+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>OCTOBER 2019 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

BLACKPILL

Star Member
Jun 8, 2019
Is IRCC still giving out COPR? Anyone got their passport back yet? Some say the government is easing the social distancing in May, possibly we can see some COPR in May or June?

Pofsally

Star Member
Feb 26, 2020
What is the number you have called?
Hi. You can check the phone number from ircc’s website. You may google it by keywords “cic call center”.
However, call center is not answering the calls at the moment. You need to raise a webform if you would like to learn your application status.

haiderijaz

Star Member
Nov 30, 2011
Islamabad, Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2019
Doc's Request.
29-01-2020
AOR Received.
15-11-2019
Hi. You can check the phone number from ircc’s website. You may google it by keywords “cic call center”.
However, call center is not answering the calls at the moment. You need to raise a webform if you would like to learn your application status.
No, they are answering calls now.

Reactions: m1988z

haiderijaz

Star Member
Nov 30, 2011
Islamabad, Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2019
Doc's Request.
29-01-2020
AOR Received.
15-11-2019
Did you receive your ppr? From where did you apply?
I can confirm this means passed as I had called IRCC this Tuesday after receiving the webform reply when my additional documents changed to NA. They told me that everything has been passed and just security is left to finalize the application.

haiderijaz

Star Member
Nov 30, 2011
Islamabad, Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2019
Doc's Request.
29-01-2020
AOR Received.
15-11-2019
I also received an update today. My additional document is changed from "we are reviewing the additional documents you provided" to Not applicable. I was asked to give RCMP check which I completed in November. I hope it is a good sign. Any idea guys how long it will take now to get the PPR ?
Earlier this used to be a sign of getting PPR. Most people got theirs in one day to 3 weeks after this change. However, recently this hasn't been the case since Covid - 19. Better to call on them and check but my two cents here are that you have passed eligibility. So that's a pretty good sign

Reactions: bobrovsky07

bobrovsky07

Apr 3, 2017
Earlier this used to be a sign of getting PPR. Most people got theirs in one day to 3 weeks after this change. However, recently this hasn't been the case since Covid - 19. Better to call on them and check but my two cents here are that you have passed eligibility. So that's a pretty good sign
Thank you for your reply. hopefully PPR soon.

haiderijaz

Star Member
Nov 30, 2011
Islamabad, Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2019
Doc's Request.
29-01-2020
AOR Received.
15-11-2019
In their website they say they don’t. It’s good news then. Thank you for sharing this information.
Yes that's what happened with me too. I happened to call them after noticing from a FB group that people were getting through. When I called them on Monday, the operator recording was that we are closed but still the call went through. (My mic didn't work). When I called the next day, the operator recording was that we are operating with limited staff.

Reactions: Pofsally

m1988z

Star Member
Sep 29, 2019
I can confirm this means passed as I had called IRCC this Tuesday after receiving the webform reply when my additional documents changed to NA. They told me that everything has been passed and just security is left to finalize the application.
And do you know what does it mean?

Our AOR was October 6 express entry (FSW)
We received the webform result:

• We are still reviewing if your application met thr eligibility requirements of program you applied for.
  • The security background verification has not initiated yet.
  • The criminal background verification is currently valid.
what does it mean?
The application is still under review?
How long does it take??? What should we do?
Is it better to call them to accelerate the processing time?

varlak

Mar 26, 2020
Me too the same case, waiting with COPR. I think they opened the validation of PR - But not clearly getting the context

Who is exempt from Canadian travel restrictions?
The following are among the list of people allowed to enter Canada by land or air while the travel restrictions are in place until June 30, 2020:

• Canadian citizens
  • Permanent residents
  • Immediate family of Canadian citizens and permanent residents
  • Permanent resident applicants who had been approved for permanent residence prior to March 18 and who had not yet travelled to Canada
  • Temporary foreign workers
  • International students who held a valid study permit or who had been approved for one before March 18
  • Transiting passengers
Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) holders who are unable to travel because of coronavirus-related disruptions can contact IRCC via its web form to explain their situation. They can expect IRCC to advise them about the next steps.

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) recommends checking their webpage for the most recent updates before travelling to Canada.

It is also mandatory for all travellers to self-isolate for 14 days after their arrival to Canada. As of today, April 15, all new arrivals to Canada must wear a mask or face covering before they can proceed to their final destination. They must also have a credible quarantine plan, or they will be forced to stay in a hotel.
I just received my PR in e-mail. Yes you read that right. I was surprised when i got an email for IRCC that my PR process is complete with a letter that will be PR till the time I get my PR cards. Also I need to send my CoPR and photo to the local IRCC office to apply for PR card. I have 1 year time to do that. Travel outside canada might be challenging without PR card, will need to apply with the local office for a travel document. This is just not for me another friend of mine too got it. So looks like its automatic landing for inland applicants who have got their CoPR. Hope this helps. Thanks.

pemyrie

May 15, 2009
I just received my PR in e-mail. Yes you read that right. I was surprised when i got an email for IRCC that my PR process is complete with a letter that will be PR till the time I get my PR cards. Also I need to send my CoPR and photo to the local IRCC office to apply for PR card. I have 1 year time to do that. Travel outside canada might be challenging without PR card, will need to apply with the local office for a travel document. This is just not for me another friend of mine too got it. So looks like its automatic landing for inland applicants who have got their CoPR. Hope this helps. Thanks.
Congrats! @varlak you have given hope to many inland applicants.

haiderijaz

Star Member
Nov 30, 2011
Islamabad, Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2019
Doc's Request.
29-01-2020
AOR Received.
15-11-2019
And do you know what does it mean?

Our AOR was October 6 express entry (FSW)
We received the webform result:

• We are still reviewing if your application met thr eligibility requirements of program you applied for.
  • The security background verification has not initiated yet.
  • The criminal background verification is currently valid.
what does it mean?
The application is still under review?
How long does it take??? What should we do?
Is it better to call them to accelerate the processing time?
No. This just means that your eligibility is being reviewed. This possibly mean that you may have a recommended pass (if you had previous status) and now it has to be reviewed by a senior officer. You can call them on their helpline.

Reactions: m1988z