OEC

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wsongco said:
Thanks ill be back to poea on monday. Ill keep you posted!
Sent you PM. Also - Monday is the worst day - too busy there. Time your arrival so you come in when the main bunch of the line has passed (usually around 2-4pm). Will get back to you on the fees later.

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ wsongco

BTW having an OEC exempts you from travel tax and the airport users fee. The OEC needs to be 'validated' at the POEA/OFW labor assistance counters at the airport (at NAIA - it is at the left side of the departure terminal - Terminal 1). Then you will be asked to present this upon airline check-in - for exemption of travel tax. Then after check-in - go to the designated counter for payment of airport user's fee - there is a special lane for OFW/TFWs. Present the OEC and the boarding pass, it will be stamped and a copy of the OEC left for your records will be returned with your boarding pass - no need to pay the airport fee...

ragluf said:
See this from the link : http://www.poea.gov.ph/news/2012/PR_Oct2012_BMappointment.pdf
"Returning workers have to pay Php100 for POEA processing fee; US$25 or its peso equivalent for OWWA contribution on a per contract coverage; Php1,200 for one year Philhealth coverage; and a minimum of Php100 contribution to Pag-ibig Fund"

Don't have my OEC with me - it has the fees in there before. I can send you what was assessed of me later. :)

honeysweetie

Jun 17, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wsongco said:
Thanks ill be back to poea on monday. Ill keep you posted!
It depends on how long have you work abroad. Because you need to pay the Pag-ibig, OWWA membership and so on. My first vacation was 2010 (and stayed abroad for 3.5 years) I paid P2,350. I went home 2011 and I only paid P100. And now I'm going home this December and got it at Labor Attache's Office here in Toronto and it cost me $4.03

wsongco

Nov 7, 2010
montreal
Visa Office......
CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
Thanks

@ honeysweety why you only pay P100 last 2011? Im open wp holder no more employment contract. Never paid owwa and pag ibig. I work in taiwan then came to canada 2007.

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Here it is:
POEA processing fee: Php 100.00
OWWA membership: Php 1,067.50
Philhealth-Medicare: Php 900.00
PAG-IBIG-Medicare: Php 100.00

This was in May this year when I went back for a vacation after spending 17mos at work and the computation is based on the assessment made at the Balik-Manggagawa Center at POEA. They asked me for a copy of the EC which I did not have but my employment letter had the compensation specified - so most probably the assessment is based on that.

/best of luck to you...
ragluf said:
See this from the link : http://www.poea.gov.ph/news/2012/PR_Oct2012_BMappointment.pdf
"Returning workers have to pay Php100 for POEA processing fee; US$25 or its peso equivalent for OWWA contribution on a per contract coverage; Php1,200 for one year Philhealth coverage; and a minimum of Php100 contribution to Pag-ibig Fund"

Don't have my OEC with me - it has the fees in there before. I can send you what was assessed of me later. :)

riaivy1980

Jun 2, 2010
do they also have the same thing with Cebu international airport? I'll be going december 8 and will be back on January 3, 2013. Just wondering if I won't have problem that I get my ticket straight to Cebu and back, not passing by Manila.

honeysweetie

Jun 17, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wsongco said:
Thanks

@ honeysweety why you only pay P100 last 2011? Im open wp holder no more employment contract. Never paid owwa and pag ibig. I work in taiwan then came to canada 2007.
I didn't asked POEA anymore. My Receipt only shows Processing Fee Php100. (-: Maybe because I didn't pay OWWA Membership Fee when I exited way back 2006 because I entered Norway as visit visa.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
The OEC actually exempts returning OFWs from the travel tax and airport tax. You only have to show your e-receipt at the airport. Cost would be a little over Php2000.00. Grants your dependents in the Philippines Philhealth benefits.

wsongco said:
Which is which? Do i have to pay oec or travel tax. When i went to poea they ask for my airticket which i dont bring with me because in the website the requirements are only pp, wp and letter from employer. So i dont want to go back again wuthout assurance i will get oec.

Skyline29

Aug 11, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2014
Doc's Request.
Dependant fill out form & sent documents
AOR Received.
File in Ecas feb 19, 2014
Med's Request
Upfront medical
Med's Done....
Done
Interview........
?
Passport Req..
?
VISA ISSUED...
?
LANDED..........
?
Hi to all :) need help to clarify about - do I need a OEC ? I'm currently have open work permit - but I don't work - home stay mom at my 2years old son - if I have a work just part time - I have on going family sponsor by my husband - I'm going to philippines this September 14 , 2017- so do I need a OEC or I need to pay travel tax - is my husband & son need to pay travel tax ? Thanks