AOR Received.
07-12-2017
File Transfer...
17-01-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2017
Med's Done....
13-12-2017
Was the one for Canada explicitly requested? I need to provide multiple ones as well so I got them ready to upload right after I get AOR to avoid any delay, but if they're requesting Canadian ones... :/ I haven't got a request for PCC (or Schedule A) so I've no idea how unambiguous the instructions are.
they say, send pcc for anyplace you have lived for a long time in your adult life. so all the places you provided on the application form, you have to get PCC from those countries.

this is what they have in their request:

At this time, you need to provide a police certificate for:
1) The country where you currently live, if you have lived there for six months or more;
and
2) The country where you have spent most of your adult life since the age of 18.

alq

Star Member
Dec 4, 2017
Sponsor got an email from CIC saying the application has forward to local Visa Office, is it AOR 2? or have to wait until the local visa office start to look at our application then they will send AOR 2?

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
Sponsor got an email from CIC saying the application has forward to local Visa Office, is it AOR 2? or have to wait until the local visa office start to look at our application then they will send AOR 2?
Sure it sounds like an AOR2.

geografa

Apr 30, 2017
That email only means your file has been transferred. You'll know you have AOR2 when they either:
*Send you an email to let you know they have begun processing your application
Or
*You see a line appear in you ECAS that says: "We started processing your application on (date)"...
I waited about 2 weeks to get this line on my ECAS after our file was transferred but it sounds like it's different for every person and VO.

Reactions: posse

posse

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London, UK
App. Filed.......
17-10-2017
Doc's Request.
06-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-12-2017
File Transfer...
17-01-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2017
Med's Done....
13-12-2017
Even more random than that apparently because we're outland but no message for PCC or Schedule A. Got an email that I've received a message but all I see is "Medical Report - Section A Client identification and summary (IMM 1017E) - December 15, 2017". Speaking of, is that supposed to be the medical request?
yes, open the message, theresa pdf, that is medical request yuou need to go do the medical.

Reactions: canadaVisa10

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
That email only means your file has been transferred. You'll know you have AOR2 when they either:
Or
*You see a line appear in you ECAS that says: "We started processing your application on (date)"...
I waited about 2 weeks to get this line on my ECAS after our file was transferred but it sounds like it's different for every person and VO.
Ya, you are right. It really depends on the VOs. Some VOs never send out another email to confirm the receiving, some VOs do. And for me, my case will be processed in CPC-Mississauga, so they only sent me an email to confirm that, and a lot folks here said that email I received counted as AOR2.

yukkiRN

Star Member
Nov 30, 2017
Nova Scotia
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
Med's Done....
22-12-2017
they say, send pcc for anyplace you have lived for a long time in your adult life. so all the places you provided on the application form, you have to get PCC from those countries.

:(:(
I am living in the United States for 18 years and this is where I spent most my adulthood. However I have lived in 4 different countries other than the United States and each place I spent more than 6 months. As posse says, in the PCC letter it sure sounds like I don't need any PCC other than from the USA. So I followed the instruction of the letter, just submitted the one from the USA. But here is something I am worrying...when I open MyCIC it does say "Police Certificate(multiple)(required)"! And when you open a little "?" beside the box, this comes up...
You must provide a police certificate for every country, region or territory, other than Canada, in which you have spent 6 months or more. A police certificate is a copy of your criminal record, or a declaration of the absence of any criminal record.

Example: If you visited, worked or lived in a country for two months, left for a few years, then returned for four months, that counts as spending six months there. In this case, you would need a certificate.
I am quite worried here:(

Kishaloy_Paul

Star Member
Dec 4, 2017
Hello guys!
After submitting Schedule A, MyCIC account shows "Replacement provided; Uploaded filename: eIMM5669E-Schedule A" and status in CIC website shows for additional documents "The additional documents you provided have been uploaded."

Is it comfirm the document has uploaded? Please help to reduce some stress...... :)

canadaVisa10

Star Member
Oct 9, 2017

At this time, you need to provide a police certificate for:
1) The country where you currently live, if you have lived there for six months or more;
and
2) The country where you have spent most of your adult life since the age of 18.
Yeah, but that applies for countries other than Canada. Unless cic explicitly asks for one. From cic police cert instruction link for Canada: "The Canadian visa office will tell you if you need a Canadian criminal record check while your application is being processed."

