+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2018 AOR - join here

Leesharh

Mar 1, 2019
Please I have a question to ask, if your file is approved. Who sends the pr mail. Please is it your local visa office.

For example, my file has been processed at CPC Ottawa. I got the last ghost update on March 18th. Assuming it has been approved, will my file now move to Accra for them to send me the mail or will the mail be generated from CPC Ottawa

I am asking because I noticed most nigerians who can categorically said their files have been approved, got ghost updates over a week or two ago hasn't gotten their PR mail while their Indian counterparts are getting PR since this week started.

Could anyone please answer the question for me. Thank you.

@fawn @tobs please what do you think

Tjoguns

Mar 9, 2019
Hi All,

I have been a silent reader of the thread.

I received my PPR mail yesterday, but have doubts following things due to my wife's pregnancy who is due in 3.5 months
  1. How to inform the Ottawa office about my wife's pregnancy and expected due date? By mailing them (if yes, what is the email) or by raising a web form?
    1. Should I just mention details or do I need to provide Doctor's confirmation letter as well?
  2. Should I submit passports along with informing the Ottawa office or should I wait for their response first?
  3. Is it ok if I submit passports by early next week and would it have any adverse affect due to delay of 5 days?
We want to move to Canada only after the delivery and want to include our child in the application.

How should I proceed ahead. Thanks in advance for your replies.

Best regards!
I would advise that you mail CIC first, inform them of your plans and get a feedback from them before you send your passports. I've read about a similar situation on naira land. The applicant was advised on what to do by CIC.

Reactions: MrSingh@1984

Tjoguns

Mar 9, 2019
Not to diminish your complaints. I feel if you have the financial capacity to have your baby there, it might just be the best for you.

Think about the advantages, your baby gets a passport instead of PR.

Adding your child after the baby birth might delay your Visa more.

I have a family friend that landed with his pregnant wife, she gave and he left Canada back to Nigeria to get themselves together. They have gotten their PR, baby got her passport and life is easy.

To each his own though.
The expenses will not be covered by the government since he wouldn't be issued a health card until after 3 months post landing. Also, to avoid unnecessary stress on his wife, my advise is to inform CIC first.

MrSingh@1984

Aug 9, 2018
Not to diminish your complaints. I feel if you have the financial capacity to have your baby there, it might just be the best for you.

Think about the advantages, your baby gets a passport instead of PR.

Adding your child after the baby birth might delay your Visa more.

I have a family friend that landed with his pregnant wife, she gave and he left Canada back to Nigeria to get themselves together. They have gotten their PR, baby got her passport and life is easy.

To each his own though.
I understand where you are coming from. In an ideal scenario, I would have liked to do that too but I think it's better to have the baby in home country due to all the uncertainties
The expenses will not be covered by the government since he wouldn't be issued a health card until after 3 months post landing. Also, to avoid unnecessary stress on his wife, my advise is to inform CIC first.
That's what I was thinking too...At this stage, I don't want to deal with all the uncertainties that arise when moving to a new country plus we might need some support from our family too during this period

Leesharh

Mar 1, 2019
I know, that's why I said, if he had the financial capability to do that. I also learnt, if you have been there for up to 3 months, you could get some help, I am not sure, I don't know but from March to July is more than 3months.

Let him do what's best for him and his family, it's just that after the stress of waiting for PR, then getting it, then you have to delay more. Also after baby birth, to add baby, you have to get an updated proof of funds right.

In my opinion, instead of adding an updated proof of funds, I had rather use the funds to give my baby passport straight

Leesharh

Mar 1, 2019
Got another ghost update today... Hopefully security has been passed.
AoR: Oct 12
VO: Ottawa
Dancing and waiting patiently for the PPR mail...lol
Yaayyyyy. I danced so much on 18th when I got mine
Same Aor, same country

Leesharh

Mar 1, 2019
Can i understand what is that Gosh update
It's when you log into your cic account and you see profile updated.

On a lighter note, you check and check and comb your account with a microscope and you find nothing updated.

Everything is still same, then you log out, try to log in and your profile goes back to submitted.

Some school of thought says the ghost update heralds good news like criminality passed or even that your application has been approved and you will get PPR soon.

Other sceptical school of thought just says it's when an officer touches your file.

I prefer to go with the school of thought that says the ppr mail will come soon

Sandhusarwar

Jul 25, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20 November
AOR Received.
20 November
Nov 2.

My file has been untouched since R10 was completed on December 17.
Although my GCMS notes says, info sharing complete
Hi Sith
Same story here. Info sharing done.At cio. File in Ottawa since December . nothing started. Aor 20 November. I think our BG will be faster now.

Misty18

Jan 22, 2019
I understand where you are coming from. In an ideal scenario, I would have liked to do that too but I think it's better to have the baby in home country due to all the uncertainties

That's what I was thinking too...At this stage, I don't want to deal with all the uncertainties that arise when moving to a new country plus we might need some support from our family too during this period
Check this link out

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/critical-case-wife-got-pregnant-while-waiting-for-ppr.543181/

Reactions: MrSingh@1984

Sree85

Mar 6, 2019
It's when you log into your cic account and you see profile updated.

On a lighter note, you check and check and comb your account with a microscope and you find nothing updated.

Everything is still same, then you log out, try to log in and your profile goes back to submitted.

Some school of thought says the ghost update heralds good news like criminality passed or even that your application has been approved and you will get PPR soon.

Other sceptical school of thought just says it's when an officer touches your file.

I prefer to go with the school of thought that says the ppr mail will come soon
Oh Okay Thank you