomination per year (this is controlled by the federal government, but for argument's sake let's suppose)
- Suppose the have an automated system that goes through the EE database always searching for new candidates (with EE profile less that 3 months old) that have a CRS of 430 and above and has NOC that match an Ontario in-demand NOC list and upon finding a candidate sends an automatic NOI
- Suppose last year this nifty system managed to pick up around 4800 people, whcih meant they had 700 invitations not used
- So because they wanted to pick up more people the easiest thing to do is to lower the bar, so this year they reconfigured the system to do the same but to search for people with CRS of 400 or more; so the only change was 30 points less on the CRS
- Now this year by Feb the system had already picked 5500 people so upon realising this they put the system on standby

Now you have a situation where they had in half of the time a lot more NOI to deal with that last year, so they became over tasked.. Last year processing 100 packages per week was ok, this year they needed to process 250 to meet the deadlines... and they didn't...

Now suppose that the system issued more that 5500 by mistake (maybe they never thought they'd issued so many and didn't bother checking until they found out that the system had issued 1000 more that their quota... Now this begins to explain why they changed their policy around FEB an no longer allowed returned packages to be resubmitted!

Like I said, I'm supposing as I doubt anyone here knows or can verify any of this, so we're all left with mere theories, right?

Honestly man, something here stinks, the OINP process was originally designed to process applications within 6 months so that you're well within the 12 month EE expiring cycle... We're now looking into 10-12 months processing time, this year...

Now I agree with you that OINP and the Ontario authorities are essentially good (we all must believe that, right? Otherwise we wouldn't be here trying ti immigrate to Ontario), but something is amiss and this explanation about a blunder setting a cut off value fits the bill perfectly.

Sugar2016

Jul 21, 2016
Latest from OOPNP - Cutoff expected to remain over 450 for nomination :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

http://www.oopnp.com/2016/08/31/oinp-cut-off-to-remain-above-450-bring-residency-law-oinp-001-internal-memo/

OINP Cut-Off to remain above 450, bring Residency Law – OINP 001- Internal Memo

Hello Readers,

Recently we published article where we quoted an OINP employee discussing with us that the OINP cut-off CRS scores for invitation may well remain above 450. The policy was under consideration and was not finalised yet. The score was decided after last year decision to keep CRS at 400 and the number of candidates filling up for nomination went over the roof. OINP is still trying to clear backlogs and issuing AOR’s for March applicants while the nominations are yet to arrive for applicants pending January onwards.

Keeping this in mind, OINP office had an “INTERNAL MEMO” circulated to

calculate a rough count of the candidates currently in the pool with CRS scores of 450 and above. OOPNP.com has physical access to the memo but we are unable to publish that currently on our website since that would be against the privacy laws and the person who shared this information will be held accountable. But we are certain that OINP decision makers are currently deciding upon raising the CRS scores higher to make sure the same debacle does not happen again.

With these upcoming changes, SINP recently opened its Occupation-In-Demand applications accepting 700 candidates which was filled in short time. There are chances that other streams in SINP 2016 quota will be opened soon for applications. Since these quota applications are in real high demand, aspirants are advised to make sure they have account ready and logged in to submit their applications on time.

Another important point mentioned in the discussion table is whether OINP should enforce a guideline similar to NBPNP-001 that the principal applicant getting nomination will remain a physical resident of the province. Under this new RESIDENCY LAW, candidates will be required to sign and submit a written commitment of living and working in the province.

This will be valid for the candidates taking the Express Entry Route.

All these changes are not finalised yet but we are expecting these changes to be implemented when OINP opens next on Nov 25 or earlier.

We are scheduled for another dialogue with this OINP employee and we will notify our readers about any other specific developments.

Cheers

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Sugar2016 said:
Latest from OOPNP - Cutoff expected to remain over 450 for nomination :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

http://www.oopnp.com/2016/08/31/oinp-cut-off-to-remain-above-450-bring-residency-law-oinp-001-internal-memo/

OINP Cut-Off to remain above 450, bring Residency Law – OINP 001- Internal Memo

Hello Readers,

Recently we published article where we quoted an OINP employee discussing with us that the OINP cut-off CRS scores for invitation may well remain above 450. The policy was under consideration and was not finalised yet. The score was decided after last year decision to keep CRS at 400 and the number of candidates filling up for nomination went over the roof. OINP is still trying to clear backlogs and issuing AOR’s for March applicants while the nominations are yet to arrive for applicants pending January onwards.

Keeping this in mind, OINP office had an “INTERNAL MEMO” circulated to

calculate a rough count of the candidates currently in the pool with CRS scores of 450 and above. OOPNP.com has physical access to the memo but we are unable to publish that currently on our website since that would be against the privacy laws and the person who shared this information will be held accountable. But we are certain that OINP decision makers are currently deciding upon raising the CRS scores higher to make sure the same debacle does not happen again.

With these upcoming changes, SINP recently opened its Occupation-In-Demand applications accepting 700 candidates which was filled in short time. There are chances that other streams in SINP 2016 quota will be opened soon for applications. Since these quota applications are in real high demand, aspirants are advised to make sure they have account ready and logged in to submit their applications on time.

Another important point mentioned in the discussion table is whether OINP should enforce a guideline similar to NBPNP-001 that the principal applicant getting nomination will remain a physical resident of the province. Under this new RESIDENCY LAW, candidates will be required to sign and submit a written commitment of living and working in the province.

This will be valid for the candidates taking the Express Entry Route.

All these changes are not finalised yet but we are expecting these changes to be implemented when OINP opens next on Nov 25 or earlier.

We are scheduled for another dialogue with this OINP employee and we will notify our readers about any other specific developments.

Cheers
They want hits on their website :) . I can very well do this myself - create a gossip story and post it to increase the number of hits but this is kind of stupid you know. Keeping people misinformed. Well even if there is such an employee, whatever he/she is saying well not apply to candidates who have already applied. About the"residency law", Ontario doesn't need one because for a large portion of immigrants, Ontario is the province of choice. IMO, Ontario does not have a "immigrant drain" problem but NB does. The Atlantic provinces also might have this problem but not Ontario. I think the author is just a bluff - collected a few facts that are authentic and make a $h!t story of of it! I'd take that news with a pinch truck sea full of salt.

Anvishi

Jun 17, 2016
After reading couple of posts, suddenly a doubt aroused regarding the IELTS result validity.

I wrote my IELTS last September and i got the result on 23/10/2015. Please correct me if i am wrong, my IELTS on its own is valid for 2 years and the same 2 years validity holds good for Canadian Immigration as well right???

Also my EE profile will expire in December 2016, so when i recreate my EE profile, i can resubmit the same IELTS result right?? ( as i have validity till 23/10/20

But, i am still confused, please suggest, so that i can book the slot if needed.