Champion Member
Dec 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mshergill said:
Guys,

What you think, should I write an email and ask for my application status or should I wait till Friday?

Thank you in advance.
Send the mail now.. Why wait!!! The remaining applicants will get the AoR's max by Fri. :) :)

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
I got my AOR last Friday! They received my package on March 3rd. Anyone know when it will enter assessment phase and subsequent decision phase? Any ideias?

savco2000

Aug 8, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you bestofluck. I'd like to wish all the applicants the best of luck. It's been a long journey.

For me the nightmare began when I tried to get a DD in Canadian dollars. I currently reside in the US and I quickly discovered that this was going to be damn near impossible. The only bank which could do it was PNC Bank but I needed to have had an account open with them for at least 3 months before they could offer me the service.

So I had to contact my cousin in Hamilton, ON to get me the DD. The only way to quickly send him the cash was through Western Union or MoneyGram. I used Western Union and it cost me a pretty penny. Then Western Union withheld the funds! I had to call them and stay on the line for what seemed like an eternity while a customer care representative asked me how I knew my own cousin and since when, why I'm sending him so much money etc. I mean she was all up in my business even suggesting alternatives that I had already thought of and ruled out due to time constraints. Eventually they released the funds.

My cousin deposited the money in his account but it had to stay overnight before he could get a DD. Remember time is ticking! When he finally got it, he didn't realize the urgency of the matter and sent it to me by registered mail instead of overnight mail! So I was sitting on pins and needles while waiting for it. I eventually got it in time but it struck me as absurd for the DD to have to cross an international border twice! You'd think that since the US and Canada are each others biggest trading partner that it would be easy to move money between them but NOOO!

Bottom line OINP should make it easier for people to pay the application fee. Perhaps accept multiple payment types? We should not have to jump through hoops just to give OINP our money. It took me almost 2 weeks just to get a DD in Canadian dollars not to mention the amount of stress!

The next part of my nightmare was about an hour after I handed my parcel to the courier. That's when I discovered that I hadn't included the entire application form!

OINP tried to make life easier by making the form electronic but that checklist three quarters of the way through the application threw me off. I got to it, it threw some errors, I thought I had finished anyway and proceeded to print the individual screens (I mean checklists are usually at the end not in the middle of forms). So I sent the application form with missing pages including the signature page (It didn't even hit me that I hadn't signed the form!) which was received on March 22nd. Mind you my 45 day deadline was on March 24!

So the following day I mailed a complete application form with a cover letter overnight explaining the situation. It was received by OINP on March 23. I also followed up with a call and the guy who took my call asked for my details and seemed to head off to hunt for the initial application.

So when I read that OINP was returning applications for frivolous reasons and there was no re-submission my heart sunk. I was pretty sure my application was going to be returned. Worse still I had moved apartments in the interim period and my old apartment had an automated package system where if I was no longer listed on the lease the package would be returned to the sender. OINP had said not to send them any updates until I get an AOR. I sent them my new address anyway. So for a few months I was essentially blind but at least now I can breathe.

I hear for the next intake OINP has designed a new online system. I hope they noted all the pain points of the current system and that the new system addresses them.

Mallikaasharmaa

Feb 13, 2016
Passport Req..
28-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-03-2017
@savco2000

WOW!!! can imagine what a nightmare it must have been for you.
And also extremely well written, I was imagining the whole thing...
And I totally agree with all the points.
All the people sending their DD's again is only going to slow them down.
But, we learn from mistakes.

I think it will be safe to say that most of us had some kind of OINP adventure.

I remember that I had been waiting since September 2015 for scores to drop to 446
but to no avail.
So, one desperate night I found this forum and put the question on it.
Only to be encourage after some time by some members
to re create the profile again.
And I did. Got my Letter of interest from Ontario in next couple of hours.
The date was 16th Feb. The last known date they sent that letter.
If I had slept that night instead of staying awake and re creating my profile I
would have missed it.

Till this day I thanks Asivad anac, cjs and other friends who encouraged me when I was
afraid to even check my online profile, thinking I might do something wrong...

savco2000

Aug 8, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you Mallikaasharmaa for complimenting my writing. I wish you were the one grading my IELTS reading section ;D

cencentaotao

Star Member
Mar 18, 2016
Visa Office......
Hongkong vo
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
10/Feb/2017
AOR Received.
28/2/2017
Med's Request
10/Feb/2017
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
12/9/2017
Got AOR on 24 August . ;D :D app arrived on 22 March. File no 59**

arielnana

Star Member
Mar 13, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

Kindly please update my status.

App. Received: March 10, 2016
AOR: August 24, 2016

File#:XHEC-16058xx

Wish we all the best of luck & get nomination soon. :p

mann.jas

Star Member
Dec 1, 2012
Ontario
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-01-2016
Nomination.....
20-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-01-2017
Med's Done....
J
CEC inland and FSW outland

arielnana said:
Can anyone tell me what does "CEC-I, FSW-O" stand for? Thanks.

gsan16

Jul 29, 2016
I have been asked for a new dd.

Also, I moved to another city and changed my job. Shall I fill the personal form, add exp letter and last payslips of that company and payslips of the new company, appointment letter, LOE etc along with my dd and courier everything as a hardcopy.

I have to add another POF as well coz I had not maintained 2000 dollars in the savings account which I had cited in POF initially. So need to show these 2000 somewhere else.

What do u guys suggest?

@ bestofluck @raj @ mzasam -- your inputs plz.

Palls

Feb 5, 2016
Hi Guys,
Thought twice before informing u all, my application got rejected, coz my agent did not attach my resume copy in the application. I am totally depressed with this blunder my agent has made, as I used them for not doing this kind of silly mistakes,
Please do not trust your agent at all blindly. I really don't know what to say or expect after this tragedy with me. Can anyone guide me if I want still tell Ontario that it's not my mistake and my agents.

Please check if anyone of you can suggest me and keep my hopes positive.

Best of luck to all other's waiting for AOR, specially for Angel1719 you deserve an AOR very soon. All other for Nomination.

I wanted to be a part of this green going list.