Thank you very much, @posse, for posting the exact text from the police cert request! Much appreciated. I'm not living in Canada atm so I'm glad to see I don't have to worry about getting one for Canada for now.

Last edited:

alq

Star Member
Dec 4, 2017
Or
ok, thx!

alq

Star Member
Dec 4, 2017
Hello guys!
After submitting Schedule A, MyCIC account shows "Replacement provided; Uploaded filename: eIMM5669E-Schedule A" and status in CIC website shows for additional documents "The additional documents you provided have been uploaded."

Is it comfirm the document has uploaded? Please help to reduce some stress...... :)
For myself, I consider it is confirmed .

canadaVisa10

Star Member
Oct 9, 2017
yes, open the message, theresa pdf, that is medical request yuou need to go do the medical.
Haha, I clicked everywhere just in case there was a concealed and/or not well-colored (aka badly-designed) link hiding somewhere that'd open the message. I see now that I missed the tiny ">" on the left to expand or collapse it. Perhaps it's more obvious once a few messages are stacked but with just one, it's not user-friendly or intuitive, eh? Thanks for confirming that it was indeed a request :)

Reactions: posse

WeegieInOttawa

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London (UK)
App. Filed.......
24-10-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
File Transfer...
24-01-2018
Med's Request
11-12-2017
Med's Done....
02-01-2018
Was the one for Canada explicitly requested? I need to provide multiple ones as well so I got them ready to upload right after I get AOR to avoid any delay, but if they're requesting Canadian ones... :/ I haven't got a request for PCC (or Schedule A) so I've no idea how unambiguous the instructions are.
Yes it was...

"At this time, you need to provide a police certificate for: 1) The country where you currently live, if you have lived there for six months or more; and 2) The country where you have spent most of your adult life since the age of 18. One for each country in which you have resided for 6 months or more (originals) You must also provide this for every family member (whether accompanying you to Canada or not) who is aged 18 or older. Please refer to your application guide for a definition of “family member”. This must be received at this office by: 2018/01/14"

I only got my PCC request this morning and dont have a canadian one so i will have to get on that.. I knew it was a possibility that they would ask for it but it seemed there was a higher chance they wouldnt so i didnt apply for one when i applied for my UK one. Cant predict the future unfortunately!

I am living in the United States for 18 years and this is where I spent most my adulthood. However I have lived in 4 different countries other than the United States and each place I spent more than 6 months. As posse says, in the PCC letter it sure sounds like I don't need any PCC other than from the USA. So I followed the instruction of the letter, just submitted the one from the USA. But here is something I am worrying...when I open MyCIC it does say "Police Certificate(multiple)(required)"! And when you open a little "?" beside the box, this comes up...
yukkiRN...is that what yours said? Because that sounds like yes you need to submit more than one. I have the multiple required comment and then the actual request letter is worded as above, so i clearly have to submit my home country one and Canadian one.

Oldmacwright...who knows how they think right!? Im sure they wont hesitate to ask you for one if they want i!

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
Yes we have a representative.
Finally got my schedule A, PCC and medical request today. And the much awaited UCI too.
How long till i get the sponsor approval
Thats probably why you got two. Rep and pa will get all communications

canadaVisa10

Star Member
Oct 9, 2017
Yes it was...

"At this time, you need to provide a police certificate for: 1) The country where you currently live, if you have lived there for six months or more; and 2) The country where you have spent most of your adult life since the age of 18. One for each country in which you have resided for 6 months or more (originals) You must also provide this for every family member (whether accompanying you to Canada or not) who is aged 18 or older. Please refer to your application guide for a definition of “family member”. This must be received at this office by: 2018/01/14"

I only got my PCC request this morning and dont have a canadian one so i will have to get on that.. I knew it was a possibility that they would ask for it but it seemed there was a higher chance they wouldnt so i didnt apply for one when i applied for my UK one. Cant predict the future unfortunately!
This request looks similar to what a helpful forum member shared earlier from their PCC request. So could be generic. I don't have too much go by on this but I'd have thought a request for RCMP would be a lot more specific. That said, I'm not sure how you can confirm this without factoring in the risk of delay if indeed they did require RCMP. The call center folks aren't really trained to answer to this kind of specificity or even on current changes. Perhaps search in the forum before you decide get one?