CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
hi does anybody know how to obtain oec when you hold open work permit? where to get from the philippines. how much do i need to pay? where to get it. thanks

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wsongco said:
hi does anybody know how to obtain oec when you hold open work permit? where to get from the philippines. how much do i need to pay? where to get it. thanks
hi,
If this is SOWP, no need for the OEC. What you need is a copy of your spouse's work permit that needs only to be presented at the airport when you exit. Immigration officials identify this as part of 'dependent's visa' (their term not mine :) ).

If you still need an OEC - if you can drop by the POEA Balik Manggagawa processing center - and apply for one. But you need a copy of the current visa and passport (for some reason they don't look at the copy of the WP :)), a letter from your employer (employment letter) and EC. What is important is stated the contract dates/work duration and current compensation. Tip - ask the guard at the doorway entrance for how to get this and what counters to go through.
Or - there are online services now - http://www.poea.gov.ph/ - check the banner for returning OFWs - they have the appointment system online to get your OEC. Here is the formal announcement http://www.poea.gov.ph/news/2012/PR_Oct2012_BMappointment.pdf and also includes the fees.

/good luck...

wsongco

Nov 7, 2010
montreal
Visa Office......
CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
Thanks ragluf. My owp is from live in caregiver program. im not Sowp. Do i still need oec?

Nica_2012

Nov 1, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@job_seeker - not so familiar with PCG - Vancouver....thanks

@wsongco - if you are going home to Philippines, you better get the OEC from the nearest Philippine Consulate Office in your area. It is way much cheaper to get it from here than in the Philippines. Thank you.

wsongco

Nov 7, 2010
montreal
Visa Office......
CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
Im in thé philippines now. I havé nô choice and thé nearest consulate s Toronto im from Montréal. I went to nearest poea They say i Will Pay travel tax same as tourist. Where can i verify this.

Nica_2012

Nov 1, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@wsongco - you can get your OEC from POEA. I do not know if you're exempted from travel tax if you show your OWP. Not so sure also if temporary foreign workers are exempted from travel tax. Haven't been back to Philippines since I came to Toronto in 2010. Thank you.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
How much is travel tax? And where does one pay for it?

Nica_2012 said:
@ wsongco - you can get your OEC from POEA. I do not know if you're exempted from travel tax if you show your OWP. Not so sure also if temporary foreign workers are exempted from travel tax. Haven't been back to Philippines since I came to Toronto in 2010. Thank you.

Nica_2012

Nov 1, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@job_seeker and wsongco - try on the link (www.poea.gov.ph) posted by ragluf....it is very helpful. thank you.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Travel tax: Php1620.00; airport tax Php550.00. Go to the nearest POEA office and get OEC (takes less than half an hour to finish if there's no line, and about Php2000++)

wsongco said:
Im in thé philippines now. I havé nô choice and thé nearest consulate s Toronto im from Montréal. I went to nearest poea They say i Will Pay travel tax same as tourist. Where can i verify this.

wsongco

Nov 7, 2010
montreal
Visa Office......
CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
Which is which? Do i have to pay oec or travel tax. When i went to poea they ask for my airticket which i dont bring with me because in the website the requirements are only pp, wp and letter from employer. So i dont want to go back again wuthout assurance i will get oec.

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wsongco said:
Thanks ragluf. My owp is from live in caregiver program. im not Sowp. Do i still need oec?
Your travel re-entry visa is stamped worker (W-1) right? You would need one - as you classed as a worker.
Here's is the rub based on my experience in POEA - they look at the visa - not the permit. If your re-entry visa says Worker - you will require an OEC. Same at Immigration - they will look at the re-entry visa and see 'Worker' there, and will look for an OEC.
But as you are a returning TFW, the processing is just sort of 'renewing' your OEC and that is much easier. At POEA tell them that you are a returning OFW (even at the info desks immediately after the gate at POEA Main) - they will ask for presentation of the passport - and direct you to the Balik Manggagawa counters inside the building. The magic words here are 'returning OFW' and 'renewal of OEC' when talking to the people on the counters... :)

Bring your ticket and a photocopy of the ticket - this is a guarantee you have a scheduled flight back. Well this is PH agency bureaucracy at its best. Also as in case - bring a photocopy of your WP (if needed).

At POEA - you will only pay for the OEC fees, not the travel tax. Travel tax is assessed at the airport. Still trying to find the official DFA link for travel tax - but perhaps this would suffice in the meantime :)
http://www.airphilexpress.com/Government-Fees

/hope this helps....

wsongco

Nov 7, 2010
montreal
Visa Office......
CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
Do you have idea how much will i pay?

Thanks

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wsongco said:
Do you have idea how much will i pay?

Thanks
See this from the link : http://www.poea.gov.ph/news/2012/PR_Oct2012_BMappointment.pdf
"Returning workers have to pay Php100 for POEA processing fee; US$25 or its peso equivalent for OWWA contribution on a per contract coverage; Php1,200 for one year Philhealth coverage; and a minimum of Php100 contribution to Pag-ibig Fund"

Don't have my OEC with me - it has the fees in there before. I can send you what was assessed of me later. :)

wsongco

Nov 7, 2010
montreal
Visa Office......
CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
Thanks ill be back to poea on monday. Ill keep you posted!